Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

If given the chance, what would you do?

• 1618 posts
    December 19, 2016 2:03 PM PST

I do not think I could spend less than an hour in character creation, at least the first time.

• 668 posts
    December 19, 2016 2:31 PM PST

So weird, could have sworn I answered this already...

I would just log in where it sends me and start wandering around, taking in all the landmark features and think "wow, someone programmed this amazing world!"

Then I am sure I would probably spend the other time screwing around with my UI so that I get a great idea of how I want it during testing, and also try and find new friends to party with during testing as well...

• 1095 posts
    December 19, 2016 2:46 PM PST

Pherix said:

Was a joke, calm down.

Pherix said:

(I mean, if we are being honest here...)

Yeah no, you would of done the exact thing you said.

Cool story tho.

• 1778 posts
    December 19, 2016 2:49 PM PST
    Solve world hunger....... err wait........ get lost in character creation
    • 279 posts
    December 19, 2016 3:01 PM PST

Spell out my name in corpses. 

• 24 posts
    December 19, 2016 3:08 PM PST

Sooo much time in character creation, feet hit the ground for the first time ... figure out what attacks and hit the first hittable thing moving. Followed by shouting in channel " HELLO WORLD .. I HAVE ARRIVED " and yes do it in caps.

This post was edited by Sneed at December 19, 2016 3:09 PM PST
    • 1618 posts
    December 19, 2016 3:15 PM PST

Pantz said:

Spell out my name in corpses. 

Best answer so far.

• 24 posts
    December 19, 2016 3:19 PM PST

Saicred said:

Climb to the highest peak I could find and take a picture of Terminus for my Desktop background. :)

Great idea!

• 1095 posts
    December 19, 2016 3:26 PM PST

CreepySneed said:

Saicred said:

Climb to the highest peak I could find and take a picture of Terminus for my Desktop background. :)

Great idea!

Keep in mind any information(screenshot) that is removed(digital information* all information) from the game under a NDA you cannot do including desktop wallpapers as others not under NDA may see it.

legal aside, love to see the love for this game. Everyday I smile more.

This post was edited by Aich at December 19, 2016 3:29 PM PST
    • 363 posts
    December 19, 2016 4:08 PM PST

Kilsin said:

After watching the latest stream and if given the chance to jump into Pantheon right now for 1 hour, where would you go and what would you do?

I would fine Aradune, challenge him to a duel, and then revel in the glory of being the first to fall to the mighty Fiery Avenger!...

...or I would simply kick his butt. Either way works.....

• 264 posts
    December 19, 2016 4:16 PM PST

Go fishing, Catch a rusty sword, drop it on the ground showing which way is north, Go north, Avoid Ill Watcher, Convince Tel'Nharssis to teach me to speak Drak'Elrin, learn to play Syn'Vhaerulythe's fanatical opus, quickly gate back to town, run out into the newbie yard and impress chicks.

• 1095 posts
    December 19, 2016 4:20 PM PST

Skycaster said:

Go fishing, Catch a rusty sword, drop it on the ground showing which way is north, Go north, Avoid Ill Watcher, Convince Tel'Nharssis to teach me to speak Drak'Elrin, learn to play Syn'Vhaerulythe's fanatical opus, quickly gate back to town, run out into the newbie yard and impress chicks.

Invisble is the eye, spy is I.

• 264 posts
    December 19, 2016 4:37 PM PST

Aich said:

Skycaster said:

Invisble is the eye, spy is I.

Around him eminated a distortion, not unlike an extreme heat. It made the moon itself seem to shake. His arms were folded and he stared down at me, unflinching. Yet the Q never saw me and I ran to impress the chicks in the Newbie Yard.

This post was edited by Skycaster at December 19, 2016 5:19 PM PST
    • 2138 posts
    December 19, 2016 5:08 PM PST

lyrina said:

Exploring the (Starting-)Village and the surrounding arround it, to get familiar with the location. Along with that, i would try to talk to all NPCs in/at the village. I guess, that will take longer then one hour, but thats, what i would love to do :).

Same here. And maybe seeing other people like me wandering around and learning things and asking them what they saw and showing them what I learned and finding out how that quest might end up, and if we'll have enough coin to buy real food, or even maybe make some from the dregs of the wildlife near town.

• 27 posts
    December 19, 2016 7:23 PM PST

i would search for gnomes

• 3 posts
    December 19, 2016 8:54 PM PST

try to get a feel for the world, and more importantly fight something until oom and then /sit look around and smile

• 89 posts
    December 20, 2016 7:06 AM PST

Jakeman said:

Very puntable. 

• 8 posts
    December 20, 2016 2:10 PM PST

Aich said:

Yeah no, you would of done the exact thing you said.

Cool story tho.

Ok, let me apply some logic for you, since it escapes you.  This is a hypothetical situation.  When you present a hypothetical situation, you are responsible for defining the parameters of said situation if you are asking for a response.  There was no mention of an NDA in the setup for this situation.  You even qualified it with "given there is one".  So, there exists any range of possibilites, all of which are valid, with the given circumstances.  Now, since we have already had a non-employee play this game, and stream it on Twitch.tv, it is logical to assume one of two things:

1.  There will be no NDA applicable if they were to give you an hour to play, as they have chosen to do with Cohhcarnage.

2.  This hour that we would be given would be given to us at a time where there would be no NDA applicable.

And to your response of, "Yeah no, you would of done the exact thing you said.", when did I say that I would NOT do those things?  Please post the quote as you apparently love to do where I said I would NOT do those things.  I simply said that it was a joke and calm down, because rather than read my response and accept thats what I would do for my hour (the purpose of this question), you decided to appoint yourself the NDA police, and inform me that my choice would violate some rule in this, once again, hypothetical situation.

So I guess what I would like to know is how did your post answer the OP's question, or in any way contribute to this thread, or its intent?  Unless, of course, you are an employee, and are clarifying the question, and giving me a warning, which I doubt.

Even cooler story, bro.

This post was edited by Pherix at December 20, 2016 2:23 PM PST
    • 3016 posts
    December 20, 2016 3:15 PM PST

Kilsin said:

After watching the latest stream and if given the chance to jump into Pantheon right now for 1 hour, where would you go and what would you do?

First off..determine if there are any instructions from the Dev Team on what they'd like tested,  if there were no instructions I would set to making a character..preferably one of the more intriguing ones,  like the Dark Myr,   or the new gnomes, or perhaps Summoner class.     Once done I would get out into the world and see if there is a chat where I can yatter at people.  While I am doing that I am already moving around in the "newbie area"  exploring to see what dangers are there.    Check out my inventory and see if there's something to equip,  food and drink,  and any spells etc I can set up.   Then spend the rest of my hour..figuring out how to get out of level one :D One more thing I always try to get out of newbie territory pretty quick..avoid the crowd.   By that time I should have met a couple or three people to do stuff with. :)    Will be waiting for my first "fall through the world"  to report :D

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at December 20, 2016 3:21 PM PST
    • 3016 posts
    December 20, 2016 3:22 PM PST

Jakeman said:

Eek!!

• 264 posts
    December 20, 2016 3:43 PM PST

Jakeman said:

I hear tell that in the world of Terminus they pronounce the G . Isn't that veird !

• 27 posts
    December 20, 2016 7:16 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

Jakeman said:

Eek!!

gnomes like candy

• 3016 posts
    December 20, 2016 8:58 PM PST

Jakeman said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Jakeman said:

Eek!!

gnomes like candy

My gnomish mother taught me never to take candy from strangers :P 

• 521 posts
    December 22, 2016 5:41 AM PST

Id probably spent the entire hour in the character creater just playing with the customization features.

• 3852 posts
    December 22, 2016 7:01 AM PST

Assuming I could *keep* the characters I would spent the full hour creating them. I have been known to spend more time creating a character than playing her.