Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What will you play now?

• 1 posts
    February 8, 2017 9:12 AM PST
    I will be playing a Human Paladin. I've always loved the concept of Paladins, and calling them Crusaders makes it somehow different. Two thumbs up for bringing back the Paladin name!
    • 5 posts
    February 8, 2017 9:19 AM PST

kaifus said:

No clue at this point.  Need to see more mechanics (hint, hint) :)

Same here. Waiting to see the racial bonuses before deciding.

• 2886 posts
    February 8, 2017 9:48 AM PST

UnknownQuantity said:

Dravid said:

OMGWTFBBQ. No Elf Healadin? 

It depends on the lore of the game.  In old school D&D only Humans could be Paladins.  It didn't fit with the lore of the other races.  I know High Elves could be Paladins in EQ, but I think the only others were Erudites and Humans.  I personally prefer the Paladin class being restricted to humans.  It gives them something unique.  It seems a bit odd for Elves to be worshipping a religious deity.  In most lore, Elves worship nature and gain their magic from it.

Not quite lol. Dwarves, Half-Elves, Halflings, Gnomes, Frogloks (when they were added in LoY), and Drakkin (when they were added in TSS) could also be Paladins in EQ. But you're right, the important thing is to consider the lore of Pantheon. Other games are irrelevant. It must be that Terminus elves do not have an organized religion and therefore do not have Clerics or Paladins. As you said, perhaps they worship nature itself and don't have an actual god. That would make sense.

• 62 posts
    February 8, 2017 12:04 PM PST

Human Ranger or Human Rogue. But i lean towards human Ranger.

• 168 posts
    February 8, 2017 2:01 PM PST

Azotate said:

Alpha is for trying many different combos.   I was hoping for another Paladin option, but will lean toward Human.  Archai wizard, Halfling druid, and Gnome necro for alts subject to change based on how classes develop.

I totally agree, I can't wait for alpha to open up so I can try all race/combos out. I am very aloof when it comes to characters. I love playing them all as they all have their own uniqueness to them. it takes me forever to reach max level because I end up grouping with a class I'm curious about. So, I make an alt! and learn everything there is to know about that class. Eventually when I am suffenciently knowledged in all the classes I pick the one I like most and play it. 

To start though, I will either make a Dark Myr Monk or Ogre Shaman

• 35 posts
    February 8, 2017 2:34 PM PST

One of everything, more character slots please!

• 157 posts
    February 8, 2017 3:14 PM PST

I'm an Alt-o-holic .. I'll play any/everything, but to start out on pre-alpha day 1, I'm looking at a Halfling Ranger.

Other notables I'll be rolling (in no particular order) is Human Cleric, Ogre Druid, Archai Wizard, and Gnome Enchanter.

Hopefully by the end of testing, I'll know every starting city and how to get to all of them from all of the others as fast as I can to be able to meet up, group up, etc. when release finally hits. This was NOT the case in EQ, and stumbled a lot in the early days trying to travel / meet friends. So I'll try to roll at least one of every race with unique starting points, even if I have to delete toons to make room to do so.

This post was edited by Lokispawn at February 8, 2017 3:23 PM PST
    • 595 posts
    February 8, 2017 3:26 PM PST

Lokispawn said:

I'm an Alt-o-holic .. I'll play any/everything, but to start out on pre-alpha day 1, I'm looking at a Halfling Ranger.

Other notables I'll be rolling (in no particular order) is Human Cleric, Ogre Druid, Archai Wizard, and Gnome Enchanter.

I would say there is some non 0% chance that we are not allowed free run on the class/race combos throughout pre-alpha and alpha (at least in the earliest phases), even amongst the classes VR have officially spoiled.  I would guess that much of the early testing phases will see us playing specific class/race/content based on their needs.  But we shall see.

On a side note, I approve of your Alex Grey artwork avatar ;)

• 393 posts
    February 8, 2017 3:58 PM PST

Nikademis said:

Lokispawn said:

I would say there is some non 0% chance that we are not allowed free run on the class/race combos throughout pre-alpha and alpha (at least in the earliest phases), even amongst the classes VR have officially spoiled.  I would guess that much of the early testing phases will see us playing specific class/race/content based on their needs.  But we shall see.

This makes sense of course. More likely to see it in Beta methinks. But there's nothing wrong with dreaming.

• 7 posts
    February 8, 2017 7:16 PM PST

Im leaning to either a Elven Shaman or a Dark Myrn Summoner

• 157 posts
    February 8, 2017 8:23 PM PST

Nikademis said:

Ahh, indeed. Restrictions notwithstanding.

Obviously if we're lead to certain areas / races / classes they want tested first in early phases, then that's where I (we) will go.

But by the end of all testing, I'm sure I will have tried every class and every race available, which I'm sure will influence my release day decisions far more than seeing this race / class combo chart.

• 200 posts
    February 9, 2017 8:39 AM PST
    No elven clerics...?! Oh noes! My hopes and dreams crushed! *sobs*

• 180 posts
    February 9, 2017 10:02 AM PST

Thanks for not copying EverQuest.

• 4 posts
    February 9, 2017 6:07 PM PST

Some type of Monk.   Not sure on the race but I'll definitely be starting with a Monk.   At some point I'll just have to have a Gnome something or other because I love the concept behind them.

• 2419 posts
    February 9, 2017 6:12 PM PST

Well, during Alpha I'll carefully examine both the Ogre and Elf to see which I prefer as Shaman.

• 120 posts
    February 9, 2017 6:21 PM PST

Something warrior. From my understanding warrior doesn't seem like it is going to be as bland here as it was in EQ. I love to play tanks (more so warrior type tanks, unless Paladin is the only tank in X mmo). That being said, my other love is magician type classes. I always loved magician. Everything about it. Not just because people always assumed it was OP (I always felt this was false, just felt it was not as gear reliant), but I love being able to play a job that prioritizing pets. Something relaxing and fun about it. Especially with pet toys.

Ultimately though I'm hoping to become so engrossed into this game I would like to play everything and keep it up to day. We will see how well this actually goes.

• 690 posts
    February 10, 2017 1:58 AM PST

Halfling enchanter is almost guaranteed for me, atleast until I get a better idea of what an enchanter in pantheon will be. small hippie punk with illusions/charms/mezzes? that just sounds fun=)

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at February 10, 2017 1:58 AM PST
    • 157 posts
    February 10, 2017 7:51 AM PST

BeaverBiscuit said:

Halfling enchanter is almost guaranteed for me, atleast until I get a better idea of what an enchanter in pantheon will be. small hippie punk with illusions/charms/mezzes? that just sounds fun=)

Check that chart again! No Halfling Chanters currently, though that would be a new sight to see. Kinda like the Ogre Druids.

• 690 posts
    February 10, 2017 4:58 PM PST

Lokispawn said:

BeaverBiscuit said:

Check that chart again! No Halfling Chanters currently, though that would be a new sight to see. Kinda like the Ogre Druids.

The actual post has a new, revised, chart with a few changes, you should check it out good sir!=)

• 142 posts
    February 10, 2017 5:05 PM PST

BeaverBiscuit said:

Lokispawn said:

BeaverBiscuit said:

The actual post has a new, revised, chart with a few changes, you should check it out good sir!=)

Where is this revised chart you're referring to?  The charts at the tops of both Class/race threads don't show Halfling Enchanter as a choice.

I'm intrigued

• 194 posts
    February 10, 2017 5:05 PM PST

BeaverBiscuit said:

Lokispawn said:

BeaverBiscuit said:

I think you may be refering to the chart made by Tehtawd.  If so, he just Photoshopped that in there, it's not a real chart.

• 9115 posts
    February 10, 2017 5:09 PM PST

Elrandir said:

BeaverBiscuit said:

Lokispawn said:

BeaverBiscuit said:

I think you may be refering to the chart made by Tehtawd.  If so, he just Photoshopped that in there, it's not a real chart.

Exactly, the only Class/Race combo to pay attention to is the official one I included in my OP of this thread :)

• 393 posts
    February 10, 2017 5:17 PM PST

Elrandir said:

BeaverBiscuit said:

Lokispawn said:

BeaverBiscuit said:

LOL. I was frantically searching around the website looking for the updated version and finding none. No wonder. ;D

• 668 posts
    February 10, 2017 5:37 PM PST
    Sorry Kilsin, I have been wracking my brain over this one and it will most likely be decided after testing depending on how the class plays.
    Right now I am most likely going to play an enchanter. It was a class I excelled at in EQ and it was amazing. I absolutely love the look of the Dark Myr but the Gnome screams enchanter to me! It will be one of those...
    • 3 posts
    February 10, 2017 10:40 PM PST

I'm leaning towards Ranger at the moment, though Bard sounds great as well. But this could all change tomorrow :)