Forums » News and Announcements

Introducing Pantheon Seasons: Gameplay for all Pledges

• 2 posts
    February 7, 2024 10:34 PM PST

I have downloaded the client, per email. cant seem to login at this time though.

is there a walkthrough to get the game downloaded before the staurday session?

• VR Staff
    • 331 posts
    February 7, 2024 10:43 PM PST

Haam said:

I have downloaded the client, per email. cant seem to login at this time though.

is there a walkthrough to get the game downloaded before the staurday session?

We will announce when you can download the client. It is waiting until we have the patch ready. Keep watching discord and the forums

• 16 posts
    February 8, 2024 12:45 AM PST

Well, honestly said, I'm a bit disappointed that the champion pledge status is currently just for 2 weeks gameplay planned, which is a good sign.... because I would like to play more.
    As I have read about the planned seasons, I become very happy ... In my opinion, that is a very good strategy to push the VR team harder and to re-energize the flame of many players.

I look forward to it, and hope to see new zones, classes, races, features

Thank you VR, I like it.

• 124 posts
    February 8, 2024 3:40 AM PST

Geodee said: Are you kidding me?! I paid $300 to have alpha access early. Now you change it and the only consolation is I get 1 more week than people who paid $50?!?! I feel robbed! You lied to me. After waiting 8 years for alpha then it not working you decide this is best?! All you've done is make my purchase basically worthless!! I should have never invested the amount I did. Thanks for stealing my money!

I want to be first, I paid to be special, I'd rather the game never releases than see the team do something proactive. New account, one post, nothing new here. I'd say "grow up you muppet", but you'd only find an excuse to be angry about some kind of 'ism'.

If this made you reflect a little, you're welcome.

• 1479 posts
    February 8, 2024 6:48 AM PST

Shadowbound said:

Geodee said: Are you kidding me?! I paid $300 to have alpha access early. Now you change it and the only consolation is I get 1 more week than people who paid $50?!?! I feel robbed! You lied to me. After waiting 8 years for alpha then it not working you decide this is best?! All you've done is make my purchase basically worthless!! I should have never invested the amount I did. Thanks for stealing my money!

I want to be first, I paid to be special, I'd rather the game never releases than see the team do something proactive. New account, one post, nothing new here. I'd say "grow up you muppet", but you'd only find an excuse to be angry about some kind of 'ism'.

If this made you reflect a little, you're welcome.

Also I loved the phrasing "1 more week", which is reducing it to the smallest possible value as a mean of fallacy. One more week is twice as much.

• 10 posts
    February 8, 2024 8:14 AM PST

Is it correct, that the seasons replace the Alpha and Beta?

This post was edited by DCCLXXVII at February 8, 2024 8:21 AM PST
    • 44 posts
    February 8, 2024 8:29 AM PST

DCCLXXVII said:

Is it correct, that the seasons replace the Alpha and Beta?

If by Alpha and Beta, you mean the access level of different pledge packages, then yes.

Pledges have been converted as follows, to the best of my knowledge:

Beta access = Supporter access to Seasons

Alpha access = Champion access to Seasons

Pre-Alpha access = VIP access to Seasons

If by Alpha and Beta, you mean the stages of development that the game will go through, then no. The game is still currently in the Pre-Alpha stage of development. It is yet to be determined if, once VR moves to the Alpha stage of development, Champion pledges will receive 24/7 access to the game like VIP's currently have. But I certainly hope that will be the case. :)

• 86 posts
    February 8, 2024 12:25 PM PST

So cool.

• 3 posts
    February 8, 2024 1:56 PM PST

This is exciting news! Very nice to see the team making rapid progress on the development to the point of releasing tons of playable content for players.

Sharing this with my friends who have been following the game :)

• 39 posts
    February 8, 2024 3:01 PM PST

I really loved some parts of Everquest, and really hated others.

I know Pantheon is it own game, and will have it's own good, and bad, points.

In a lot of ways I expect it to be a "better" Everquest.

Yeah ... yeah ... I know ... but one can always hope.

This post was edited by Sakkara at February 8, 2024 3:01 PM PST
    • 27 posts
    February 8, 2024 4:23 PM PST

Exciting news, indeed! :) I hope this to be a great way for the devs to collect testing data while also allowing more community engagement. We are happy to be a part of this process and see hands-on how Pantheon grows throughout the seasons.

• 14 posts
    February 9, 2024 5:55 AM PST

As someone who has been chomping at the bit for a chance to peer into your world, I thank you.  This, to me, could be a nice model for other games to follow to allow as many folks to test and support future games.  This can only help the development process and it will definitely appease those wanting to see "something" for what they have pledged.  I was fine being jealous and waiting my turn, so you just made my weekend!  Thanks again.

• 9 posts
    February 9, 2024 7:47 AM PST
    Great news! With the proposed changes of last year I was about to lose faith, but with the steps being made now its gradually returning. Looking forward to play the pre-alpha version as first (test) impression
    • 39 posts
    February 9, 2024 3:29 PM PST

Remember!

This is still a testing phase, there WILL be bugs, delays, and hiccups galore.

• 16 posts
    February 10, 2024 9:17 AM PST

Okay, so I'm not sure where to go for technical assistance.  I'm logged into discord but do not have permission to message.

I've downloaded the patcher.zip file and launched.  It downloaded giving me its progress all the way, took about 45 minutes, then went to a screen saying processing deltas

I left it for a few minutes came back and now the patcher says downloading files again but showing no progress updates, just says downloading files but no files sizes listed or progress bar shown.  I have no idea if it is downloading anything or if the patcher is stuck.  

This is my 2nd time going through the process, the first time I assumed it was stuck and rebooted computer and started over.

Any ideas?

Nevermind, I'm in, woohoo.  So excited.

This post was edited by Kakos at February 10, 2024 11:13 AM PST
    • 12 posts
    February 10, 2024 10:48 AM PST
    Posting for access level
    • 2 posts
    February 10, 2024 11:14 AM PST

I'm still trying to figure everything out. I misinformingly thought the forum account I had was the info needed for the client download, so I tried creating an actual pantheon account associated to the same email account as the forum account, but couldn't because I don't have a license key. I did not get the invite email because the email account isn't updating/synching with new emails despite reseting/reinstalling outlook. Quite the conundrum.

• 2050 posts
    February 10, 2024 11:44 AM PST

GoBoGH said:

I'm still trying to figure everything out. I misinformingly thought the forum account I had was the info needed for the client download, so I tried creating an actual pantheon account associated to the same email account as the forum account, but couldn't because I don't have a license key. I did not get the invite email because the email account isn't updating/synching with new emails despite reseting/reinstalling outlook. Quite the conundrum.

You can and should make sure that your forum account here has the correct email address for you. That should make things simpler than having an app like Outlook forwarding stuff to you.

If you need assistance, you can try the "test-support" channel in Discord. If you can't access that,  the next best way is to submit a support ticket here

https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/support/open.php

• 2 posts
    February 10, 2024 1:09 PM PST

Jothany said:

GoBoGH said:

You can and should make sure that your forum account here has the correct email address for you. That should make things simpler than having an app like Outlook forwarding stuff to you.

If you need assistance, you can try the "test-support" channel in Discord. If you can't access that,  the next best way is to submit a support ticket here

https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/support/open.php

I just want to say, Murphy's Law always seems to be in effect when I dl/update anything it seems...but, even though I ran into a couple hiccups initially, not only did I get everything worked out (with help!), I have the client downloaded on my work laptop and currently downloading on gamining laptop. Thanks for the assist!

• 3 posts
    February 10, 2024 2:47 PM PST

NIICE!!!

• 26 posts
    February 11, 2024 4:51 AM PST

I am so happy to finally be able to play the game.  Took a bit but I'm here.  I do have one question...on the chat screen is there any why to change either the background, more opaque or change the chat color, specifically the green.  I can hardly see it, especially at night.  Thanks all....*doing the happy dance*

• 33 posts
    February 11, 2024 5:09 AM PST

50$ = 1 week

250$ = 2 weeks

750$ = 6 weeks

Converting pledge tiers to season tiers makes no sense. I was supposed to get Alpha access when alpha starts and now you have seasons instead. You were supposed to give me full access with Alpha. One day someone will make a video of all the mistakes you made with your audience. Because at least for me, you just convinced me never to pay you another dollar. Agreements should be held, even though no one is going to legally demand it. Good luck making anyone believe what you are saying. Looks like another move on your side to get more crowd funding. I strongly discourage people to pay you.

Summary: VIP stay same, starter pledges get the boon, alpha pledgers get the finger.

This post was edited by SynSymbio at February 11, 2024 5:14 AM PST
    • 839 posts
    February 11, 2024 8:31 PM PST
    SynSymbio said:

50$ = 1 week

250$ = 2 weeks

750$ = 6 weeks

Converting pledge tiers to season tiers makes no sense. I was supposed to get Alpha access when alpha starts and now you have seasons instead. You were supposed to give me full access with Alpha. One day someone will make a video of all the mistakes you made with your audience. Because at least for me, you just convinced me never to pay you another dollar. Agreements should be held, even though no one is going to legally demand it. Good luck making anyone believe what you are saying. Looks like another move on your side to get more crowd funding. I strongly discourage people to pay you.

Summary: VIP stay same, starter pledges get the boon, alpha pledgers get the finger.

I personally didn't anticipate to be in a perpetual alpha test state. Drop in drop out test schedule was what I assumed.. Up until a point closer to launch.
    • 144 posts
    February 12, 2024 10:45 AM PST

SynSymbio said:

50$ = 1 week

250$ = 2 weeks

750$ = 6 weeks

I would suggest you start to read this very forum first. We are still in Pre-alpha. So may be once alpha starts you will get full time access like pre-alphas right now, otherwise I would like to say: be happy to have an early access. Shall I remind people that pre-alpha had only monthly 24 hours access since quite recently.

• 39 posts
    February 12, 2024 3:58 PM PST

I'd assumed the pre-alpha was over and we were in late-alpha/pre-beta.

Good to know.