Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What will you play now?

• 2752 posts
    February 6, 2017 10:47 AM PST

Katalyzt said:

I'm inclined to say a Ogre Dire Lord, but that's based on having very little knowledge of what a DL will be, exactly. I'm fairly certain they will be evil-ish tanks, but at this point that is purly conjecture. I've heard they're specifically NOT ShadowKnights, but I have no clue what that means. The SK was one of my favorite classes in EQ, so I'm trying to get somewhere close to that once again. I'd be excited to see feign death, lifetaps, skelle pet, and maybe a little harm touch, but we'll see; the one thing I gather from the class description is there will likely be fear for the DL class.

I believe I read they said it was more of a cross between the EQ Shadowknight and the VG Dread Knight. 

• 2886 posts

Wellspring said:

ArchMageSalamar said:

Elf Summoner!

Kinda surprised to see there are no Elven Clerics.

Yeah that is surprising now that you mention it. You'd think they'd have Elf Clerics and no Elf Shamans, like EQ. 

Currently, shamans have 5 race options and Clerics only have 3. 

"Like EQ" is not a real justification.

I'm not a lore freak, but with the state of development we're in, I still believe it's the best place to go when determining whether the race/class restrictions are logical. It is puzzling when considering the lore for the Elves that we've been provided. There must be some sort of reason they haven't disclosed yet.

• 65 posts
    Dwarven Enchanter...was going to go gnome cuz they look awesome, may even still. But leaning dwarf right now because dwarves are a favorite race yet one I rarely play as they are usually cast in the tanky/healy role (cleric, warrior, pally) and I don't enjoy healing (and if I'm tanking it's with an sk/dk type). Thanks for giving them a spellslinger this time around :)
    • 38 posts
    February 6, 2017 10:56 AM PST

I think most likely I will play a Dwarf Cleric untiil Bard comes out..

• 200 posts
    February 6, 2017 11:04 AM PST

I like it that there are a few of cleric races. I will pick a darkmyr cleric and i will get instant group invites. But i don't understand why no elf clerics? 

Greetings

• 121 posts
    February 6, 2017 11:22 AM PST
    I have no clue what I'll main yet. I'll need to check out the classes in alpha and beta then I'll figure out my race from there.
    • 19 posts
    February 6, 2017 11:30 AM PST

Considering I will likely play with my wife and she likes to play the smashy smashy types and is playing around with a Shadowknight in EQ2 right now, I will probably end up playing  a support type, most likely a dark myr cleric, or if she goes light, a dwarf cleric lol.

• 1618 posts
    February 6, 2017 12:19 PM PST

I am considering changing from the traditional Ogre a Dire Lord to the Dark Myr Direlord. Might be unique.

Of course, I may have to save the Dark Myr for my Necromancer. I don't like to play the same race twice.

Right now, I will do the following in order:

Dire Lord - Ogre or Dark Myr

Enchanter - Gnome or Dwarf

Necromancer - Human or Dark Myr

• 3237 posts
    February 6, 2017 1:49 PM PST

Ogre Warrior.  Would roll Symbiote as an alt if they run with the idea.  Posted it under secret class subforum.  =D

• 106 posts
    February 6, 2017 2:12 PM PST

Main Char will be Human Monk, which unless yall threw a serious curveball was my intention all along.  Also looking at a halfling ranger or rogue, Dark Myr Dire Lord , and maybe an Archai Monk depending on how much specialization/differentiation is available  for the classes.

• 393 posts
    February 6, 2017 3:03 PM PST

Well this is interesting;

Warriors, Rogues, Druid, and Bards have the greatest race options.

Paladin, Cleric, and Ranger have the fewest.

Interesting combos: Ogre Druid and Elven Shaman.

Leaning toward a Human Druid.

• 2138 posts
    February 6, 2017 3:57 PM PST

Well, I have played a back-seat, ingratiating (one from whom favors are promised), caster. I may try a Paladin (one to whom favors are owed). 

• 142 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:05 PM PST

I'm attracted to Tanking in MMO's so my thoughts are, Ogre Dire Lord, Halfling Warrior and Dwarf Paladin. I'll play each combo during testing to get a feel for which class I enjoy the most.

I definitely want to play a Tank class so it will be interesting to see how each one plays. It's exciting!

• 107 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:17 PM PST

Will be dependant on racial abilities.

• 156 posts
    February 6, 2017 5:28 PM PST

Ogre Dire Lord and Fling Rogue

• 839 posts
    February 6, 2017 6:10 PM PST

Elven Enchanter as i hoped!! :)

• 10 posts
    February 6, 2017 7:17 PM PST

I will most likely play a Dwarven Cleric as my main but will try the shaman out for sure. Just not sure which race on the shaman atm.

• 780 posts
    February 6, 2017 7:30 PM PST

kaifus said:

No clue at this point.  Need to see more mechanics (hint, hint) :)

Yup.  Definitely no way to decide at this juncture.  If they play like EverQuest versions, I have it down to a Human Druid or a Human Enchanter.

• 8 posts
    February 6, 2017 7:50 PM PST

It was a no brainer for me as i knew i'd be a Cleric, just depended what races were available so now i know 100% i'll be a Dark Myr Cleric

• 643 posts
    February 6, 2017 7:54 PM PST

Kilsin said:

There are some awesome combos here, you folks are giving me good ideas for alts, keep them coming :)

Halfling Enchannters - 

They are trapped in an illusion.  They are charming and beguiling.  Everythnig about them screams "enchanter"

If that doesn't come out, then probably a halfling bard or druid.

• 208 posts
    February 6, 2017 7:57 PM PST

I'm leaning towards Gnome Enchanter if Bards don't make release. Archai Bard if so.

• 595 posts
    February 6, 2017 8:23 PM PST

Bluefyre said:

I'm leaning towards Gnome Enchanter if Bards don't make release. Archai Bard if so.

@Bluefrye I'm leaning toward rolling a War Princess named Blataria.  You with me???

ATTAAAAAAAAAAACK!

• 169 posts
    February 6, 2017 8:49 PM PST
    Since there are no large humanoid races, ill prob go with human warrior. I wanted to do a caster class but im not looking forward to being oom every 2 or 3 pulls...if they change mana regen rates so i wont be out of commission so often ill roll wizzy alt.
    • 595 posts
    February 6, 2017 8:59 PM PST

Megaera said:

Since there are no large humanoid races, ill prob go with human warrior. I wanted to do a caster class but im not looking forward to being oom every 2 or 3 pulls...if they change mana regen rates so i wont be out of commission so often ill roll wizzy alt.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I really don't know what you mean by "no large humanoid races".  Every one of the races is humanoid; that is having human characteristics or form.  More specifically, two legs, two arms, a head atop shoulders, etc.  

Since I can only assume that you don't want to play an Ogre, what did you have in mind?  Something like a giant?  Like Barbarians maybe?

• 4 posts
    February 6, 2017 9:55 PM PST

I'm initially leaning toward playing a Dark Myr Dire Lord, but it really is tough to say without knowing more about the class - and other classes, for that matter.