Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What will you play now?

• 99 posts
    February 11, 2017 6:55 AM PST

Gnome for sure necro wiz or enchanter unsure.

• 97 posts
    February 11, 2017 8:02 AM PST

I will definately have a dwarf paladin and a human cleric.  Those are only 2 toons that have predetermined races.   My gf tends to play only elves, so I will have to play human or elf; possibly halfling but that looks like a long journey by foot.  I also don't know where dwarves, archai, and gnomes start until they update map, so I may play one of those as well.   I will eventually try most classes and all races though.

I may go a warrior as well.  I leveled one in VG the last few months of that game and it was a blast. 

This post was edited by Gragorie at February 11, 2017 8:12 AM PST
    • 17 posts
    February 11, 2017 8:22 AM PST

Same, I will eventually play everything, might start with a pet class. I'm assuming the classes will be as fun as EQ and VanGuard that made me want to play every single class. We'll see!

• 19 posts
    February 11, 2017 2:33 PM PST

Main will be a tank class to complement whatever healer my wife chooses. I used to play healing classes until we met, so my alt will probably be a shaman or Druid. 

• 144 posts
    February 12, 2017 3:10 PM PST

This is really tough, especialy without knowing racial bonuses/minuses

Going with strictly "for fun/immersion" though, and not knowing anything about min/max etc? These combos have my interest:

Dark Myr Summoner

Dwarven Cleric

Gnome Enchanter

Halfling Ranger

Archai Wizard

and of course Elven Shaman, and Ogre Druid have to happen.

Still, there are so many interesting combinations

-Edit- What will I main?

Dark Myr Summoner for sure will be my primary main, and I'll have time for a second main, but that combination is still up in the air

This post was edited by Portalgun at February 12, 2017 3:12 PM PST
    • 279 posts
    February 12, 2017 4:49 PM PST
    Regrettably Human Paladin

WTB more racial choices
    • 2886 posts
    February 12, 2017 4:51 PM PST

Portalgun said:

Dark Myr Summoner for sure will be my primary main, and I'll have time for a second main, but that combination is still up in the air

Wait, what's a second main? lol wouldn't that just be an alt? Primary main sounds redundant :P

• 441 posts
    February 12, 2017 4:59 PM PST
    Elf WarWizzard, I'm gonna rule Terminus with an iron fist.
    • 97 posts
    February 12, 2017 5:20 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Portalgun said:

Wait, what's a second main? lol wouldn't that just be an alt? Primary main sounds redundant :P

If you raid with multiple guilds you could have multiple raid mains.  I think I raided in pugs or with old friends more then I did with my own guild sometimes. 

This post was edited by Gragorie at February 12, 2017 5:21 PM PST
    • 690 posts
    February 12, 2017 7:09 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Exactly, the only Class/Race combo to pay attention to is the official one I included in my OP of this thread :)

I am greatly saddened, halfling enchanter seemed like such a good fit for me, hoping for an update now haha. 

• 9115 posts
    February 12, 2017 10:09 PM PST

BeaverBiscuit said:

Kilsin said:

Exactly, the only Class/Race combo to pay attention to is the official one I included in my OP of this thread :)

I am greatly saddened, halfling enchanter seemed like such a good fit for me, hoping for an update now haha. 

It is very unlikely man, I would suggest picking something else as these are the class/race combos that best suit our game, our lore and our vision :)

• 31 posts
    February 12, 2017 11:41 PM PST

I hate to be the downer in this thread but I'm seriously disappointed in the few choices available for clerics.  I hate dwarves, humans are meh, and I'm not tempted by the Dark Myr either.  I know this is shallow but I'm starting to regret pledging.

• 7 posts
    February 13, 2017 12:50 AM PST

Before I answer, I have a question. Is PLD the only tank class? I tend to favor damage, but most games have very few tank options and I have found myself choosing scarce jobs to create demand for my presence. With that said, I'll probably pick PLD or a support class. 

A second question, will you have race bonuses that apply to the selected job? For instance, since humans can be anything I would expect a very even stat line slightly or even greatly below that of the other classes. Can you speak to the magnitude of those nuances at all?

This post was edited by Natrix at February 13, 2017 12:53 AM PST
    • 332 posts
    February 13, 2017 1:33 AM PST

You are a XI player :)

There are from my understanding 3 jobs as you are thinking that fill the tank role. These are Warrior , Paladin and Dire Lord from what we know so far.

Answer number 2. We still do not have answers on racial bonus / modifiers as of yet.

• 9115 posts
    February 13, 2017 2:01 AM PST

Xxar said:

You are a XI player :)

There are from my understanding 3 jobs as you are thinking that fill the tank role. These are Warrior , Paladin and Dire Lord from what we know so far.

Answer number 2. We still do not have answers on racial bonus / modifiers as of yet.

Correct, thank you :)

We will release more on racial bonuses, stats and classes as development progresses but for now, we are focussing on getting the game ready for our next stream and then into testing.

• 3 posts
    February 13, 2017 8:31 AM PST

Really had my mind set on a Dwarf Shammy.  :(  Guess I'll need to rethink that.  :)

• 205 posts
    February 15, 2017 8:09 PM PST
    A Dwarven something (most likely a cleric) .... love being short and spunky.
    • 801 posts
    February 15, 2017 8:37 PM PST

Gnome Summoner FTW!!

Team Crazzie is back... oh wait that was 12 accounts, i am broke now... me needs to trade you all phat lootz

• 668 posts
    February 19, 2017 9:42 AM PST

OH MY...

Logging on to my Private Minecraft server today...  I feel like doing some digging/killing/building for a few weeks :)

Anyone else care for Minecraft?

• 10 posts
    February 19, 2017 10:23 AM PST

I have 3 that I am going with right now. I need to see more before I decide which one I will start the game with.

Human - Paladin

Dark Myr - Druid

Halfling - Ranger

• 399 posts
    February 19, 2017 12:24 PM PST

I think

Dark Myr or Elf Druid

Dark Myr Cleric

• 59 posts
    February 19, 2017 12:48 PM PST

Dark myr Dire lord is the class i think i will enjoy but i have to test out more races/classes to see what i like the best!

• 70 posts
    February 19, 2017 8:48 PM PST

Leaning towards Ogre Shaman.

• 213 posts
    February 20, 2017 9:40 AM PST

Actually, 

I plan to try them all out especially durring testing.  I want to know how well they are balanced and which classes stand out.

I also want to know which classes will be the most sought after.  I have always liked playing healers because I thrive in support roles but I also like the sound of the Summoner, Druid, and Shaman.

• 595 posts
    February 20, 2017 9:46 AM PST

Gamerchick said:

I have always liked playing healers because I thrive in support roles but I also like the sound of the Summoner, Druid, and Shaman.

Well then you're in luck!  The Shaman, and likely the Druid, will have the ability to heal to some degree.