Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Where do we start.

• 2752 posts
    November 27, 2017 4:44 PM PST

I think it makes the most sense to me to start in the race's main city personally, especially compared to a village. From a leveling perspective it makes the most sense to me that the lowest level mobs would be in the area surrounding the major cities as opposed to some village a little out of the way since the city has all the resources to keep the immediate area free of noteable/intelligent threats, leaving them mostly with small wildlife issues. 

It always strikes me odd when you start somewhere else and the mobs closer to a major city are higher level than the area you start. 

• 1618 posts
    November 27, 2017 4:46 PM PST

Kittik said:

EQ2 - Full set of gear.  Looks like you could be placed at the front lines of the Lannister army. Made a brand new level 1 character 2 days ago. They at least do a good job of giving you an instanced beginner tutorial on a boat that gets attacked, after which you wake up on the dock of whatever starter city you're going to.

Unless something has significantly changed recently, EQ2 starts you in rags. Far from full gear. You may chose a market choice for higher level characters, but the character starts with almost nothing but rags. 

Of course, I have not played the current expansions. So that might have changed. But both the TLE servers, start you with rags.

This post was edited by Beefcake at November 27, 2017 4:47 PM PST
    • 1019 posts
    November 27, 2017 4:48 PM PST

Beefcake said:

Unless something has significantly changed recently, EQ2 starts you in rags. Far from full gear. You may chose a market choice for higher level characters, but the character starts with almost nothing but rags. 

Of course, I have not played the current expansions. So that might have changed. But both the TLE servers, start you with rags.

Bruh....

Kittik said:

Made a brand new level 1 character 2 days ago. 

• 98 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:07 PM PST

They do give brand new EQ2 toons a full visible set of gear but it's all pretty much statless, I think. I like stripping all the stuff off the toons and running around in their undies :D

• 17 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:39 PM PST

I help, if I can.