Forums » Pantheon Classes

What does your heart say to play at launch?

• 19 posts
    February 16, 2016 5:19 PM PST

Dwarf Cleric for me, was one in EQ1 and will continue in Pantheon!

• 40 posts
    February 22, 2016 10:33 PM PST

Something that heals well.  The specific class, we shall see based on the information we get over time, but I know I'll be heals for sure.  Right off the bat too - I've attempted to start other games as different types of classes, but have found that I always end up coming back to healing!

• 624 posts
    February 25, 2016 1:23 PM PST

Will likely play an "underdog" class if any survive beta.  I like the challenge of playing something most consider sub-par and finding odd ways to make it shine.

• 15 posts
    March 1, 2016 9:31 AM PST

Looking to get back to my Enchanter type class from EQ1. I hope they keep it similiar to how it was then!!! Or I will end up tanking or healing, never much for the heavy DPS class as most do that.

• 430 posts
    March 2, 2016 11:47 PM PST

I will play whatever class they are willing to let me alpha test :P

• 200 posts
    March 3, 2016 3:24 AM PST

High elf cleric is my preferred race/class combination. I alway played healers and mostly "beautiful" races. 

Greetings

• 15 posts
    March 13, 2016 4:19 PM PDT

99% certain I'll be going Summoner if it holds true to being a pet class and somewhat similar to an EQ1 mage. If it's not what I expected it to be, I'd actually like to try something new I typically don't play like a Shaman or Enchanter, but I'll absolutely be going caster in some form!

• 74 posts
    March 14, 2016 9:39 AM PDT

<-----------Gnome Enchanter, I find the new Gnome lore a refreshing take on the usually mechanized/trinket focused backstory

Was OP DPS in EQ2 as an illusionist

Was sad Rift made the Dominator useless

• 21 posts
    March 14, 2016 6:25 PM PDT

Elf for sure..really need more class info in VG was a Bloodmage.... Looking hard at rogue, and druid (pending what druid is like)

• 668 posts
    March 14, 2016 8:27 PM PDT

Really, really, really don't know what I would play yet...  I am hoping this becomes clearer down the road as we start to see what races play what class, and what classes are capable of doing!

• 211 posts
    March 14, 2016 9:30 PM PDT

Man, I really don't know right now either. I'll probably have to look through each classes spells and skills to see exactly what they'll be able to do even though I have a decent idea now, I'll want to see detailed abilities.

• 366 posts
    March 15, 2016 4:47 AM PDT

AgentGenX said:

Man, I really don't know right now either. I'll probably have to look through each classes spells and skills to see exactly what they'll be able to do even though I have a decent idea now, I'll want to see detailed abilities.

I am in the same boat AgentX.

• 95 posts
    March 15, 2016 9:09 AM PDT

Utility - It is just too tied to my playstyle to want to be able to have an answer to what the game throws at you. Not necessarily the best answer, but an answer. EQ took me down the path of Druid and then Berserker when I came back to the game. WoW this was a paladin. 

What this will be in Pantheon, just too early to know for sure. I might get latched on to a race that pushes me one way or another. 

• 12 posts
    March 15, 2016 10:20 AM PDT

I always tell myself that I am going to do something different than I have in every other game.

I never do.

I make all of my toons right up front, various race / class mixes.

Play them until I am conviced that I understand the class.

Move on.

I almost always end up playing the Rogue or Warrior until end game.

• 28 posts
    March 15, 2016 2:32 PM PDT

Rolled an enchanter 16 years ago and have every intention of doing so again - particularly as a dark myr. Not quite as perfect a 'siren' as rolling a bard, but certainly fits the type.

• 220 posts
    March 16, 2016 5:54 PM PDT

Halfling crusader!  I may settle for halfling warrior, tho.  Second choice in Anything enchanter; darkmyr maybe.  There are tons of possibilities, and nothing is in place yet! 

• 116 posts
    March 17, 2016 8:39 AM PDT

Cleric, always a cleric :)

That and a Necro alt...  at least assuming they have a necro at some point.  Otherwise not sure what my alt will be.

• 93 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:41 PM PDT

Halfling

Warrior

This post was edited by halflingwarrior at March 17, 2016 3:52 PM PDT
    • 93 posts
    March 17, 2016 3:49 PM PDT

Apologies for the double post error. 

This post was edited by halflingwarrior at March 17, 2016 3:52 PM PDT
    • 176 posts
    March 17, 2016 6:02 PM PDT

No Iksar =( Oh how I loved swimming through my home city of Cabilis.

Something else Warrior then. For now I will assume Ogre for stun resist if said stun resist exists.

This post was edited by Jamie at March 17, 2016 6:02 PM PDT
    • 219 posts
    March 17, 2016 6:18 PM PDT

I will be playing Pyde Pyper the Bard of course....... Oh wait.... at launch... Hmmmm. No idea since Bard wont be there /cry

This post was edited by Pyde at March 17, 2016 6:18 PM PDT
    • 124 posts
    March 18, 2016 9:23 AM PDT

I tend to tryout every class at some point and see what fits me, have never been one to choose just one arraignment and stick with it. I play the character until I either get bored or want to go back playing a different one and sometimes I chose to stick to one, but most times I play various characters :)

I do enjoy playing all roles, each for uniqueness and strategy.

edit: ...though I am digging the Dire Lord a little :0

This post was edited by Nuemcy at March 18, 2016 10:53 AM PDT
    • 63 posts
    March 18, 2016 12:16 PM PDT

I want to play something with a high skill cap that has the potential to really impact my group's success if played well, with the ability to pull some tricks solo too.

This made me think bard, but since that isn't an option, my gut is saying Halfling Summoner. We will see what abilities the classes will have as we approach release.

• 180 posts
    March 18, 2016 9:50 PM PDT

I'm not sure yet.  I'll probably play something to compliment whatever classes my friends play.  I played a paladin in EQ but I'm a little tired of that class.

• 1468 posts
    March 19, 2016 3:25 AM PDT

I'm highly tempted by both the Dire Lord and the Ranger. The Ranger because it was my first EQ main and the Dire Lord because it sounds like it has a few features that are similar to necros (which was my second EQ main).

Of course once we start playing I might go for something complete different such as the cleric. Never really played a healer and that could be interesting.