Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What will you play now?

• 9115 posts
    February 6, 2017 4:01 AM PST

So, now that we have released the Class/Race Combination Chart, what do you think you will play as your main character when Pantheon launches?

ClassRacechart4.jpg

• 69 posts
    February 6, 2017 4:19 AM PST

Lol no gnomish monks?  Always wanted to play one since reading WTF comics.  Was a comic based on the Everquest world.  Talented guy.

• 151 posts
    February 6, 2017 4:52 AM PST
    Probably Human Warrior so that no matter what my wifey picks we can play together.
    • 2886 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:10 AM PST

Dwarf Cleric, just as I've always planned. Had to adjust a couple minor alts, but no biggie.

• 38 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:26 AM PST
    I'll probably change my mind a dozen times between now and launch. Definitely a druid, maybe elf or halfling. First alt (proginy maybe?) a Human or Archai monk.
    • 25 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:28 AM PST

Longshanks will be my long lost love...elf enchanter ,and i will also play a human cleric loved them in eq1 ..liked the psyn in vanguard but didnt have that enchanter feel, like i did in Ldon in the guck runs i would own the rooms mezz and line them up ..

Longshanks the King of England !!!!

• 9115 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:29 AM PST

Radamus said:

Lol no gnomish monks?  Always wanted to play one since reading WTF comics.  Was a comic based on the Everquest world.  Talented guy.

You may have noticed our Gnomes are slightly different, they don't tank well or link being in too close combat ;)

• 9115 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:31 AM PST

Maximis said: Probably Human Warrior so that no matter what my wifey picks we can play together.

Nice :)

• 9115 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:31 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

Dwarf Cleric, just as I've always planned. Had to adjust a couple minor alts, but no biggie.

Nice, Dwarves are fun :)

• 200 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:33 AM PST

Gnome Rogue possibly halfling rogue is my usual go to. 

However, given the larger focus on CC and seeing how easy it is to just pile on so many mobs that will potentially ruin your day, I was debating an Enchanter of either Gnomish or Elven decent...Or if there is a secondary/bandaid CC class I may find that nice as well.

• 409 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:37 AM PST

Halfling/Elf/Dark Myr - rogue :P I'll pick on the day.

• 84 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:39 AM PST

Loved my Tunare aligned wood-elf druid in EQ, so I am leaning towards an Elf Druid.  But subject to change as Pantheon continues to be developed.

• 120 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:44 AM PST

Been torn between an Elven Enchanter or an Elven Druid, and since both of those options are available, it will utlimately come down to how I enjoy the classes as they're presented in Pantheon. I've always been a primary healer in previous MMOs, and the last few years I've found myself less interested in the "pure healer" Cleric/Priest/White Mage and more interested in the more flexible healer archetypes such as Druid or Shaman. My character's backstory (hardcore Roleplayer here) can conceivably work with either Druid or Enchanter, too! Just all depends on how fun Enchanter ends up being, as I'm very worried it will be a micro game of debuffing and mezzing, which has historically not been fun for me. I've never much enjoyed the DoT classes where you're just continuously tabbing through targets ensuring your DoTs are up on all of them.

• 422 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:53 AM PST

Halfling Ranger.... SOOOOO happy the Halfling can be a Ranger.

• 142 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:53 AM PST

Without a doubt, I will roll an Ogre Druid. Such a unique combo has to be played!

• 78 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:57 AM PST

Elf and/or Gnomes should be able to be Paladins and Clerics :(

We definitely need more Clerics races VR!!

I will be playing Dark Myr Dire Lord all the way baby. :)

• 9115 posts
    February 6, 2017 6:02 AM PST

There are some awesome combos here, you folks are giving me good ideas for alts, keep them coming :)

• 112 posts
    February 6, 2017 6:03 AM PST

Alpha is for trying many different combos.   I was hoping for another Paladin option, but will lean toward Human.  Archai wizard, Halfling druid, and Gnome necro for alts subject to change based on how classes develop.

• 318 posts
    February 6, 2017 6:14 AM PST

I'm glad Humans can play all of the classes. I always played as a Human in EQ1 and VG.

I will play either a Human Ranger as my main and a Human Cleric as an alt.

• 52 posts
    February 6, 2017 6:26 AM PST

Dwarf Paladin I love the utility of the Paladin class. Being able to flex around the fight to make sure people stay alive.

I read the lore last night and the Dwarves sound perfect to me. Their view on life, how they live, being in a snowy area. Plus smithing and working with your hands in general.

I hope we see some runes make it into Dwarven lore as well, even if they aren't part of combat spells. It would be cool if Dwarven root required breaking a stone rune causing your opponent's feet to be held in a chunk of stone for the duration of the spell. Stuff like that.

This post was edited by Ruar at February 6, 2017 6:38 AM PST
    • 2886 posts
    February 6, 2017 6:33 AM PST

Kilsin said:

There are some awesome combos here, you folks are giving me good ideas for alts, keep them coming :)

Well for what it's worth, my alts will (most likely) be as follows:

Ogre Warrior
    Human Monk
    Skar Rogue
    Elf Enchanter
    Halfling Druid
    Dark Myr Wizard
    Archai Shaman
    Gnome Summoner

And when Bards are released, mine with either be a Halfling or Dark Myr, we'll have to see...

Contrary to how it may seem, I don't consider myself to be an altoholic lol. I'd much rather specialize in one thing and make that character the best it can be. But of course every once in a while, I just need a little break, so I like to have a wide variety of options on my character select screen haha.

• 626 posts
    February 6, 2017 6:50 AM PST

Ya, I'm really not sure myself. Honestly, we don't have really any information on that classes themselves, so hard to say at this point. 

Edit: Although I will say this does help with some combo's I was looking at :) - Gnome Wizard, Halfling/Elf Ranger, Gnome Necro - top three picks for me so far without knowing anything about those classes abilities, and playstyles. 

This post was edited by Reignborn at February 6, 2017 6:56 AM PST
    • 89 posts
    February 6, 2017 7:08 AM PST

Elf Summoner!

Kinda surprised to see there are no Elven Clerics.

This post was edited by ArchMageSalamar at February 6, 2017 7:09 AM PST
    • 41 posts
    February 6, 2017 7:15 AM PST

No clue at this point.  Need to see more mechanics (hint, hint) :)

• 556 posts
    February 6, 2017 7:17 AM PST

I am still torn. Won't be making this decision for real until Beta probably. Have my combos to decide from though.

Skar Monk
    Dwarf Cleric
    Dark Myr Enchanter
    Gnome Wizard
    Ogre Warrior

But who knows! I could end up an Archai Shaman for all I know as of now. Depends on how the classes end up!