Forums » Pantheon Classes

What does your heart say to play at launch?

• 393 posts
    September 16, 2016 4:24 PM PDT

Human Druid if that combination is available. If not, Elvish Druid.

Alts would include; Archai Shaman, Dwarf Cleric, Elf/Human Ranger

• 172 posts
    September 17, 2016 7:00 AM PDT

I have always loved melee and stealth type classes.. however recently i have been on this twinge to heal people so im definitely rolling a cleric to start.

Depending on how the mage classes turn out i really like the sound of the summoner or some sort of pet/DoT class similar to a necro in EQ.  

Although im really partial to the monk too... so many choices...

Seriously though cleric first for sure.

• 173 posts
    September 17, 2016 11:21 AM PDT

Dwarf Crusader for me.  Was my first toon ever and main for years in EQ, and main in VG as well.  I really like the look of the dwarves in this game.

• 105 posts
    September 17, 2016 2:29 PM PDT

Gnome Dire Lord if possible, Gnomes look badass and a Dire Lord sounds badass so that would make me a double badass...

• 25 posts
    September 19, 2016 3:26 PM PDT

My favorite class in EQ2 --- my first "littlegirl" --  and a soft spot in my heart ...

The Wizard ..... yes I know, a "dime a dozen"  ---  but that's what my heart wants 

• 205 posts
    September 21, 2016 5:33 PM PDT
    My class nearest to my heart is cleric BUT I am afraid I will have to see what my group of friends will be playing so we have a nice well-rounded group.
    • 5 posts
    September 24, 2016 7:10 AM PDT

Not really sure yet but I am leaning towards Enchanter, Druid, Rouge, and most recently Ranger. We will see though when more info is released. As for what race, again no idea. Halflings sound fun though along with Dwarves, Elves, and Dark Myr. 

• 1921 posts
    September 24, 2016 8:51 AM PDT

I've narrowed it down to Wizard, Enchanter, Monk or Rogue, in that order.  As far as race, I'll see what races can be what classes and decide from there.

Honestly, for me, it will come down to types of damage, types of attack, and combat-related utility.  I have learned after playing 20 years of MMO's that "non-combat-related utility" results in a weak class.  I am definitely a min/max'er, and will be parsing during beta to make my choice for launch.

From what has been shown so far in the videos (a wizard and enchanter) the types of attacks (dd, dot) and types of damage (ice, fire, magic) are positives from my perspective and play style.  Hopefully there would be relatively few creatures that would be immune or resistant to all three damage types, and caster perks (gate, bind, buffs, pets, invis, see invis, ports) are historically so much better than non-caster perks, it's going to be an uphill battle for VR to change my mind.

As far as role & gear goes, given the trivial difference in defense between cloth and leather, I can't see that having any significant bearing on my decision regarding a damage class/role.  In other words, dying in 3 hits instead of 4 isn't going to affect my decision. hehhe.

• 85 posts
    September 24, 2016 11:13 AM PDT

want to play a Necromancer type. The EQ Necromancer was the best class I have played in any MMO ever.

If Necromancer is not an option, and it looks like its not in for launch, then I will probably play an Ogre Dire Lord. I might also try a Skar Summoner if there are no plans to put the Necro in the game.

• 54 posts
    September 24, 2016 3:42 PM PDT
    I've usually always played any dual wield melee dps class, Warrior or Rogue for me though I'm still undecided on what race to play, they all seem appealing!
    • 112 posts
    September 25, 2016 9:39 AM PDT

In the past 20 years of playing variety of games from RPGs to mmos. Only one true class I always enjoyed palying..that is a warrior. Now remebering my years of playing EQ and looking forward to my upcoming time in Pantheon I can definitely say  I will be  starting out as an Archai Warrior or crusader (if lore premits).

• 37 posts
    November 14, 2016 7:26 PM PST

Dire Lord no question. Now off to find a decent chanter and cleric because im way to lazy to multic box classes anymore.

• 69 posts
    December 9, 2016 9:42 PM PST

Ranger!  Should be an asset to group DPS and if unable to find groups, should be able to solo content to a certain extent.  I'll always prefer grouping/raiding, but it's nice to know that I can still adventure on my own if groups are unavailable.  If VR follows the EQ ranger to a degree, the class should have some utility early that old school EQ rangers were never able to obtain.  Hopefully that will allow the ranger class to not be looked over when random groups are looking for other players.

• 1618 posts
    December 11, 2016 7:28 PM PST

I will be playing a Gnome Enchanter as my main. But, I will play an Ogre tank, unsure which type, when I play with family. They don't have as much free time as I do. 

As a tank and my wife a healer, my kids can handle the other slots.

• 5 posts
    December 13, 2016 11:55 PM PST

Human monk and gnome enchanter. The one that will feel the most as my old EQ characters will be the main. Can't wait!

-Faranor

• 1860 posts
    January 2, 2017 1:04 PM PST

The more I think about what I want to play the more I am sure that it will all depend on the progeny system. 

None of us will be able to make a educated decision until we know more.  The class you end up as is what's important.  There is still to little information to know what classes to play prior, in order to gain good progeny bonuses.

I have a hard time planning at this stage.

• 159 posts
    January 2, 2017 2:34 PM PST

I'm going to be playing 2 characters (unless there is a workable brotherhood/mentoring system in place at launch...Which I'm almost hoping there's not). I'll have one char for general play (probably a monk or druid depending on class abilities at launch and what races can be what class) and one for when my son is able to play aswell (archai shaman) If there's a working brotherhood system just the shaman. I'd love for an in progress "subject to change" list of race)class combos from the devs....Even if they update it monthly with changes, so we can plot...Err...Plan....

However if they announced a class like the Disciple from VG, I know what if play no questions asked even if I were to run 2 if the same class for different groups.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at January 2, 2017 3:34 PM PST
    • 3 posts
    January 2, 2017 3:35 PM PST

Having played Wizardry online on US server till sunset and the Japan server till it's recent sunset (12/20/16) I enjoyed both Fighter and Bishop classes. This game looks very promising. Can’t wait!!

• 59 posts
    January 3, 2017 9:14 AM PST

atm it says play dire lord but i have to see more about the class :P 

• 4 posts
    January 5, 2017 11:05 PM PST

Depending on which races can be certain classes, I want to be an Archai Warrior or Crusader. Maybe a Dwarf Rogue or Human Summoner.

• 3016 posts
    January 7, 2017 1:17 PM PST

gnome wizard or Dark Myr enchanter (if that is possible..don't know if that will be a choice yet)

• 7 posts
    January 9, 2017 9:07 PM PST

Archai Crusader if it makes sense.  Some other Crusader if it doesn't.  And perhaps a Druid or Monk, depending on character slots and whether multiple toons is viable or not from a time perspective.

• 97 posts
    January 12, 2017 11:44 AM PST

Gnome Monk!! That's going to be a thing, right?........right?

• 126 posts
    January 14, 2017 10:10 AM PST

Halfling Rogue or Monk (race unknown).

• 107 posts
    January 14, 2017 4:46 PM PST

Dire Lord if all three tank classes are balanced. If not, ssomething I can ninja afk during raids.....