Forums » News and Announcements

Introducing Pantheon Seasons: Gameplay for all Pledges

• 9 posts
    February 12, 2024 6:13 PM PST

I think the noob areas need a little bit toned down on difficulty. I died to my first 10 mobs before I was able to even get a single kill. Other than that  I cant wait to get in some more play time!!

• 2 posts
    February 12, 2024 6:37 PM PST

SynSymbio said:

50$ = 1 week

250$ = 2 weeks

750$ = 6 weeks

Converting pledge tiers to season tiers makes no sense. I was supposed to get Alpha access when alpha starts and now you have seasons instead. You were supposed to give me full access with Alpha. One day someone will make a video of all the mistakes you made with your audience. Because at least for me, you just convinced me never to pay you another dollar. Agreements should be held, even though no one is going to legally demand it. Good luck making anyone believe what you are saying. Looks like another move on your side to get more crowd funding. I strongly discourage people to pay you.

Summary: VIP stay same, starter pledges get the boon, alpha pledgers get the finger.

I 100% agree. After all this time people claiming "its still in pre-alpha". No! this Seasons **** is just an excuse to not advance to alpha. 8 years and not in alpha? I honestly don't feel they give a **** about those of us who have pledged alpha. At this point everyone who claims "this is best for the game overall" clearly have missed how often they have let us down and show no sign of changing that pattern. I was honestly so excited for this game for the 1st 4 years. I stayed at least hopeful for the next 3-4. At this point it seems they will try and do anything to get new pledges with no real desire to ever release a complete game let alone make it to alpha. If this game does eventually come out before i die I hope you all enjoy it. I can't stay in limbo while constantly being toyed with anymore. This was the last straw tbh. $300 down the drain! 

• 44 posts
    February 13, 2024 5:50 AM PST

Geodee said: 

I 100% agree. After all this time people claiming "its still in pre-alpha". No! this Seasons **** is just an excuse to not advance to alpha. 8 years and not in alpha? I honestly don't feel they give a **** about those of us who have pledged alpha. At this point everyone who claims "this is best for the game overall" clearly have missed how often they have let us down and show no sign of changing that pattern. I was honestly so excited for this game for the 1st 4 years. I stayed at least hopeful for the next 3-4. At this point it seems they will try and do anything to get new pledges with no real desire to ever release a complete game let alone make it to alpha. If this game does eventually come out before i die I hope you all enjoy it. I can't stay in limbo while constantly being toyed with anymore. This was the last straw tbh. $300 down the drain! 

While I can understand your frustration, I disagree with the assessment that this process isn't good for the game overall, and that VR has shown no sign of changing that pattern. I certainly felt something similar up to the point where I was given the opportunity to actually play the game in its current state.

That is not to say that the game is perfect by any stretch of the imagination. And I will state again what I've stated before for the benefit of anyone new to this project: the game is still quite rough and Visionary Realms has a TON of work ahead of them to get the game to the point where it's ready to be played in a state that would commonly be accepted as a release candidate. 

But I've played what they have offered so far in this Pre-Alpha stage of development. Again, it's just one zone that we (anyone with lower than Pre-Alpha/VIP testing status) have been able to play for ourselves. There is still a lot of stuff to be ironed out, game mechanics developed, UI to improve, graphical assets to be finished, etc. And I can honestly say that what I experienced felt good. It gave me the same feeling I had in the early days of Everquest.

Darkness is not trivial at this point. Death is not trivial at this point (after level 5, when the death penalty is turned on). It can be dangerous to go exploring alone. The fact that you will most likely need to interact with your fellow players at some point if you want to delve into dungeons is definitely a part of Pantheon. No more insta-queuing and speed running dungeons as if they're a chore that needs to be completed daily. And this is all with a client that seems to perform well. I personally did not have the game crash a single time during the few sessions I was able to play, over several hours each. I know that's how games are supposed to perform and it shouldn't necessarily be viewed as an achievement, but for a game that is still technically in Pre-Alpha, I think it's pretty good.

And the fact that VR is now planning to release new content every 6 weeks is a clear sign that they are trying to change the way they operate.

Of course, time will tell if they can deliver on their intent to stick to this new schedule. I certainly hope they do, because this is the kind of MMORPG I've wanted since Vanguard failed and shut down. Perhaps with this new development cadence and the renewed interest from long time followers, they will get new pledges and players who are willing to upgrade their pledge status. Which should allow them to hire more developers. Which should get the game closer to release faster.

But you are still entitled to your opinion, of course. Maybe check back with the game in six months to see what people are saying? Or you could try the game yourself on a regular basis with the pledge package you bought. The choice is yours.

• VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    February 13, 2024 6:05 AM PST

SynSymbio said:

50$ = 1 week

250$ = 2 weeks

750$ = 6 weeks

Converting pledge tiers to season tiers makes no sense. I was supposed to get Alpha access when alpha starts and now you have seasons instead. You were supposed to give me full access with Alpha. One day someone will make a video of all the mistakes you made with your audience. Because at least for me, you just convinced me never to pay you another dollar. Agreements should be held, even though no one is going to legally demand it. Good luck making anyone believe what you are saying. Looks like another move on your side to get more crowd funding. I strongly discourage people to pay you.

Summary: VIP stay same, starter pledges get the boon, alpha pledgers get the finger.

Nothing has changed except we have given pledges a way to play now instead of waiting for various phases.

• 74 posts
    February 13, 2024 6:35 AM PST

Just an old-school pledger here checking in. Thank you for thinking outside the box to get more eyes on the game and more playtime for all of us!

• 2 posts
    February 13, 2024 7:56 PM PST
    Never received an email.
    • 2048 posts
    February 13, 2024 8:51 PM PST

Gerblet said: Never received an email.

First, check to make sure that the email listed on your forum account here is  still the correct one. That is where all communictions from VR will go. (If you have been receiving the monthly newsletter regularly, then it is correct)

Second, check your spam folder and any other folders that mail might get directed into.

These have been the issues for the majority of people who didn't receive the invite.

If none of this solves the problem, then you need to submit a ticket to support here:

https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/support/open.php

Good Luck.

• 23 posts
    February 15, 2024 7:24 AM PST

Hey Savanja,

With seasons coming here in the next month could we get an official news post clipped from the production tracker please? 

It would be an easier quick reference for what changes the alpha testers will be looking for between sessions and I assume most of us head straight to the forums. For those that don't know about it, on the main Pantheon page in the top right you can click production tracker from the news drop down.

• 7 posts
    February 17, 2024 11:39 AM PST

• 4 posts
    February 21, 2024 5:53 PM PST

I am  Pathfinder pledge i have played on a couple of the 24 hour days and when it ended i could still log almost to character select and would get something saying  servers not available i tried to log in after the season started and can't get anywhere close now. Is there a new key I need for seasons for when I'll be able to play

This post was edited by Edward at February 21, 2024 6:12 PM PST
    • 2048 posts
    February 21, 2024 10:14 PM PST

Edward said:

I am  Pathfinder pledge i have played on a couple of the 24 hour days and when it ended i could still log almost to character select and would get something saying  servers not available i tried to log in after the season started and can't get anywhere close now. Is there a new key I need for seasons for when I'll be able to play

The "when I'll be able to play" is the defining issue for you. As a Pathfinder pledge, you have Champion Access. If you read the official announcement of Seasons Here you will see that your first 2 week access to the test server begins on March 16. You don't need anything else.

• 12 posts
    February 25, 2024 9:43 PM PST

Look forward to it!

• 1 posts
    February 26, 2024 6:17 PM PST

I have a Triumvirate pledge but when I login there are no realms available.  Are there specific hours that the servers are open?

• VR Staff
    • 328 posts
    February 26, 2024 8:29 PM PST

ldykllr said:

I have a Triumvirate pledge but when I login there are no realms available.  Are there specific hours that the servers are open?

Sounds like you need to run the patcher to get on the current version. Check out pantheonmmo.com/download for the latest patcher

• 1 posts
    March 1, 2024 5:50 AM PST

Looking forward to this.

• 17 posts
    March 9, 2024 8:56 PM PST

Savanja said:

ottawacloset said:

Sounds great, will be able to plan some game time in with the set dates. I did do the Knight's pledge back in 2016 so not sure what the equivalent is called now. I imagine it is in the supporter tier?

Cheers guys

Knight's Pledge has Champion access.

Not mine, i fall under support pledge

• 17 posts
    March 9, 2024 9:00 PM PST

Corwyn said:

Geodee said: Are you kidding me?! I paid $300 to have alpha access early. Now you change it and the only consolation is I get 1 more week than people who paid $50?!?! I feel robbed! You lied to me. After waiting 8 years for alpha then it not working you decide this is best?! All you've done is make my purchase basically worthless!! I should have never invested the amount I did. Thanks for stealing my money!

I paid $100 for a Knight's pledge years ago, which included Alpha access, among other perks. I could take the same stance as you, but I would rather focus on the positive aspects of:

A) This will help generate more testing data for the VR team.

B) The additional revenue this might generate for VR in the form of new pledges and pledge upgrades could allow them to hire more developers, which would help get the game to full release faster.

Isn't that what we all want?

I'm not trying to minimize your thoughts and feelings on this, but we've lamented the fact that it's taken so long to get to this point. I think even if I had spent an additional $200 on my pledge, I would still think that this change is a net positive for the project and getting us to full release faster. What I've tried of the game so far gave me a feeling that I've not had since the early days of original Everquest. The game is still pretty rough, and there is a ton of work left for them to do. But it recaptured the kind of game I've been wanting to play since Vanguard floundered and then got shut down.

I think it's worth the money I spent, even though I'm not getting as much "value" out of the Alpha testing component of my pledge. Hopefully you can come to see the positives may outweigh the negatives when all is said and done.

I am also a knight's pledge but grouped with supporters.. I could of sworn that I had alpha access in 2017-2018..I hope this gets fixed.

• 2048 posts
    March 10, 2024 4:33 PM PDT

rpger4life said: I am also a knight's pledge but grouped with supporters.. I could of sworn that I had alpha access in 2017-2018..I hope this gets fixed.

There were changes to pledges over the years and some pledges just didn't get changed in the mass adjustments when Chapters and Seasons got adjusted. The support people have a record of all pledges made and their rewards. You need to submit a ticket to Support and ask them to fix your status.

See ya on Terminus.

• VR Staff
    • 328 posts
    March 11, 2024 10:21 AM PDT

rpger4life said:

Savanja said:

ottawacloset said:

Sounds great, will be able to plan some game time in with the set dates. I did do the Knight's pledge back in 2016 so not sure what the equivalent is called now. I imagine it is in the supporter tier?

Cheers guys

Knight's Pledge has Champion access.

Not mine, i fall under support pledge

Knight's pledges have Champion testing access but are a supporter level pledge. As a retired pledge, they don't line up nicely with the new format. However, you have champion testing access

• 26 posts
    March 21, 2024 9:26 AM PDT

*Edit* Found the answer! Enjoy exploring all!

This post was edited by Matauris at March 21, 2024 9:28 AM PDT
    • 9 posts
    March 23, 2024 2:37 AM PDT

Hi,

I've been checking every messages in the forum for the past 2 hours, trying to find the time.

Posting the day is fine, but the time would be appreciated.. Cause my server list is empty, and where I live, it's march 23 for 11 hours now.

Thanks..

• 2 posts
    March 23, 2024 8:20 AM PDT

Vaan said:

Hi,

I've been checking every messages in the forum for the past 2 hours, trying to find the time.

Posting the day is fine, but the time would be appreciated.. Cause my server list is empty, and where I live, it's march 23 for 11 hours now.

Thanks..

Wondering the same. Excited and over 16 hours into march 23rd ;)

• 2 posts
    March 28, 2024 11:35 AM PDT
    Hi. Really enjoying the limited time I have playing and can't wait to play again on the next season. I was wondering when the servers are coming down on the 29th so we can get as much playing in before becoming a spectator for the next 6 weeks
    • 2 posts
    March 28, 2024 11:37 AM PDT
    I think I may have posted the question in the wrong place lol
    • 21 posts
    March 30, 2024 4:18 AM PDT

Season 1 was awesome definitely upping my pledge!