Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

If given the chance, what would you do?

• 2886 posts
    December 22, 2016 10:05 AM PST

Pherix said:

1.  There will be no NDA applicable if they were to give you an hour to play, as they have chosen to do with Cohhcarnage.

Except Kilsin has already said there will be an NDA during pledge testing phases. Cohh's stream was under a special agreement with the devs where it was strictly pre-determined what aspects of the game would be shown. They even rehearsed it prior to going public. Not to mention the fact that Cohh is a well-established and trusted individual in the gaming community. Idk for sure, but I'd be willing to bet Cohh still had to sign some form of an NDA. Either way, if Cohh had just run off and shown an unfinished zone that they hadn't agreed upon, you better believe he'd be in big trouble. An NDA doesn't necessarily mean the game is kept a complete secret. The devs still ultimately had control over exactly how the game is presented. When the time comes for more widespread testing, basically it'll be much more practical to just lay down a blanket NDA saying "no" rather than trying to police each individual case or just letting everyone roam free and chance them wreaking havoc on the public's perception of the game before it even launches.

It's kinda a waste of time to argue semantics about a situation that's literally not even going to happen. Just giving you a heads up that there will be an NDA during pre-alpha, alpha, and closed beta.

P.S. to get back on topic: I'd try to find any possible way to get my run speed as fast as possible and then just run from zone to zone pulling as big of a train as I can get. And trying to soak in as much of the scenery as I can before I die.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at December 22, 2016 10:10 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    December 22, 2016 2:55 PM PST

dorotea said:

Assuming I could *keep* the characters I would spent the full hour creating them. I have been known to spend more time creating a character than playing her.

if it's pre-alpha testing..will probably be a few wipes before release,  don't count on keeping characters at the start. :)   Just remember they can wipe the game, but they can't wipe your mind....well, maybe Kilsin can,  watch out for the "Dream Crusher"  muhahaha.  :D

• 9115 posts
    December 22, 2016 4:05 PM PST

Folks, this was just a fun little question to get your imagination cells firing, it was a fictional 1 hour with no limits attached other than you must use a normal character with normal abilities, no NDA, no testing requirement, just a fun question to see what you would do with your hour. ;)

Testing is a whole other ballgame and will require NDA and have other restrictions and requirements attached, we will speak more on that when we are closer to the time.