Forums » Pantheon Classes

What does your heart say to play at launch?

• 279 posts
    May 6, 2017 2:10 PM PDT

Ves did you see the recent Streams? Rogues seemed to have some decent to great utility (Smoke and Mirrors and Shadowalk or Shadow Walk seemed super beneficial to bring to a party). Just throwing it out there.

• 24 posts
    May 6, 2017 4:55 PM PDT

Sunmistress said:

Ves did you see the recent Streams? Rogues seemed to have some decent to great utility (Smoke and Mirrors and Shadowalk or Shadow Walk seemed super beneficial to bring to a party). Just throwing it out there.

Yes i did. You're right, i forgot about that! Im pretty excited about it though. I dont expect rogues to be as utility driven as other classes, but i like it. I was kinda just rambling my thoughts and comparing all the classes to EQ.

All they have to do really is tell me that rogues are more viable solo and less reliant on backstab for damage and im sold.

• 111 posts
    May 7, 2017 4:39 AM PDT

im not 100% settled yet. it depend on lot of things:

a) will my friends be playing on a pve or a pvp server

b) will necro/bard make it into launch

c) hows the combat style/spell arsenal of the ranger (i like melee dps a lot more then archer)

d) the art style of the bard. if i'm wielding a lute/drum most of the time, he's out. i want real weapons (swords/axes) still i like the versatility of it.

currently it's DL > rogue > necro/bard/ranger for me

• 248 posts
    May 7, 2017 6:19 AM PDT

Ves1221 said:

So my mind tells me to play a monk. I can be DPS, I can have my role in the group to really shine and pull my own weight, and i can solo decently. I just dont particularly like the monk class, mainly because I wont have a super cool looking staff or daggers.

I'm sure I read/heard somewhere they were considering a staff with a blade for the monk... That sounds like a cool weapon :)

-sorte.

• 2752 posts
    May 7, 2017 6:01 PM PDT

Sorte said:

Ves1221 said:

So my mind tells me to play a monk. I can be DPS, I can have my role in the group to really shine and pull my own weight, and i can solo decently. I just dont particularly like the monk class, mainly because I wont have a super cool looking staff or daggers.

I'm sure I read/heard somewhere they were considering a staff with a blade for the monk... That sounds like a cool weapon :)

-sorte.

They have said they intend for fists/unarmed to be the main thing for monks if I remember correctly. Thank the heavens if you ask me, tired of monks being wolverine or rogues with claw weapons.

• 5 posts
    May 7, 2017 6:44 PM PDT

i think at launch i will go the typical :

1- Cleric ( i play healers since 2003 )

2- Enchanter ( Crowd control glaore ) :D

3- Druid ( Ulitly / offhealing ) not sure if its gonna be utility class 

4- any DD class 

• 19 posts
    May 7, 2017 7:07 PM PDT

1-Dwarf Warrior

2-Dwarf Warrior

3-Dwarf Warrior

more depending on progeny system ^___^

• 187 posts
    May 9, 2017 8:28 PM PDT

Update:

I think I've decided on Ogre Druid. I've never really played a Druid before so the experience will be new for me and the novelty of the combination is too tempting to pass up.

Syntro the Ogre Druid: "Me crush you... then me heal you... then me crush you..." ad infinitum.

• 190 posts
    May 16, 2017 7:55 PM PDT

Female, Dark Myr, Dire Lord or Female, Dark Myr,

However, I do have altitis - if only to understand each class/race a bit better and sometimes for roleplay purposes.  But, Shadowknight-like classes have always been a favorite of mine, even when broken. *cough, cough* Early EQ2 *cough, cough* and for some reason I really like playing a full-out heally healer in most games.

WN

• 6 posts
    May 23, 2017 1:12 PM PDT
    Gnome enchanter as my main and Dark Myr Cleric as an alt
    • 4 posts
    May 24, 2017 2:13 AM PDT

Well... that is a bit of a problem !

My first choice woulde be an Archai ranger and my second would be a Skar necromancer !