Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What Class/Race combo will you use in testing?

• 624 posts
    October 24, 2017 9:21 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Not yet man, but you can safely pick from the classes/races that we have already revealed to start off with :)

Does this mean I can try out war wizard?  Brad "revealed" that in an early stream!  I want to be one of The Six Suns of Terminus, or at least see one in action so epic verse can be penned, lyric songs composed. After we test out zoning and crafting and trading and levelling and combat and animations and dieing that is...maybe on the final day of pre-alpha.

• 68 posts
    October 24, 2017 9:40 PM PDT

I usually either play a Druid/Shaman in MMO's if they're available. Chances are I will leave those for launch, and try out something else during testing to keep my number one choices fresh. I would like to try out a Paladin, preferably an Elf (hint, hint), but also dabble into some magic with a Summoner once I'm able to join in on the testing. If I'm only to pick out of the options currently available, I'd probably check out a Gnome Wizard, since I think they have a really interesting and unique design to them.

• 9115 posts
    October 24, 2017 10:40 PM PDT

Kumu said:

Kilsin said:

Not yet man, but you can safely pick from the classes/races that we have already revealed to start off with :)

Does this mean I can try out war wizard?  Brad "revealed" that in an early stream!  I want to be one of The Six Suns of Terminus, or at least see one in action so epic verse can be penned, lyric songs composed. After we test out zoning and crafting and trading and levelling and combat and animations and dieing that is...maybe on the final day of pre-alpha.

Lol, no, only Aradune is a WarWizard. I try to train him and say that the mobs are attracted to his shiny green armour ;)

• 15 posts
    October 25, 2017 2:55 PM PDT

How many characters are allowed to be created for Pre-Alpha? 

Will there be any private messages/emails sent to the Pre-Alpha's to notify them and give them a heads up that this will be coming?

• 363 posts
    October 25, 2017 3:01 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

So, now that the beans have been spilt, what class and race combo will you help us test pre-alpha with before the holidays? #PRF #communitymatters

Ogre Shaman, which will be my main. I want to make certain that what the class is just before release is what I have helped test. Hope that makes sense.

• 334 posts
    October 25, 2017 3:14 PM PDT

Id probably be pressed for time, still, but..
    my eq1 erudite wizard was invisible in the dark (specially with the black beard)
    my eq2 erudite wizard tattoo's reflected so much it was invisible in broad daylight
    now I lean towards gnome wizard ... see through lavalamp? Sounds hot! :)
    just to note that I favor wizzy in it's purest form

• 13 posts
    October 25, 2017 3:26 PM PDT

I have always liked the Paladin/SK (Dire Lord I am assuming in the Pantheon) so when the beta opens (the pledge level I selected) I will most likely choose a hybrid. Would  LOVE to see a Fighter/Magic User hybrid in the game!

• 9115 posts
    October 25, 2017 4:56 PM PDT

Itchies500 said:

How many characters are allowed to be created for Pre-Alpha? 

Will there be any private messages/emails sent to the Pre-Alpha's to notify them and give them a heads up that this will be coming?

We haven't set that amount yet but currently, you can create 8? I think.

Of course, we have been saying this for a while now, we will notify everyone that qualifies for each testing phase via their email that they used to sign up to the forums with. I will be putting out a reminder about that shortly.

• 129 posts
    October 25, 2017 5:53 PM PDT

Ranger, Rogue, Shaman. I seriously don't know if I could main another shaman. Living my life as a raid shaman is either super boring or super stressful with officer duties.

This post was edited by Rogue at October 25, 2017 5:57 PM PDT
    • 98 posts
    October 26, 2017 3:08 AM PDT

Sadly I am strapped for cash (building a new PC) so am just in Beta. Though obviously when they are available I will be a Halfling Bard! Prior to that possibly Ranger, no more gaming stress as a tank!

Yes, I am perfectly aware the question was for Pre-Alpha. ./in a loud strident "musical" voice "I WILL BE HEARD!"

• 15 posts
    October 26, 2017 6:54 PM PDT

While testing I'll try out every class and every race. I've played all roles over various MMOs and don't always land on the same class/role type. It always seems to depend on the game. Due to this whenever I start a new game I end up going through a period where I create a bunch of characters until I get a feel of what I want to play. A lot of characters also get deleted because I run out of character slots. So characters being created and deleted during testing, which I assume will happen, is something I already do. I'll be in the Alpha testing phase so getting a chance to help test will not only help VR but probably allow me to nail down a main character by launch. This will be something brand new for me! :)

• 902 posts
    October 27, 2017 10:37 AM PDT

Well traditionally I have always had a Human Ranger first and tradition can be good.

Given half a chance I will also be trying Halfling/Theif, Archai/Shaman, Dark Myr/Dire Lord, OgreDruid, Dwarf Cleric.

Eventually I would like to try each combination before launch so that I can then decide for definate which I will play for real. Do we know how many character slots we will have in pre-alpha and how many are likely for live (I know this last one probably wont get an answer)?

• 334 posts
    October 27, 2017 4:03 PM PDT

Kilsin said:
    Lol, no, only Aradune is a WarWizard. I try to train him and say that the mobs are attracted to his shiny green armour ;)

that means Aradune in green is a descendant of Al'Kabor?
    or do you have him and his rage contained by a sister of the dark so he can quietly sculpt the statues of Pantheon? (ref. Terry Goodkind)

sorry.. couldn't resist