Forums » Pantheon Classes

What does your heart say to play at launch?

• 57 posts
    March 22, 2017 1:31 PM PDT

I will play a human shaman and try to make it look as close as I can to barbarian / viking as I can with character creation.

• 4 posts
    April 16, 2017 10:45 PM PDT

My heart is telling me to fill in the sixth spot of this group:

1)Warrior

2)Cleric

3)Wizard

4)Enchanter

5)Rogue

6) ???

• 1468 posts
    April 17, 2017 9:13 AM PDT

Halfling Ranger

Skar Necro (when the Necro class is released)

Ogre Shaman (maybe)

• 384 posts
    April 17, 2017 10:36 AM PDT

Cromulent said:

Halfling Ranger

Hey!! I'm gonna be a halfling ranger! (decision subject to change*) Depending on what the male halflings look like.  If not then I guess an eleven ranger. 

• 1468 posts
    April 17, 2017 12:23 PM PDT

Malsirian said:

Cromulent said:

Halfling Ranger

Hey!! I'm gonna be a halfling ranger! (decision subject to change*) Depending on what the male halflings look like.  If not then I guess an eleven ranger. 

I played a half elf ranger in EQ1 so I was a bit bored of the whole elf thing. A halfling sounds like fun though. Will be interesting to see how it looks in-game.

• 44 posts
    April 22, 2017 12:31 AM PDT
    My main will be a Druid. My entire MMO career has been stepped in heals and the Druid is the best. I'm not even sure that I care what race I play as long as I get ports, damage shields and heals.
    • 40 posts
    April 25, 2017 3:42 PM PDT

My oldest online friend (from original EQ) will be playing a cleric at launch, so I will likely play either a tank class or enchanter, depending on what other friends I make between pre-alpha/alpha/beta/release.  My original main was a paladin, though I switched to a rogue main during Kunark.  I played an enchanter when I gave TLP servers a try, and had an enchanter alt during original EQ.  Crowd control has always been one of my favorite roles, and no game has implemented a CC class better than the EQ enchanter (psi in vanguard a close second).

Honestly though, I've always had a bad case of altitis, and considering I nolife a lot more than most of my friends, will likely level a bunch of toons to 20ish before deciding which class in the new game fits my play style the best. 

• 1584 posts
    April 25, 2017 4:49 PM PDT

Dodger said:

1)Warrior

2)Cleric

3)Wizard

4)Enchanter

5)Rogue

6) ???

Be a shaman, they are normally always great at 2nd heaers to a cleric and ony get buffs and debuffs that they is personalize to them, granted a few might get intertwined with the enchanter maybe but the shaman would still have a very good outlook in that grp, if you feel like another class i would choose a druid still get the heals, lose the additional buffs (maybe), might gain a DS, gain an additional porter, and this could be handy for if there is somewhere the druid can port to that the wizard cant and vise versa.

• 1584 posts
    April 25, 2017 5:00 PM PDT

I plan on either being a Paladin, or warrior im a hardcore tank, and i honestly don't feel like changing what i know i do very well at.   it just seems ot follow the way i play which is being very reactive to my surroundings, always keeping my eyes out in the distance to watch out for other enemies, and such like this a lot of people say i would play very well at any class.  But i have to stick to my guns and muscle it out as a tank and see if i can master being a tank on pantheon, for one in most games tanks are one of the hardest classes to play regardless of how easy they make it.

• 24 posts
    April 26, 2017 9:41 AM PDT

For Alpha and Beta will probably roll an Ogre DL (Begneaux Merci) and for "live" definatly my Iviean Halfling Ranja! With a quick Elf Summoner or Cleric alt/twink afterwards. 

• 93 posts
    April 26, 2017 10:19 AM PDT

I am so excited for this game it's hard not to wet myself.  So fun thinking and planning what I will play, what the skill/spell lineups will be for each class, what the racial abilities will be and how that will shape my decisions on what race/class combos to play.

Having said that, the races I am really liking, based on appearance mainly, are the Dark Myr, Archai and Skar. 

For classes, I'm most interested in an Enchanter, Rogue, Summoner and Shaman.  I love playing crowd control, pet classes and stealthy classes.  

If Evasion as a game mechanic is done well (as opposed to armor and mitigation) then I would love to play a Monk. In so many games damage avoidance is a red-headed stepchild to damage reduction and classes like Monks and the EQ2 Bruiser get shafted.

I am slightly concerned that so many people have a desire to play crowd control classes from what I read here.  Hope it's not hard to get groups.  I played a Psionicist in VG and it was the most fun class in any game I've ever played.

If I roll a Shammy, it will be out of reverence for my EQ main.  Although he was an Iksar so would need to find the next best thing.

Pet classes are a blastin games that do it right so I have high hopes for Pantheon. 

Definitely like the idea of the Rogue and/or any class with Feign Death.  I'd like to bea guy who gets a reputation for being able to drag corpses out of tough places to help people out.

so much fun to think about.  More later......

• 1584 posts
    April 26, 2017 10:35 AM PDT

urgatorbait said:

I am so excited for this game it's hard not to wet myself.  So fun thinking and planning what I will play, what the skill/spell lineups will be for each class, what the racial abilities will be and how that will shape my decisions on what race/class combos to play.

Having said that, the races I am really liking, based on appearance mainly, are the Dark Myr, Archai and Skar. 

For classes, I'm most interested in an Enchanter, Rogue, Summoner and Shaman.  I love playing crowd control, pet classes and stealthy classes.  

If Evasion as a game mechanic is done well (as opposed to armor and mitigation) then I would love to play a Monk. In so many games damage avoidance is a red-headed stepchild to damage reduction and classes like Monks and the EQ2 Bruiser get shafted.

I am slightly concerned that so many people have a desire to play crowd control classes from what I read here.  Hope it's not hard to get groups.  I played a Psionicist in VG and it was the most fun class in any game I've ever played.

If I roll a Shammy, it will be out of reverence for my EQ main.  Although he was an Iksar so would need to find the next best thing.

Pet classes are a blastin games that do it right so I have high hopes for Pantheon. 

Definitely like the idea of the Rogue and/or any class with Feign Death.  I'd like to bea guy who gets a reputation for being able to drag corpses out of tough places to help people out.

so much fun to think about.  More later......

Dont worry gator there will be plenty of every role i am positive of that, i could see maybe CC being near the population of tanks and healers, DPS usually always takes the cake and since there is like 5 DPS classes i don't see it being much different, in fact to be honest with there only 1 truly CC class you might be the rarest breed, maybe ot but it could happen.

• 93 posts
    April 26, 2017 10:45 AM PDT

I hope you're right, and you probably are.

• 93 posts
    April 26, 2017 10:47 AM PDT

I hope you're right, and you probably are.

sorry for double post.  Something weird keeps happening with some of my posts when I do it from my iPhone.  My original response had several more sentences after the first one above. But for some reason it doesn't show up when I submit. I even went back to edit and add it back in but still doesn't apply.  Oh well don't want to derail this thread with that nonsense just wanted to explain the double post.  Thanks.

This post was edited by urgatorbait at April 26, 2017 10:55 AM PDT
    • 63 posts
    April 26, 2017 10:51 AM PDT

Human male Warrior is my number one pick. Followed by Human female necromancer and Dwarf male cleric. Elf male bard and wizard if there is time.

• 40 posts
    April 26, 2017 11:40 AM PDT

Riahuf22 said:

Dont worry gator there will be plenty of every role i am positive of that, i could see maybe CC being near the population of tanks and healers, DPS usually always takes the cake and since there is like 5 DPS classes i don't see it being much different, in fact to be honest with there only 1 truly CC class you might be the rarest breed, maybe ot but it could happen.

I'm hoping for at least one other class whose main role is CC besides the enchanter.  It would be great if it was a melee-based class (looking at the monk), as that could provide a completely different play-style - CC through grappling/stuns/throws.  With CC being a necessary group role, restricting it to one class either forces 1/6th of the population to play that class, or ensures that a sizeable number of groups are going to be sitting around waiting for a member of that class.

• 57 posts
    April 26, 2017 12:25 PM PDT

snappa said:

I'm hoping for at least one other class whose main role is CC besides the enchanter.  It would be great if it was a melee-based class (looking at the monk), as that could provide a completely different play-style - CC through grappling/stuns/throws.  With CC being a necessary group role, restricting it to one class either forces 1/6th of the population to play that class, or ensures that a sizeable number of groups are going to be sitting around waiting for a member of that class.

Been a while since I played EverQuest, but didn't the Bard have a CC ability like a Enchanter. But yes if you where looking for a straight melee role for it then the bard wasn't that as it was a jack of all trades class.

• 93 posts
    April 26, 2017 2:46 PM PDT

snappa said:

Riahuf22 said:

I agree, Snappa, there should be at least one other class with some CC abilities.  And I think a melee option is a good idea.  Monk works for me and seems to fit thematically.

• 1584 posts
    April 26, 2017 5:15 PM PDT

snappa said:

Riahuf22 said:

There might be one in the future but i honestly doubt the monk will be it becuase that doesn't sound like what a monk would be a part of might get a stun timed stun or something sure i could see that but anything like the enchater is far fetched imho.  and it doesnt force 1/6 of the population to be enchanters for the mere fact you dont need 1/6 or your grp or raid to be enchnater granted seeing 6 enchanters in a raid or the like could be nice but honestly i find it over kill i could see maybe 2-4 enchanters being effeicent enough and im guaging this off of a 48 man raid.

• 208 posts
    April 26, 2017 7:18 PM PDT

Hmm to be honest a melee CC/Stunner to me would be either the Dire Lord with spells or the rogue with poisons and various immoblizing strikes of course that would require him to forget DPS and focus on CCing which would be a trade off and increase the popularity of a rogue. 

• 4 posts
    April 28, 2017 5:40 PM PDT

Riahuf22 said:

Dodger said:

1)Warrior

2)Cleric

3)Wizard

4)Enchanter

5)Rogue

6) ???

Be a shaman, they are normally always great at 2nd heaers to a cleric and ony get buffs and debuffs that they is personalize to them, granted a few might get intertwined with the enchanter maybe but the shaman would still have a very good outlook in that grp, if you feel like another class i would choose a druid still get the heals, lose the additional buffs (maybe), might gain a DS, gain an additional porter, and this could be handy for if there is somewhere the druid can port to that the wizard cant and vise versa.

• 4 posts
    April 28, 2017 5:46 PM PDT

Im leaning towards Druid. I played a druid in eq1, eq2 and vanguard... Ive always found them quite fun and I like being able

to play as a healer sometimes and at other times play dps.

• 1 posts
    April 29, 2017 11:26 AM PDT

Every time I start an MMO I have some grand idea of what I'll be. I say Gnome Enchanter now but... Honestly I could end up anything.

• 187 posts
    April 29, 2017 7:26 PM PDT

I think I'll really have to make my decision whenever all detailed class reveals are released (and depending on how they handle horizontal progression in terms of class specializations or alternate advancements), but let's just say I have a soft spot for Enchanters, non-Paladin hybrids, and Shamans. :D.

• 24 posts
    May 6, 2017 9:44 AM PDT

My heart and head are fighting about this every day. My heart says a Dark Myr Rogue or Elf Druid, my brain says an Archai Monk.

I've ALWAYS been a rogue, but I really don't like their limited role in EQ1, and since this game is intentionally being modelled after EQ1, I'm worried. I want a class than can solo decently well for when I don't have a lot of time, has good utility and shines for their role in the group, and can do cool things in the open world that keeps the game interesting even out of groups and combat. I REALLY don't like how bad Rogues are at soloing. That is my biggest issue with them above all else. They are too reliant on backstab. This could definitely change on Pantheon though, and my heart could then rest easy.

I have the same problem with picking Elf Druid. Elves have always been my favorite (other than drow/dark elves) and i love nature and animals myself so I enjoy the Druid class a lot. I really love Druids in EQ1 and i like how they can solo well and how the class plays, especially how viable they are in any situation, rather it's dps, cc, or heals... But their inability to stand out against other classes in groups really steers me away from them. In the end, their greatest strength is their greatest weakness, and it just isn't worth taking an all around mediocre class when you can take others who are better at their role.

So my mind tells me to play a monk. I can be DPS, I can have my role in the group to really shine and pull my own weight, and i can solo decently. I just dont particularly like the monk class, mainly because I wont have a super cool looking staff or daggers.

The thing is, right now I'm stuck picking a class based off of EQ1 mechanics, and this ISN'T EQ1. I won't be able to know for sure until the late stages of beta. I just really want to know now!