Forums » Pantheon Classes

What does your heart say to play at launch?

• 724 posts
    December 21, 2015 12:18 PM PST

I've played pretty much all classes of EQ now. Some only recently, when I tried a lot of classes that I never played back in the old days. Unfortunately, doing so has not helped me deciding really :)

I'm leaning more to the caster side, and have narrowed the selection down to cleric, enchanter or summoner. However, I may also go for a melee class like the monk. It will really depend on how the classes are presented.

• 79 posts
    December 21, 2015 1:22 PM PST

Too early to say with our only class info being what we experienced in previous games. Leaning toward Shaman or Druid right now but I'd roll a Bard if they were available at launch. There are always gameplay dynamics or lore from each class that I find appealing that makes it difficult to make my choice until launch. I'd like to pick one and really get familiar with it from the start though.

• 75 posts
    December 21, 2015 5:35 PM PST

Narben4 said:

Human something.....i have never enjoyed my non-human characters as much.

Warrior/Crusader/Direlord/Ranger - but i am waiting to see how the crusader develops

Having said that....Archai.....:)

more and more i am leaning towards a ranger - but taht s only becaise of teh discussion Ark and i have been having in Ranger forums....if not like that i will be tanking and wyaching DL with interest

• 378 posts
    December 22, 2015 2:35 PM PST

Dwarf Cleric, but if the rogue is anything like the VG version (best version of a rogue I have ever played ) it will be a Skar Rogue. 

• 106 posts
    December 23, 2015 12:12 PM PST
    Ranger but of it's anything like today's Rangers who are jumping beans kiting everything then I'll pass. I loved the eq ranger. 2nd choice rogue, 3rd warrior.
    • 668 posts
    December 23, 2015 1:16 PM PST

After playing Enchanter again on EQ progression server, I don't see how I can play anything else.  A Skar or Gnome Enchanter would rock!

• 66 posts
    December 31, 2015 12:46 AM PST

Rogue...definately rogue. i'm leaning HEAVILY towards being a halfling for the sole reason that they LOOK agile and mischevious.

• 10 posts
    December 31, 2015 10:36 AM PST

Halfling Bard....I hope

• 106 posts
    December 31, 2015 6:27 PM PST

tie between Ogre Warrior, (wood) elf ranger, Dark elf Rogue, Skar monk (if the class is availible)

I'll be making all the above in the beginning and seeing which one grows on me

This post was edited by Azar at December 31, 2015 8:03 PM PST
    • 132 posts
    January 13, 2016 12:05 PM PST

Elf Cleric, enchanter, or Wizard since there isn't a traditional dark elf race to love.  I'm guessing the Dark Myr is the closest to DE. 

I also don't like so many races being a sickly blue (blue dorf). And, since the gnome race has a mask, I can't tell what the race will look like. 

So Elf will likely be my go to. Wish we had More indepth info on CLASSES. Descrptions are way too vague right now. 

This post was edited by Medjai at January 13, 2016 12:09 PM PST
    • 137 posts
    January 15, 2016 3:33 PM PST
    I'm feeling the halfling rogue
    • 308 posts
    January 16, 2016 7:31 AM PST

as we dont really have much info on abilities and spells or anything else about the classes i find it hard to definitively pick at this point. that being said my first character will need to be a halfling and i am thinking of several classes. The classes i am thinking of are in order of probability (as long as a halfling can be one of them) Summoner, Shaman, Druid, Direlord, Ranger, Necromancer. Necro would be #1 if it is actually confirmed to be the secret class.

• 11 posts
    January 16, 2016 9:51 AM PST

My first toon was a Barbarian Shaman on Bertoxx server....Himdall.....  I have played a Shaman in every game I can since.

• 130 posts
    January 29, 2016 11:31 AM PST

Enchanter, class I played in EQ for 10+ years.

• 63 posts
    January 31, 2016 8:16 PM PST

I struggle with this. I've always played a healer and have been damn good at it. There's something about keeping people alive that turns the tide in most situations. You also tend to make A LOT of friends when you keep people alive consistently.

Part of me wants to blow stuff up with a wizard or summoner, but I've played healer archetypes for my entire MMO career. I'm good at it, I'm personable, and I actually enjoy it. Lol, I guess I'm answering my own question. Cleric's get love, but which race... hmm... that is the question!

• 1095 posts
    February 1, 2016 3:50 AM PST

I'm toying with the idea o Druid or Shaman. I'm thinking Druid because of the ports and run speed modifiers etc.

• 216 posts
    February 3, 2016 9:03 AM PST

Cleric, love healing too much not to play a healer, especially since many modern games are removing healers over the past several years, its refreshing to see them back. Not sure what race right now, Dwarf, Elf or Human but whatever one offers the best benefits for a healer will be what helps me make the final choice.

As an alt many many years down the line, perhaps an enchanter. But I doubt I'll ever stop playing the Cleric enough to have time for an alt, I tend to dedicate my entire time to one single class and stick to it.

Edit: spelling.

This post was edited by Kellie at February 3, 2016 9:04 AM PST
    • 109 posts
    February 5, 2016 4:09 AM PST

Skar Dire Lord, unless ORCS make it in by launch, than Orc Dire Lord

• 208 posts
    February 8, 2016 9:47 AM PST

Well my heart says Bard, but won't have that option. So thinkinag a Crusader.

• 428 posts
    February 8, 2016 1:15 PM PST

High elf Paladin or a Dark Myr Paladin.  I have always played the dark elf paladin doing good despite his races evil hertiage 

• VR Staff
    • 102 posts
    February 8, 2016 1:22 PM PST

Rogue will always be my go to (and she's performing quite well, btw ;)  Most likely an elf.  I'm fascinated by the Dark Myr though, so it may be a tough decision to run a different class and try something new.  

• 83 posts
    February 8, 2016 2:15 PM PST

BlueEyedGator said:

Rogue will always be my go to (and she's performing quite well, btw ;)  Most likely an elf.  I'm fascinated by the Dark Myr though, so it may be a tough decision to run a different class and try something new.  

Oh that's just mean! lol

I do hope we soon get some more information on how the in-house tests are going soon :)

• VR Staff
    • 102 posts
    February 8, 2016 3:19 PM PST

Zlambit said:

BlueEyedGator said:

Oh that's just mean! lol

I do hope we soon get some more information on how the in-house tests are going soon :)

Sorry, couldn't help it!  The Dark Myr made me do it, lol!  Seriously though, I know it's hard, but as the adage goes......all good things come to those who wait.  Thank you all for your incredible patience.  I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. :)

• 1095 posts
    February 9, 2016 3:29 PM PST

BlueEyedGator said:

DIRTY lol

• 7 posts
    February 13, 2016 4:55 PM PST

Summoner or Druid for me!