Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What do you consider the best?

• 769 posts
    July 2, 2018 10:59 AM PDT

Burning Rapier in EQ, hands down. My first real big quest chain completion that took some doing, and the first weapon I got that procced. The aggro was insane on that weapon because of that proc - made the Rogue life interesting. 

• 129 posts
    July 2, 2018 3:51 PM PDT

Innoruuk's Curse, the ShadowKnight epic weapon.

A real pain to get, but the weapon was beautiful, especially with the SK skyshrine armor (dark purple plate) from Velious.

A shame 1.5 and 2.0 looked really ugly.

• 752 posts
    July 2, 2018 3:59 PM PDT
    I recently went back and completed the EQ1 sleepers tomb dragon faction DS/Regen earring quest for my rogue. To me it was most important because it completed that expansion for me.
    • 178 posts
    July 5, 2018 6:55 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

What is the best ? #PRF #Epics #Bestdrop

To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

• 363 posts
    July 5, 2018 7:23 AM PDT

Not sure these were the best, but they were the best I could get.

Scimitar of the Ghan

Silverleaf

• 1281 posts
    July 5, 2018 7:36 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

What is the best weapon or armour piece you have ever earned in any game to date and why do you consider it so good? #PRF #Epics #Bestdrop

My Rogue Epic.  While there may have been better weapons over-all, I still consider it my best because I earned it.

• 1019 posts
    July 5, 2018 11:59 AM PDT

My Paladin Eqic, when epic's (and their quest) were first introduced in EQ2.  The whole game within a game of finding the clues to peice together the quest to even start the quest to begin questing for that weapon.  All the requirements of visiting other zones, mobs, NPC's and everything about earning that weapons was genuinly epic.  And then after receiving it, the stats it had on it were something I looked at for probably a combined 2 hours (not all 2 hours at once, I just remember opening the stat window a lot just so I could read it.) It remains, to this day, my favorite weapons in a game soley because of the work it took to earn it.

After earning it and after it was surpased the joy I had that I could "mount" it and then hang it on my wall in my house in EQ2 was truely monumental in terms of the feels.

• 29 posts
    July 5, 2018 12:16 PM PDT

Maybe not the best but surely the biggest accomplishment : Server First Griffin on Halgar Server on Vanguard. The Quest was super hard so only a handful of people had the flying Mount. Still have fond memories of beating AKANDE in Lost Targonor :)

• 128 posts
    July 10, 2018 6:25 PM PDT

My favorite was The Tranquil Staff.  I was a monk and having that short duration stun was Death In A Stick.  Too bad it was so heavy :)

• 1584 posts
    July 16, 2018 8:12 PM PDT
    For me was easily DA hammer for my pally in EQ1, probably thee most class defining item for a paladin especially for ramp tanking, it was just simply an amazing item
    • 135 posts
    July 22, 2018 7:33 AM PDT

Runescape 2 Saradomin Hilt.  When the godwars began,

I spent hundreds of hours  Soloing  the gods general  Zilyana before she dropped the hilt for me.

I  was one of the first in the world to put the godsword shards and hilt together with my smithing forging the Saradomin Godsword.

I had to have high agility to climb down the ropes to reach the boss.  Defeat 40 enemys each time  before i could fight Zilyana. High combat skills to defeat Zilyana and high Smithing to forge  the weapon which dropped in 4 parts.

This post was edited by Kiera at July 22, 2018 7:50 AM PDT
    • 200 posts
    July 22, 2018 8:58 AM PDT

Benediction/Anathema, the epic priest staff in WoW Vanilla.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=18608/benediction

http://www.wowhead.com/item=18609/anathema

It was not easy to get and very rewarding. You had to kill Majordomus Executus in Molten Core and Kazzak, an open world boss. Then you could see an invisible quest giver in the plaque lands. The last quest was hard. You had to heal and decurse fleeing civilians and kill attacking undead and stay alive.

Greeings

This post was edited by Larirawiel at July 22, 2018 8:59 AM PDT
    • 646 posts
    July 22, 2018 9:08 AM PDT

I'm torn between Benediction/Anathema and Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest. The former was a fulfilling personal experience; however the latter is tied to memories with my old raid team and us working through one of my favorite raids. I unfortunately became the target of some very rude and angry trolls after my Dragonwrath ceremony, as I was a discipline priest receiving the item, but that wasn't enough to tarnish my happiness.

I also will ALWAYS remember the raid tier where I Never Received Shoulders because it was hilarious.

This post was edited by Naunet at July 22, 2018 9:09 AM PDT
    • 134 posts
    July 22, 2018 12:53 PM PDT

Two different items fit the bill for me.

My bard epic and Atiesh in World of Warcraft.

• 76 posts
    July 22, 2018 1:51 PM PDT
    Depends what character I was playing but my all time favorite item was my mana stone in everquest. I used that thing on so many different characters to get them to 60.

I had a cleric with the mana stone and clicky CH breastplate so i would never run out of mana or hp.

Then on my wizard I could use it with runes on and never tap into hp but still get mana worth more than the rune cost.

A few other items to mention: Rogue and cleric epic, eyepatch of plunder, gobi earring, bracer of hidden (I camped that thing for 72 hours before I got one), belt of great turtle.

All great memories getting these items.
    • 107 posts
    July 22, 2018 3:33 PM PDT

Bard epic in Vangaurd was OP. Once I got it it was VERY hard to get groups for alts. Cleric and Psi were decent, but noone ever wanted me on anything but the bard.

Vercel's mask, also VG, deserves mention, for the wrong reason, imo. It took 8 kills to get the mask give or take, but there was virtually nothing else in the entire wing worth killing for, so we were going there just for the mask. Once that was received and a dozen or so people were not spending all that time JUST for me to get a mask I was rather relieved. 

First lightsaber in SWGs was cool, building my own, then turning it on made unlocking the jedi seem real. Although it was the jedi that was overpowered, and that first saber actually kind of sucked. (At least before the 2 nerfs, first with the introduction of the village then when they made jedi a starting class.) 

My favorite to complete was the RIS armor in SWGs. Me and some mates stumbled upon the Woolymander Temple while on a walkabout. No idea what it was or what it was for. Clues were hard to come by. A couple weeks (maybe months) later...

This post was edited by alephen at July 22, 2018 3:33 PM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    July 22, 2018 5:08 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

What is the best weapon or armour piece you have ever earned in any game to date and why do you consider it so good? #PRF #Epics #Bestdrop

That would be the 8th Coldain Prayer Shawl " Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl" easily the best quest EQ1 ever created. Parts soloable, parts groupable, parts needing several groups.  The storyline was great, the progression of the shawl as you went through the quest was excellent and the end item was very well balanced. 

• 3 posts
    July 22, 2018 6:12 PM PDT

I think the coolest weapon in Everquest 2 came from a raid boss called Cheldrak. The first guild on each server to defeat him would obtain a Mythical item called Cheldrak Tooth. Now I wasn't in the guild that first obtained it, but the thought of it and seeing it on the person who actually got it was pretty cool. 

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Chel%27Drak%27s_Tooth

• 145 posts
    July 22, 2018 8:57 PM PDT

Without a doubt it was the BiC quest in EQ. The GoD expansion to be exact. Was an augment, but a really nice one. It was about the same stats as the gear at the time so it was like having an extra piece of gear. Was a 200 and some odd step quest that took forever and many raid forces. Also required all kinds of tradeskills. Hardest work I ever did

This post was edited by Moloka at July 22, 2018 8:58 PM PDT
    • 627 posts
    July 23, 2018 5:04 PM PDT
    EQ Wurmslayer ofc!