Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What Class/Race combo will you use in testing?

• 3852 posts
    October 23, 2017 7:32 AM PDT

For alpha (unless I upgrade soon) I will firstly play anything you say you want tested. Given that everything will be wiped multiple times I have no slightest need to pick based on my own preferences. 

Secondly I will create characters of every race and every class (but not every possible combination unless requested). I am an altoholic and enjoy the character creation screen and the first few levels a lot more than the average player. So since many people will be racing past this to get to the "meat" of the game I will spend loads of time there meticulously checking the creation of races, classes and genders. Every hairstyle, every face, every ....well whatever options you have on the character creation screen, my precious!!!! Gollum gollum (sorry Smeagol)

• 3237 posts
    October 23, 2017 7:37 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

oneADseven said:

Kilsin said:

So, now that the beans have been spilt, what class and race combo will you help us test pre-alpha with before the holidays? #PRF #communitymatters

Would love to answer this ... any way we can get a list of the race/class combos that will be available during pre-alpha?  I'm hoping ogre warrior/ogre shaman will be available but there are a few other combos I would like to try as well, such as Archai Monk, Skar Rogue, Dark Myr Summoner, Dwarf Enchanter, Gnome Wizard.

Not yet man, but you can safely pick from the classes/races that we have already revealed to start off with :)

Does that include warrior/wizard?  I know they haven't been officially revealed on the class page but both have been shown in streams for quite awhile now.

• 114 posts
    October 23, 2017 7:49 AM PDT

Whatever needs to be tested I will make.

I already know no matter what I will have a summoner, either dark myr or an elf.  But we will need to test EVERYTHING so that is what I will do. I will even test a Skar if they need me too....

the things I do for VR honestly....

• 184 posts
    October 23, 2017 8:09 AM PDT

Best community manager always coming up with the best forum topics : )

I'm all in for elven ranger. Can't wait for the reveal. So curious on the playstyle design they decide to go with : )

Great vibes in the community. Between what I would call an almost perfect design and presentation of the halfling race (I do not use the word perfect lightly!) coupled with the pre-alpha announcement, there is literally nothing I can find - across all sites - that people are complaining/criticizing about, save for starting city locations/starting with friends (and even then, people are beginning to open up, more of an inconvenience than a deal-breaker for most) 

P.S. And Stranger Things season 2 comes out this week! let the good times roll

• 1778 posts
    October 23, 2017 8:14 AM PDT
    In the Twitchcon stream what class was responsible for the blue glowing weapon effects
    • 6 posts
    October 23, 2017 8:31 AM PDT

Skar or ogre shaman for sure. That will be my main combo, but I will test a plain and simple human cleric too. Actually, I will be testing all healer classes since I prefer that role anyway. Main will still be a shaman + appropriate (somewhat) evil race.

• 1281 posts
    October 23, 2017 9:17 AM PDT

Human Rogue

• 557 posts
    October 23, 2017 9:59 AM PDT

This thread is just cruel and should be moved to the VIP subforum.

I feel like the kid who's an inch too short to go on the ride and has to watch his friends have fun.

So jealous.

• 627 posts
    October 23, 2017 10:07 AM PDT
    I too am jelly, me to poor to play with the grownups :(
    • 430 posts
    October 23, 2017 10:17 AM PDT

Whatever is needed I will test , after that Elven Druid ..

• 65 posts
    October 23, 2017 10:23 AM PDT

While like a few others in this thread I won't be testing until alpha, it was very exciting to see the beans be spilt!  I would really like to give pantheon's necromancer a go when/if it becomes available, but still plan on giving the dwarven enchanter a spin when it's my turn to test, as well as whatever else is available so that I can do my part to make this game as enjoyable and bug-squashed as possible when it goes live! :)

• 2130 posts
    October 23, 2017 10:59 AM PDT

Rogue main, always. I'm sure I'll have an alt of just about every class in the game though.

Screenshots generally fail to do races justice. I choose races purely for aesthetic purposes, so my race choice will be 100% dependent on the quality of animations and aesthetics of races as they appear in game. The concept art alone makes them all look pretty amazing, but it's difficult to say how that will translate in-game just yet. So far, the in-game Gnomes look incredible though so I have high hopes.

• 178 posts
    October 23, 2017 11:23 AM PDT

Dwarf cleric*,  follower of the keg, disciple of ale, zealot of mead, the beardclad reverend!

* i will not play on the early access, but if i could...

This post was edited by MyNegation at October 23, 2017 11:27 AM PDT
    • 1303 posts
    October 23, 2017 12:15 PM PDT

I think I'd really like to try out a Paladin, but can't decide if I'd like to go with Dwarf (first combo I ever played in EQ) or Human. That and a Dark Myr Necro.... Pleeeeaaaseee... Necro !

I'd also really like to try out Halfling Druid, Ogre Dire Lord, Skar Shaman. 

All that being said, I'll test what needs tested. If there's a shortage of something I'll swap to that just because. 

• 108 posts
    October 23, 2017 4:30 PM PDT

Human Ranger if its the melee type of ranger vs the ranged or a Dwarf Paladin...

A bit of history Eq-Half Elf Ranger

Daoc- Human Warden

Eq 2- Elf Ranger and a Human Berserker

Vanguard- Human Dread Knight

DDO- Human Rogue/Ranger/Barbarian 13/6/1

WOW- Night Elf feral druid

LOTR- Human Captain

WAR- Chaos Chosen

This post was edited by Cynwulf at October 23, 2017 5:11 PM PDT
    • 21 posts
    October 23, 2017 5:04 PM PDT

At some point I would love to focus on a female Dark Myr Summoner since that is what I want to main at launch.

But for testing purposes, I want to be as flexible as possible so I want to play as many of the race/class combos as I can. :)

This post was edited by WyattEarp89 at October 23, 2017 5:05 PM PDT
    • 1404 posts
    October 23, 2017 5:44 PM PDT

Alpha

Choices

1) Elf Wizard

2) Ogre Warrior

3) Halving Ranger

4) Dwarf Cleric

Unless of course VR needs a certain class played, then I'm all in. Makes no difference since there is at least a wipe at Launch, I won't be getting too attached to any one character before then.

• 9115 posts
    October 23, 2017 5:46 PM PDT

oneADseven said:

Kilsin said:

oneADseven said:

Kilsin said:

So, now that the beans have been spilt, what class and race combo will you help us test pre-alpha with before the holidays? #PRF #communitymatters

Would love to answer this ... any way we can get a list of the race/class combos that will be available during pre-alpha?  I'm hoping ogre warrior/ogre shaman will be available but there are a few other combos I would like to try as well, such as Archai Monk, Skar Rogue, Dark Myr Summoner, Dwarf Enchanter, Gnome Wizard.

Not yet man, but you can safely pick from the classes/races that we have already revealed to start off with :)

Does that include warrior/wizard?  I know they haven't been officially revealed on the class page but both have been shown in streams for quite awhile now.

What you have seen played in streams is most likely going to be in for testing man, we will, of course, add them all as time goes on but it is safe to pick from that selection I would say.

• 1120 posts
    October 23, 2017 9:51 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Upgrade me to ViP and ill gladly test every race/class you have!

• 1404 posts
    October 23, 2017 10:30 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

oneADseven said:

Kilsin said:

oneADseven said:

Kilsin said:

What you have seen played in streams is most likely going to be in for testing man, we will, of course, add them all as time goes on but it is safe to pick from that selection I would say.

Another question on this for you Kilsin, if you can give us the info. And I'll try not to sound pushy, thats not my intent. 

The Warriors and Wizards have been in the streams, but not officially revealed. Why is that? Time constraints on the devs? They are playable but incomplete animations maybe? Incomplete spell list?

All understandable reasons, I'm just courious what the reason might be. As always, IF your at liberty to say.

• 9115 posts
    October 24, 2017 2:12 AM PDT

Zorkon said:

Kilsin said:

oneADseven said:

Kilsin said:

oneADseven said:

Kilsin said:

Another question on this for you Kilsin, if you can give us the info. And I'll try not to sound pushy, thats not my intent. 

The Warriors and Wizards have been in the streams, but not officially revealed. Why is that? Time constraints on the devs? They are playable but incomplete animations maybe? Incomplete spell list?

All understandable reasons, I'm just courious what the reason might be. As always, IF your at liberty to say.

Just time and resources man, it takes a lot of work to produce the art, concept images, animations, colour palette, lore, abilities, background, skills etc. and that is just the tip of the iceberg, being lean but awesome team we have to redirect resources as needed and things like that sometimes need to take a backseat so we can get testing ready. Once things settle down the guys will update all of the class and races but I don't have an ETA on that just yet.

• 422 posts
    October 24, 2017 7:02 AM PDT

Halfling Ranger as soon as it's available!!!!

• 793 posts
    October 24, 2017 7:09 AM PDT

I will be playing no race/class combo, as I won't have access until alpha. :)

/looks for time machine.

This post was edited by Fulton at October 24, 2017 7:10 AM PDT
    • 2886 posts
    October 24, 2017 3:10 PM PDT

Dwarf Cleric first. Everything else after!

• 281 posts
    October 24, 2017 3:17 PM PDT

Monk, likely Human.  But I'll look over the races more closely before settling on race.  And likely, that will be that for a very long time.