Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Ending the end game

• 3237 posts
    May 30, 2017 2:04 PM PDT

Iksar said:

oneADseven said: Some people do enjoy competition though and I am really happy to know that VR is aware of that and will be creating content with longer respawn timers for guilds to compete for. I don't like casual raids but I have no issue with them being implemented for people who do.

Not sure what accessible has to do with casual, but do you have a source for long respawn timers?

It's been stated many times that there will be something for everyone when it comes to the raid scene, including the "uber guild gatekeepers" that you despise so much.  We will be racing to lock down spawns just as we have in every other open-world non-instanced MMO to date.  I understand that you don't care for that kind of content but thankfully there will be more "accessible" content made specifically for you and the other players who don't want to compete.

This post was edited by oneADseven at May 30, 2017 2:07 PM PDT
    • 73 posts
    June 1, 2017 2:32 PM PDT

I've loved everyone's passion so far, but it would be helpful to these discussions not to speak with derision of other playstyles.  We can only know what we do or don't want in game and champion it.  I haven't seen a single person on this 8 page thread convince anyone else of anything -- speaking your mind/opinion on the OP's topic is as much as we can do because this isn't a debatable topic anymore.  It's just what you(all) or I would want to see implemented.

It's obvious the OP wants the Devs to implement a much more traditional raiding scene, and some people are in favor, some aren't.  Let's focus on what we want from the game, but not malign each other with passive aggressive language.

R/

Zain

• 578 posts
    June 1, 2017 9:25 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

NoobieDoo said:

I've raided pretty heavily in VG and I don't remember any 'ghost' versions of raid bosses. I quit before some of the very final content was released so maybe it was part of that content but I don't remember any ghost versions of APW bosses or Griffon questline bosses or POTA or SoD or stuff around that era.

If you killed a raid mob in VG they either didn;t respawn for a while or respawned within a certain time (sometimes instantly) and were translucent, non-aggro and unattackable, you were locked out for usually 7 days from killing them again, solving the camping problem and allowing lots of other guilds to have a go, while the guild who killed it moved on to other targets, for this to work however there needs to be enough raid content and targets to fill a guild roster for the week, which is something we are aware of as we have many raiders on the team from hardcore to casual. :)

Ahh, I know what you are talking about now. I don't know why I was thinking what I was thinking but I was way off lol. Some of the reason I was confused was becuase I've rarely been back to a boss before my timer was up so I haven't really seen many bosses in their ghost version. But now I'm remembering.

• 578 posts
    June 1, 2017 9:42 PM PDT

Zain60 said:

I've loved everyone's passion so far, but it would be helpful to these discussions not to speak with derision of other playstyles.  We can only know what we do or don't want in game and champion it.  I haven't seen a single person on this 8 page thread convince anyone else of anything -- speaking your mind/opinion on the OP's topic is as much as we can do because this isn't a debatable topic anymore.  It's just what you(all) or I would want to see implemented.

It's obvious the OP wants the Devs to implement a much more traditional raiding scene, and some people are in favor, some aren't.  Let's focus on what we want from the game, but not malign each other with passive aggressive language.

R/

Zain

This is actually one of the more friendlier discussions on these forums lol ;P But I agree, sometimes some people take things way too personal here. Often times people are simply giving their opinion on something yet others feel they have to prove these opinions wrong. And people seem to forget that opinions are just that and aren't right or wrong.

And just a quick correction, I started this thread and actually want sort of a LESS traditional raiding scene. I wouldn't mind a traditional scene and if Pantheon has one then I will be raiding just like I have in other MMOs. But I would like to see a different take is all. And I'm really intrigued of what VRi is going to do. Kilsin said somewhere that they are planning on breaking the mould on raiding or something to that extent.B

• 73 posts
    June 2, 2017 3:56 PM PDT

That's my mistake, Noobie, I forgot it was your thread and was remembering something else! 

Absolutely, nothing's been nasty but after 8 pages I was noticing a certain passive aggressive tenor that wasn't helping.  I'm guilty too, because people are trying to convince each other one style or another is more important and the devs should do this or that.  We just have to take a step back and understand sometimes our beloved vision for this game isn't everyone's.  Even mine.  So far, this community has been so respectful, so awesome, I don't want to see it get derisive over how someone enjoys the game.  Like "you can go smell flowers while we REALLY play the game, if that's what you want."

Back on topic:  I'm not sure about the hyper/ghost thing, but I certainly think it sounds like the devs have plans to reduce the camping of mobs to the point they aren't even accessible to anyone but 1-2 guilds.  My personal schtick is more in line with finding creative ways to involve multi-group content that doesn't require raid organization on a vast scale and trying to emphasize cooperation amongst groups for social reasons.  I'm hoping beyond hope we see something like that.

R/

Zain

• 85 posts
    June 2, 2017 4:00 PM PDT

I like turtles...

• 2130 posts
    June 2, 2017 4:01 PM PDT

Azraell said:

I like turtles...

Sparkles?

• 9115 posts
    June 2, 2017 6:57 PM PDT

Liav said:

Azraell said:

I like turtles...

Sparkles?

Yeah, Az would be referring to Sparkles lol

• 432 posts
    June 4, 2017 8:20 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Liav said:

Azraell said:

I like turtles...

Sparkles?

Yeah, Az would be referring to Sparkles lol

*lurks wide eyed at the mention of Turtles*

@_@

-Todd

• 26 posts
    June 4, 2017 9:02 PM PDT
    I totally agree that the end game should be turtles.
    • 279 posts
    June 5, 2017 4:56 PM PDT

The end game should take place on a Zaratan (DND creature, giant turtle with an island on its back)