Forums » Pantheon Classes

What does your heart say to play at launch?

• 176 posts
    March 19, 2016 10:24 AM PDT

Pyde said:

I will be playing Pyde Pyper the Bard of course....... Oh wait.... at launch... Hmmmm. No idea since Bard wont be there /cry

Maybe with enough interest and pledges we can change that

• 1778 posts
    March 19, 2016 12:15 PM PDT

Jamie said:

Pyde said:

I will be playing Pyde Pyper the Bard of course....... Oh wait.... at launch... Hmmmm. No idea since Bard wont be there /cry

Maybe with enough interest and pledges we can change that

I wont hold my breath, but it would be nice.

• 279 posts
    March 20, 2016 3:16 PM PDT

A sexy female Elf Summoner. Gonna hang out near the cities begging for coin.

• 22 posts
    March 22, 2016 9:47 PM PDT
    Enchamter, Shaman or Rogue. Depends on what they become
    • 51 posts
    March 26, 2016 4:04 PM PDT

Human Crusader

• 11 posts
    March 28, 2016 4:22 PM PDT

Warrior ... though if a disciple type healer is created, I'd have to consider that one too, lol.

• 31 posts
    March 29, 2016 10:13 PM PDT

Not sure just depends on what abilities they come out with probably a warrior or cleric but will depend on abilities. Might roll a wizard to just depends on what class I have to most fun playing 

• 57 posts
    March 30, 2016 2:45 AM PDT

I will probably try a Human Crusader at first in order to duo with my wife and try to addict her to the game (LOL), but I will also be running an Elven/Human Ranger since that is where my heart truly lies.

• 769 posts
    March 31, 2016 10:33 AM PDT

That's a tough, tough call.

I'm a rogue at heart. Main in EQ was a rogue, as was EQ2. I branched out in Vanguard and Lotro as a tank, and fell in love with tanking. But in P99, oddly, I'm having some of the most fun with wizard.

WHY DO YOU GOTTA ASK THE TOUGH QUESTIONS, OP?!

My guess is I'll make a rogue, because that's what I always *start* with, but I'll most likely end up as a crusader or die lord, assuming those are both hybrid tanks. The rogue to learn the dungeons and the mechanics for a few levels, the tank to use what I've learned. I hate being a tank that doesn't know the dungeon he's tanking in, front to back.

In Vanguard, my first was a rogue, to lvl 34. Then I made a warrior, and before entering any new dungeon while leveling, I'd first explore it with my rogue. That'll probably be my MO here as well.

-Tralyan

• 11 posts
    April 2, 2016 7:38 PM PDT

Necromancer.

• 8 posts
    April 3, 2016 6:21 PM PDT

i want to play a crusader love the idea of a paldine/crusader i also want to out tank filzin dire lord

• 45 posts
    April 13, 2016 12:16 PM PDT

I think I might have settled on Shaman, but not knowing enough about the class right now, it is hard to say.  I was going to play an enchanter but it seems like everyone and their mother is going to play a chanter so I don't want to end up with /shout Enchanter #25 LFG. 

My main in EQ was a necromancer.  Although I absolutely loved him, it was so exceptionally hard for me to get groups.  So, I'd rather play a class that folks will want to group with.  My alt was a Shaman, and I had a real good time playing him and never had a hard time getting a group, so if the class is similiar to how it was in EQ, I'd certainly be playing a Shaman. 

• 595 posts
    April 13, 2016 3:34 PM PDT

starchildren3317 said:

My main in EQ was a necromancer.  Although I absolutely loved him, it was so exceptionally hard for me to get groups.  So, I'd rather play a class that folks will want to group with.  

Not to get off topic, but this is really too bad.   Though the class will always be thought of as a soloer (for obvious reasons), a truly skilled group Necromancer was one class that I always cherished.  If played well, the class had so many "less obvious" support/heal abilities that allowed them perform a variety of roles in a group, in addition to dps (not in place of).  This was even more evident in cases when a Shaman was also in group because of the Cannibalize/Shadow Compact/Leech synergies.  Groups turning away Necromancers is extremely shortsighted in my opinion.  Necromancer may not have been the best group toon but the idea that you were turned away so readily is a shame. 

Though now that I read what I’ve typed, I’m sure you knew all this!

On topic, doesn't sound like Necro is going to make the cut for launch, so Shaman is likely a good choice ;)

• 133 posts
    April 14, 2016 12:05 AM PDT

Right now, it looks like Crusader and Druid for me. 

• 263 posts
    April 14, 2016 4:22 AM PDT

Cleric or Druid for me!

Ohh and i am glad that maybe Necros wont make it at launch ;P I hated Lifeleach as a healer sometimes!

• 156 posts
    April 14, 2016 5:17 AM PDT

Rogue as my main and a Monk alt for when I'm in a mood and want to be antisocial and just play solo.

• 563 posts
    April 14, 2016 7:50 AM PDT

I always gravitate towards healing classes and currently as it stands I will be playing the Cleric. Though I do have quite a bit of interest in the druid aswell :)

• 644 posts
    April 15, 2016 8:26 PM PDT

I am conflicted.

I always identify with a woodelf druid so an ashen was my plan, but I loved my chanter and my mage.

But the halfling lore has completely sucked me in so I am pretty sure I am going to start as a Halfling.  But I am hoping these have INT caster classes, especialyl an Enchanter.

• 15 posts
    June 28, 2016 1:48 AM PDT

I am going to gun for a tank hopeing for Ogre Dire lord if they can be MT in raid if not Ogre war. But hopeing they make it where each tank can tank raid boss's in their own way.

• 76 posts
    June 28, 2016 4:54 AM PDT

Think I'm going to have to wait until after I get in the game to finalize my decision:

Druid, Shaman, Cleric, Summoner, Monk, Enchanter...all on the somewhat 'short' list.

• 432 posts
    June 28, 2016 9:34 PM PDT

I'm having a difficult time with which class to pick. It will be a Dwarf, I know that much. The problem I have is the 'theme' of a class. I like the idea of using magic, but I play as a Tank. I'm not talking about a 'mage tank' here, i'm talking more like an earth element Tank. So far the Crusader is the only thing which I think thematically uses magic and can tank. The problem is the worshipy religious stuff I don't care for one bit. I'm looking at Warrior, but, this is a western game. In Western games the warrior is usually mundane as ****, and thus worthless to me. If VR puts a stress on 'magic' or 'spiritual energy' within the Warrior class, and make them on par with Crusaders in terms of magical-like abilities, I will be playing Warrior. 

Definitely on the fence, and need more info to comit to anything. Though as I said before--Dwarf is a for sure. 

-Todd

• 194 posts
    June 28, 2016 10:20 PM PDT

tehtawd said:

I'm having a difficult time with which class to pick. It will be a Dwarf, I know that much. The problem I have is the 'theme' of a class. I like the idea of using magic, but I play as a Tank. I'm not talking about a 'mage tank' here, i'm talking more like an earth element Tank. So far the Crusader is the only thing which I think thematically uses magic and can tank. The problem is the worshipy religious stuff I don't care for one bit. I'm looking at Warrior, but, this is a western game. In Western games the warrior is usually mundane as ****, and thus worthless to me. If VR puts a stress on 'magic' or 'spiritual energy' within the Warrior class, and make them on par with Crusaders in terms of magical-like abilities, I will be playing Warrior. 

Definitely on the fence, and need more info to comit to anything. Though as I said before--Dwarf is a for sure. 

-Todd

It sounds like you might be pleasantly surprised with Pantheon's warrior.  From what's been said so far, all classes will be magic users of a sort.  I'm not certain, but I think it was suggested somewhere that warrior abilities would draw from their 'red mana' pool.  While we have no info on what kind of abilities they'll have just yet, I'm guessing they will be as fun and involved to play as the other tanking classes.

The info is a little dated, but they discuss a lot in the Developer's Round Table if you haven't checked them out already.

This post was edited by Elrandir at June 28, 2016 10:21 PM PDT
    • 156 posts
    June 28, 2016 11:10 PM PDT

Bear in mind the Crusader is not necessarily a religious sort, but rather a follower of a specific path (same as Clerics) that wishes to bring judgement to others in the name of that cause. I see them more like Jedi or Knights Hospitaller...vaguely associated with religion but directly associated with a cause.

In this way, you could view their magic as part of their faith in their cause rather than in a deity.

• 23 posts
    June 29, 2016 12:03 AM PDT

I tend to gravitate to the "hybrid" classes. So probably Ranger or Bard. My main on Ragefire is a Ranger, class I never liked before. 

I probably have about 5 characters going within a month ;)

• 21 posts
    June 29, 2016 8:30 PM PDT

Enchanter ........ race matters not to me.