Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What Class/Race combo will you use in testing?

• 9115 posts
    October 23, 2017 3:59 AM PDT

So, now that the beans have been spilt, what class and race combo will you help us test pre-alpha with before the holidays? #PRF #communitymatters

• 7 posts
    October 23, 2017 4:05 AM PDT

Will all class/race combos be available for testing?

• 4 posts
    October 23, 2017 4:17 AM PDT

I've been wanting to play a gnome enchanter like crazy. Gotta get my mez/charm on.

• 633 posts
    October 23, 2017 4:45 AM PDT

Gnome bard!

• 189 posts
    October 23, 2017 4:47 AM PDT

I won't be in pre-alpha but for alpha I'm in the same boat as dakkoros. Gnome enchanter. I do however like the halfings as well and would love to try those! With some other class... idk yet

• 112 posts
    October 23, 2017 5:05 AM PDT

Depending on what's available, how many slots we get, and guild needs... Human Paladin and/or Halfling Ranger.  Also, more than happy to switch things up to give feedback where needed. 

• 3237 posts
    October 23, 2017 5:12 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

So, now that the beans have been spilt, what class and race combo will you help us test pre-alpha with before the holidays? #PRF #communitymatters

Would love to answer this ... any way we can get a list of the race/class combos that will be available during pre-alpha?  I'm hoping ogre warrior/ogre shaman will be available but there are a few other combos I would like to try as well, such as Archai Monk, Skar Rogue, Dark Myr Summoner, Dwarf Enchanter, Gnome Wizard.

• 627 posts
    October 23, 2017 5:26 AM PDT

Ill make one of each support.

Ogra Druid got to try this :)

Elf Shaman seems like a "fun" combination. 

And the Dark Myr Cleric <3 

Also i have to try the Monk witch i might main depending on the support game play :)

• 1584 posts
    October 23, 2017 5:26 AM PDT

dwarf paladin, becuase nothing can kill a dwarf, and nothing is better than a paladin

• 626 posts
    October 23, 2017 5:27 AM PDT

Well Dark Myr Cleric is what I want, but until that is ready I'm thinking of playing around on something different. Maybe I'll try a Orc Shaman, or Halfling Ranger. Then again I might just go Human Cleric until Dark Myr is ready for me :)

• 624 posts
    October 23, 2017 5:52 AM PDT

Human bard - no, wait - halfling bard - bummer - dwarf bard - blast it all!

Archai wizard, elf shaman, dwarf enchanter, halfling warrior.  No real favorite, happy to try any combo that needs some testing love.

• 513 posts
    October 23, 2017 6:12 AM PDT

All of them.

• 1315 posts
    October 23, 2017 6:15 AM PDT

I won't be able to join you guys till beta, out of my fun budget until then, but what classes are actually considered crowd control?  Without the bard is it just the Enchanter or will the druid be as well?

• 513 posts
    October 23, 2017 6:18 AM PDT

You would need to define Crowd Control...

• 627 posts
    October 23, 2017 6:25 AM PDT
    Cc class are normally the enchanter.

But Wizard,.druid bard, shaman, maybe summoner will also have sorts of cc skills like root stuns slows fears
    • 1315 posts
    October 23, 2017 6:27 AM PDT

Nephretiti said:

You would need to define Crowd Control...

That is a very good point.  In terms of how the game works as I understand it I would define Crowd Control as the ability to prevent multiple mobs who have already been agroed and are within the engagment envelope from dealing damage.

• 170 posts
    October 23, 2017 6:30 AM PDT

Well as someone who plays a different style in each MMO he tries. I have been the puller, the tank, the healer, the ranged DPS, the melee DPS,  the crowd control and the buffer or mana battery. I will be trying each and every Race and Class until I find what feels right. Most likely since this team has a background in EQ and VG I will be concentrating on Dire Lord, Shaman, and Ranger. I played those classes in EQ and VG and Bard of course but wasn't sure if that will be ready yet.

Now, as far as a race a lot goes into that decision. I prefer to be an evil race for the challenges but do and have played good races. It comes down to Looks, the Stats for the class I have chosen, abilities that are racial, and to me most important city layout. If I can navigate the city fairly easily and it has all I want in it then THAT is my race. But as someone who has been following the game, has been pledged and waiting for a long time I have an excel spreadsheet with all my possible race/class combos with first/last names chosen and then alternates in the off change my names are taken or rejected. Let's just say I am ready.

• 9115 posts
    October 23, 2017 6:31 AM PDT

Nephretiti said:

All of them.

Great answer! :)

• 2 posts
    October 23, 2017 6:31 AM PDT
    I'm pledged for alpha, but I'd be willing to play any class/race to help. But if it were an open table I would go with an ogre or a dark myr dire lord most likely.
    • 9115 posts
    October 23, 2017 6:32 AM PDT

oneADseven said:

Kilsin said:

Would love to answer this ... any way we can get a list of the race/class combos that will be available during pre-alpha?  I'm hoping ogre warrior/ogre shaman will be available but there are a few other combos I would like to try as well, such as Archai Monk, Skar Rogue, Dark Myr Summoner, Dwarf Enchanter, Gnome Wizard.

Not yet man, but you can safely pick from the classes/races that we have already revealed to start off with :)

• 52 posts
    October 23, 2017 6:34 AM PDT

I'm guessing we'll see a limited level cap for pre alpha, with that in mind I'll be playing all available classes to whatever that cap is, provided it's possible within the time constraints of PA1. More than just a race/class combo though we'll be working to test our group compositions across the available level ranges.

This post was edited by Zaide at October 23, 2017 6:34 AM PDT
    • 12 posts
    October 23, 2017 6:37 AM PDT

I originally started playing High Elf Paladin on Povar in EQ, and was hoping to get back into the paladin role. Unfortunately, being limited to Dwarf or Human, I am not a huge fan of either so I may go Halfling Rogue/Ranger instead. If there's consideration of adding other race/role combinations, I would definitely consider going Elf Paladin.

For a brief while, I did play catfacedmeowmers Rogue in EQ1, and part of the appeal of the class was the the class locked illusion masks, making it one of the most enjoyable things to farm.

Alternatively, with pre-alpha testing comes class testing, so maybe testing something new isn't a bad idea.

Will PA have a character creation limit?

• 1785 posts
    October 23, 2017 7:11 AM PDT

I usually roll as a human or elven paladin in most games (tanking - it's what I do), so just to make things easy I will probably start off that way for testing :)

I also tend towards healers, so entirely possible I'll set up a healer of some sort as well, but will wait to see how things are going first.

• 627 posts
    October 23, 2017 7:16 AM PDT
    I have to see the sup classes, racial perks, and starting city to make my "final" choice. The Dire knight could also be very cool, I hope one of my mates will tank one, with me as healer/support.
    • 627 posts
    October 23, 2017 7:18 AM PDT
    Kilsin will you continue as a rogue or do you have some other class in mind? :)