Forums » Community Sites

Pantheon Crafters - Fan Site

• 1925 posts
    June 7, 2017 2:13 PM PDT

That's great, thank you. I expected that it would be possible to turn off display of my age, but just wanted some confirmation before going ahead. I just registered now without problems, and your changes worked. I was defaulted to not showing b-day or age.

Looking forward to crafty adventures ahead!

• 1468 posts
    June 7, 2017 2:21 PM PDT

Jothany said:

That's great, thank you. I expected that it would be possible to turn off display of my age, but just wanted some confirmation before going ahead. I just registered now without problems, and your changes worked. I was defaulted to not showing b-day or age.

Looking forward to crafty adventures ahead!

Cool :). Glad it worked. There are so many options in the forum admin panel that setting everything correctly can be a bit of a pain. Thankfully it worked OK. As I said though for anyone who joined before I made the change it won't change your settings so you have to go the user control panel to change the settings on a per user basis.

I certainly look forward to discussing things with the community when more information is released about crafting :).

• 1468 posts
    June 27, 2017 7:55 PM PDT

Just updated the forum to the latest version and installed a new forum style with a new logo. Check out the site to see it in action.

You might need to do a force refresh to see the updated logo. Press Ctrl + F5 to do one and it should load the latest version of the site.

Edit: If you are wondering why there is a hammer and a sickle in the logo it is because the hammer and sickle was the logo of Soviet era Communism and represented the workers. Seeing as crafters are the proletariat in Pantheon I thought it fit in with the sites theme.

This post was edited by Cromulent at June 27, 2017 8:18 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    June 27, 2017 10:12 PM PDT

Looking really good mate! :)

• 1925 posts
    June 28, 2017 12:24 PM PDT

Looks great!

Now if we'd just get some crafting info to chat about there....

*nudges Kilsin in the ribs*

• 9115 posts
    June 28, 2017 5:36 PM PDT

Jothany said:

Looks great!

Now if we'd just get some crafting info to chat about there....

*nudges Kilsin in the ribs*

I'm working on it my friend ;)

• 1468 posts
    July 22, 2017 7:23 AM PDT

Just a quick update. I upgraded the server that all of my websites run on today (including Pantheon Crafters). The server now has more RAM and more CPU cores to run the websites so it should feel faster and be able to cope with increased load across all of my websites. Plus more hard drive space in case I install a photo gallery on Pantheon Crafters when the game is not under NDA (which I am thinking of doing).

• 1468 posts
    September 11, 2017 3:21 PM PDT

Hi all. Pantheon Crafters is still going strong it is just things are a bit quiet at the moment while we all wait for new news on crafting in Pantheon to be released.

In the meantime I have created a Discord server for Pantheon Crafters where people can discuss everything about Pantheon but with an emphasis on crafting. To join it all you need to do is click this link:

https://discord.gg/W2AaVpF

• 1468 posts
    December 4, 2017 7:02 AM PST

I've updated the logo on Pantheon Crafters to not look so stupid.

I have no idea why I thought the other logo was a good idea so I have to apologise for that. I guess I was just being stupid as usual.

To make sure you have the latest version of the site loaded you might have to press Ctrl F5 to force refresh your browser for the whole website.

• 1925 posts
    December 4, 2017 12:53 PM PST

I thought the old logo was fine, and a very apt symbol for crafting. That said, I'm sure some percentage of people would be uncomfortable with it's resemblance to the Russian national icon. So avoiding unnecessary controversy (especially in today's highly fractious culture) is really hard to argue against :)

I think the new look is great. And hey, I change my desktop regularly just because I get tired of looking at the same image. It's your forum, no reason not to change it whenever you wish, for the same reason or any other.

• 1468 posts
    December 8, 2017 10:26 AM PST

There may be a slight issue when it comes to Pantheon Crafters sending email over the next 24 hours or so. I had to change my DNS records and had to remove the current SPF record to get the domain verified for Office 365. The DNS is fixed now but it can take up to 24 hours for caches to refresh so just bear that in mind.

In other news I have also enabled Facebook and Twitter integration so you can now sign up using your Facebook or Twitter account as well as like and tweet content on Pantheon Crafters.

• 1468 posts
    December 9, 2017 6:22 AM PST

I've started a poll on Pantheon Crafters asking if people would like an email once month (or maybe a little bit more often if there is enough news to warrent it) about everything that has been going on in the crafting community (discussions mainly in a short concise manner with links to the original discussion).

If you could vote on it I'll see if it is something that people would like to see.

https://www.pantheoncrafters.com/threads/would-you-like-to-get-a-newsletter-from-pantheon-crafters.70/

• 1468 posts
    January 21, 2018 2:28 PM PST

Just a quick notice to everyone that the Pantheon Crafters website might be down for 72 hours or so this week. I'll be moving the website to a new server and it depends on how fast your ISPs DNS servers update the IP address for the website. It might be a lot less than 72 hours but in the worst case scenario expect the down time to be 72 hours.

• 1785 posts
    January 22, 2018 9:25 AM PST

Thanks for the heads up on that :)

• 1468 posts
    January 22, 2018 9:57 AM PST

Nephele said:

Thanks for the heads up on that :)

The website has now been moved and is working correctly but you might have to wait for DNS to update before you can access the website again.

This might take as long as 48 hours but it should be much sooner. But the website is now online and working so it is just a case of waiting for the time being.

• 556 posts
    January 29, 2018 8:58 PM PST

Crom I know we are still a little ways off from alpha but I'm planning my testing/information gathering. Have you guys gotten approval to post info to the fan sites from VR during testing? Behind closed doors of course. Just wondering if i will be keeping my own notes or I'll be able to post them somewhere for launch/NDA drop

• 1468 posts
    January 30, 2018 7:21 AM PST

Enitzu said:

Crom I know we are still a little ways off from alpha but I'm planning my testing/information gathering. Have you guys gotten approval to post info to the fan sites from VR during testing? Behind closed doors of course. Just wondering if i will be keeping my own notes or I'll be able to post them somewhere for launch/NDA drop

I did have a wiki set up for Pantheon Crafters for just such a purpose but in order to comply with NDAs I removed it. There was no information on it but I didn't want to cause any problems for Visionary Realms in the way of leaks even if the possibility was very small.

I'd certainly love to be able to post more information as time goes on and we get nearer to launch but at the moment I'm respecting Visionary Realms wishes when it comes to releasing information.

If anything changes I'll be sure to make a post in this thread and let everyone know everything that I am allowed to disclose to the public.

• 556 posts
    February 1, 2018 8:32 AM PST

I didn't mean "post to the public" I was more thinking of like having a hidden section that approved people could post to that remained hidden from the public until the NDA was released then it could be made public. Violating the NDA isn't an option of course but if we could build the site during testing and only publish it after the NDA is removed that would be awesome.

This post was edited by Enitzu at February 1, 2018 8:33 AM PST
    • 2886 posts
    February 1, 2018 9:30 AM PST

Enitzu said:

I didn't mean "post to the public" I was more thinking of like having a hidden section that approved people could post to that remained hidden from the public until the NDA was released then it could be made public. Violating the NDA isn't an option of course but if we could build the site during testing and only publish it after the NDA is removed that would be awesome.

It is still against NDA to discuss any content under NDA on any platform other than official VR forums, even if the only people that access it have signed the NDA. For security purposes and to better manage the flow of information, VR has to contol the platform.

• 556 posts
    February 2, 2018 9:25 AM PST

Bazgrim said:

Enitzu said:

It is still against NDA to discuss any content under NDA on any platform other than official VR forums, even if the only people that access it have signed the NDA. For security purposes and to better manage the flow of information, VR has to contol the platform.

This is why I asked if they were allowing it. Many games have in testing, some did not. I have not signed the NDA yet so I was not sure if they were planning to allow it or not. It's fine either way just easier to add to a database during testing rather than post launch. 

• 1468 posts
    February 8, 2018 2:12 PM PST

I've just performed a massive upgrade on Pantheon Crafters. It might look the same but it is now running Xenforo 2.0 instead of 1.5 and that brings with it a whole host of new features. If you are interested you can see the list here:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/whats-new-in-xenforo-2-0.133426/

It also came with an updated version of the Resource Manager addon which should solve a couple of issues I was having with it.

It is unlikely that you will notice much of a difference as a user but if you explore a bit there are a load of new things you can do on the forums now.

Enjoy!

• 1468 posts
    April 3, 2018 9:54 AM PDT

Another site upgrade has been done. Lots of bugs fixed and some problems in the theme have also been fixed. No changes in the style of the site have been made though.

• 1925 posts
    April 3, 2018 1:27 PM PDT

Looking great! I really like how I can open/close sections. I haven't been on a lot of forums that worked like that, it saves me from opening a bunch of tabs all at once.

• 1468 posts
    June 7, 2018 12:13 PM PDT

I spent some time in hospital recently and have only just got around to sorting out Pantheon Crafters. I'm very sorry for all the spam that was on the forum. The spam has now been deleted and all the users banned.

I have some plans for getting the site back up and running in the future, but it'll take me a couple of weeks to get around to it. Bear with me in the meantime.

• 1785 posts
    June 20, 2018 12:19 PM PDT

Hey everyone!

After chatting with Cromulent some, I am going to be joining the administrative staff for Pantheon Crafters to help him out a bit. As you might have heard, he has had some things he has been dealing with and he hasn't been able to be as active as he wanted. So, I am going to be helping him out by taking on some of the work of building and maintaining the community. Don't worry though, Cromulent is still around!  This change will let him focus more on the technical side of running the site, and I will be assisting him with some of the less technical aspects.  

Anyway, Cromulent and I wanted to give you a heads up about some changes coming to Pantheon Crafters in the near future. The goal of these changes is to help get the site ready for when Pantheon enters Alpha and Beta, and also to help us build a more active community of crafters and friends both in these forums and on the site. Here is a brief list of what is planned:

1) We are going to be doing some streamlining and consolidation on the site's forums, to make it so that you don't need to click around quite so much to get to the good discussions. We always have the option to break things out later if an individual forum gets too busy, but we want the site and the forums to be easy to use. These changes should be happening this week so if things look different next time you visit the site, that's what's going on.

2) Along with the forum changes we are working on some forum titles and trophies to help recognize people who contribute a lot to the crafting community. The first bits of that should be in place sometime this week so if you are a registered user you may start to notice some of them over time.

3) One of the big things that we want the site to be is a resource for people just getting started with crafting in Pantheon. With that in mind, we are going to build out a special section of the site where community members will be able to post guides to help their fellow crafters out. The back end for this is already in place, so we just have to do some configuration work to get it ready. It will definitely be ready in time for Alpha, although we will still be complying with the terms of any NDA put in place by VR.

4) We are working out the details of adding a front page to the site with a new/blog style. There's some technical stuff we have to do to make this work, so it may take a little while before it shows up, but the idea is that we want visitors to the site to see news about the game, or featured discussions from the community, right up front - instead of just getting dumped into the forums.

5) For Pantheon's Beta, we are planning on having the wiki module ready to go. This will allow the community to help us build out a knowledge base of recipes, materials, crafting quests, and any other information that might help a crafter day to day at launch. The idea is that if you aren't able to remember which version of salamander gland you need to make that fireball scroll, or where the heck goblinroot can be harvested on Terminus, you'll be able to reference the wiki to help figure it out. Our goal is to have this feature in place for Beta, but we'll adjust as needed depending on how things change as Pantheon continues to get closer to release.

I hope this all sounds good and exciting to everyone! If you have feedback or questions, feel free to let us know :)