Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

If given the chance, what would you do?

• 103 posts
    December 19, 2016 7:20 AM PST

TBH id probably lose track of time in character creator then come to the forums and complain about how little time we had to do anything.

lol j/k

Id probably just go exploring and maybe join a group for some dungeon runs until the time runs out. Btw is this hinting at anything? Like some pre-alpha "demo" for pledgers? Hmmm? /smirk

This post was edited by Kayo at December 19, 2016 7:23 AM PST
    • 35 posts
    December 19, 2016 7:23 AM PST

I'd play Gems for 45 minutes and then frantically try to see the world in the next 15. 

• 47 posts
    December 19, 2016 7:40 AM PST
    Definitely just run around for an hour and see everything I possibly can. For being so early the game truly looks amazing. Wild's End looks incredible and I would just want to see more of it.

Ohh and go around climbing everything I could :D
    • 9115 posts
    December 19, 2016 7:41 AM PST

Kayo said:

TBH id probably lose track of time in character creator then come to the forums and complain about how little time we had to do anything.

lol j/k

Id probably just go exploring and maybe join a group for some dungeon runs until the time runs out. Btw is this hinting at anything? Like some pre-alpha "demo" for pledgers? Hmmm? /smirk

No hinting, just a CM question out of curiosity ;)

• 6 posts
    December 19, 2016 7:46 AM PST

I would probably lose my job because I couldn't stop playing!  Haha.  Just signed up, and am so glad to be a part of this new amazing thing I have found in my life.  Wish the best of luck to the development team and creators/founds, and the best of luck to all players who dare enter the world as it evolves before us all.  Thank you so much for bringing this to us.  I am going to attempt my first login and see what goes from there.  ST GL!

• 1468 posts
    December 19, 2016 7:47 AM PST

Unfortunately the thing I am most looking forward to has very little information out about it but if it were implemented in the game at that point I'd learn as much as I possibly could about crafting in Pantheon in the short time available to me.

*Prays to the developers to have awesome crafting like in Vanguard* :D

• 118 posts
    December 19, 2016 7:50 AM PST

Surmising that my time was limited, and that I would be re-rolling at launch anyway, I would skip my typical marathon character creation ritual. Choosing, instead, to rush into the game with a druid. Once I was live I would immediately type "/who all" to see if I could recognize any familiar faces from these boards. I will especially be looking for, Raidan, Exmortis, and CanadianXegony. Raidan's contributions to the design discussions early on, where in my opinion, very valuable. I want to hi-five Exmortis and CanadianXegony in game. Among others, the three of us lobbied hard early on for crafting to be included. I really look forward to chumming with my allies in that fight. In the likely event that I don't find any of them, I shall endeavour to join any group I can find, and ding in the allotted time if I can.  -edit for spelling and fixing the wrong command

This post was edited by CelevinMoongleam at December 19, 2016 4:24 PM PST
    • 7 posts
    December 19, 2016 7:51 AM PST
    I would most likely gather a bunch of friends and run around and see what we can handle and what trouble we can get into.. And do it again..
    • 626 posts
    December 19, 2016 8:02 AM PST

Climb to the highest peak I could find and take a picture of Terminus for my Desktop background. :)

• 166 posts
    December 19, 2016 9:09 AM PST

I would use this short timeframe of one hour to find something out about the game features we have not already seen in one of the streams.

Especially I would try to find something out about the professions in the game and how the crafting works.

If there are no other features yet implemented in the game, then I would just walk around and see what the perception system is offering to do.

• 319 posts
    December 19, 2016 9:13 AM PST

I would most definately spend the first 15-20 mins exploring the char creation just to check out all the different choices I would have.

Then I would spend the rest of my time exploring the newbie world for my favorite character. To see what lies in store for me. Then if I had a chance I would enter the first dungeon I come across to see how My computer handles the action and if my character can handle the action. Gee, I think maybe I used up my whole hour in 10 mins. Does not seem like enough time for much. Can you expand it for a couple more hours?? I know I sound greedy but it is just so exciting to think of getting in for an hour.

• 47 posts
    December 19, 2016 10:37 AM PST

Saicred said:

Climb to the highest peak I could find and take a picture of Terminus for my Desktop background. :)

I'm with you on this...then jump off and do my first corpse run :D

• 62 posts
    December 19, 2016 10:48 AM PST

Create a character with no hair. Mostly it takes me an hour to create my character so that is all i would do :) Maybe run around for 5 - 10 minutes in the world.

• 220 posts
    December 19, 2016 11:11 AM PST

1. 5 minutes- find a gnome to punt

2. 40 minutes- find a library, read all the lore yet to be released. tell noone! 

3. 15 minutes- Recruit every single player currectly playing the game to wilds end for lvl 1 raid to see how long it takes to crash the zone

• 100 posts
    December 19, 2016 11:12 AM PST
    Oh man if i had the chance to log into pantheon for 1 hour i would surely go and explore the world, see if i could break stuff to test the game tbh.
    • 77 posts
    December 19, 2016 11:23 AM PST

I would be dwarf, and I would bring my awesome to everywhere I could see, and toast all the other dwarves in there with me.

And if they have any hidden crafting in game I would make the finest smithing items in all of the land, and sell for ridiculous low prices like a pint of ale.

This post was edited by Nolvu at December 19, 2016 11:37 AM PST
    • 188 posts
    December 19, 2016 11:28 AM PST

Run.  There's no real value in playing EQ now except for nostalgia and to see some old things for the first time in a long while.  I can't reasonably play Vanguard any longer, but I have memories of places that would be cool to see again.  More than anything else, it's the places in these games that have stuck with me over the years.  So the first thing I would do, if I knew that I wasn't working towards any type of progression, would be to run around and see what those outdoor zones looked like and what stuck out to me most... what was going to become the next memorable locale in game.

• 62 posts
    December 19, 2016 11:33 AM PST

I would probably attempt to play a few classes and race and explore the world! Then I would attempt to bribe Kilsin in letting me slip past the 1 hour deadline

• 511 posts
    December 19, 2016 12:11 PM PST

1 hour? I would still be deciding what Class, Race and how my character would look!

• 8 posts
    December 19, 2016 12:14 PM PST

The absolute first thing I would do with my hour of gameplay would be to make characters that have all of my friend's names that they always use, and then snapchat screenshots to them.  I would then tell them that they must have missed the E-mail inviting them into the beta, and to look through their spam.  And finally, once they realized what happened, in my best emperor voice, I would tell them to, "Let your hate make you POWERFUL!" 

(I mean, if we are being honest here...)

This post was edited by Pherix at December 19, 2016 12:17 PM PST
    • 1095 posts
    December 19, 2016 12:17 PM PST

Pherix said:

The absolute first thing I would do with my hour of gameplay would be to make characters that have all of my friend's names that they always use, and then snapchat screenshots to them.  I would then tell them that they must have missed the E-mail inviting them into the beta, and to look through their spam.  And finally, once they realized what happened, in my best emperor voice, I would tell them to, "Let your hate make you POWERFUL!" 

(I mean, if we are being honest here...)

Then you break NDA given there is one.

This post was edited by Aich at December 19, 2016 12:22 PM PST
    • 8 posts
    December 19, 2016 12:26 PM PST

Aich said:

Was a joke, calm down.

• 763 posts
    December 19, 2016 12:39 PM PST

Aich said:

1. The 1st Rule of NDA is don't talk about the NDA

2. The 2nd Rule of NDA is don't talk about the NDA

3. The 3rd Rule of NDA is you only get an hour

... oops, did I just break the 1st and 2nd rule?

• 249 posts
    December 19, 2016 12:42 PM PST

Id train Kilsin ;)

After exploring Thronefast or Wilds End

• 49 posts
    December 19, 2016 1:59 PM PST

I would log in and create a dwarf cleric - or any dwarven class combo that was allowed.  First thing I would do post creation would be to talk to as many folks in the spawn point or home city to get some background on the area and its people.