Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

For you Alpha donaters...

• 43 posts
    April 4, 2016 11:10 AM PDT

Currently playing Dragon Age: Inquisition while waiting for Alpha.

I played EQ from release and almost 5 years straight. I will be testing using some type of healer class as soon as it lets me in.

I'll see you all there!

• 21 posts
    April 4, 2016 1:19 PM PDT

I'm currently playing FFXIV on Excalibur server and doing a weekly podcast about that. I played xiv since 1.0 Beta and while it is a very good game I do find there are some things I liked from XI and other older MMOs.

I just heard about Pantheon today on the Zam forums and everything looks like what I have been wating in a MMO for a while now. I used to play EQ, FFXI, WoW, Aion, AoC and a bunch more I can't even remember. FFXI for like 6 years. Everyone keeps saying that this kind of MMO has gone out of favor but I also find more and more people who miss the old games.

This post was edited by Yelta at April 4, 2016 1:25 PM PDT
    • 2 posts
    April 6, 2016 8:37 AM PDT

Hi,

Since my EQ days have been over, I played some Lineage 2, World of Warcraft and some side games here and there.

Being a big fan of Luclin and Planes of Power, I decided to start fresh on P2002, yesterday! (equivalent of P1999 but will be locked  at PoP).

Enchanter / Cleric duo if anyone interested in starting some EQ till Pantheon Alphas/Betas.

See you in game.

• 10 posts
    April 6, 2016 9:26 AM PDT

I don't play anything at the moment - I can't find anything that catches my interest.

I did think of having a tinker on DAoC again for a laugh but I ditched the boxes etc long ago so I don't know my serials. Their support people are useless and Im sure as hell not buying it again!

If anyone wants to chat let me know and I'll make an IRC chatroom, or we could use Skype I guess!

• 163 posts
    April 6, 2016 9:52 AM PDT

Drbeefz said:

I decided to start fresh on P2002, yesterday! (equivalent of P1999 but will be locked  at PoP).

What sort of server population does that have?

• 93 posts
    April 6, 2016 11:07 AM PDT

I've been playing a little stronghold crusader lately, no MMO's worth playing really so falling back to the rts.

• 37 posts
    April 6, 2016 7:20 PM PDT

Currently playing Shroud of the Avatar, Black Desert, and The Division.

• 25 posts
    April 9, 2016 10:41 AM PDT

doing BDO for the time been. Waiting for Pantheon.

• 15 posts
    April 9, 2016 11:17 AM PDT

Playing nothing at the moment. Working on a second bachelors right now while I wait for this project to come to fruition!

• 72 posts
    April 9, 2016 11:25 AM PDT
    Unfortunately POE got stale again really quick so I'm doing another run through of Witcher 3. Sad that there is so little out there to help pass the time =/
    • 149 posts
    April 9, 2016 3:16 PM PDT

I have a guild on the US Megaserver for PC in The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited! That is where I will be until I can test. I of coarse am active in the Saga of Lucimia community as well though that game is in the same time line as Pantheon.

• 131 posts
    April 9, 2016 7:33 PM PDT

Not currently playing anything.  Had enough of the "dash to the end without saying a word" type of crapola that has come down the pike in the past few years.  Am a Norrathian at heart....hoping Terminus will be a real home!

I do build some in Landmark but......meh.

Will be playing an Enchanter when we get in!  Best.....class....ever....!  That being said....WTB a meat shield and some heals =)

This post was edited by MINX at April 9, 2016 7:34 PM PDT
    • 1468 posts
    April 10, 2016 5:49 AM PDT

Aggelos said:

I have a guild on the US Megaserver for PC in The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited! That is where I will be until I can test. I of coarse am active in the Saga of Lucimia community as well though that game is in the same time line as Pantheon.

I'm playing on the EU mega server to give myself something to do while I wait. Probably won't join a guild though as I don't want any commitments because I'll be leaving as soon as Pantheon enters testing.

• 24 posts
    April 10, 2016 8:23 AM PDT

Thinking about starting up on Phinigel while I wait myself. I probably won't be seriously hardcore here unlike how I was in EQ1 (Was in Realm of Insanity, Stromm/IC, Xegony). No point in making my worklife hell due to lack of sleep for a game I probably won't be playing long.

Main issue for me is what class to play. Was a cleric on Xegony, and a Necromancer on Stromm. Will probably try some other class for this server.

Edit: Bah.. I think I'll just go cleric again. I actually started a Wizard, Lochaber. Didn't see the point of playing a class again (cleric) that I'll never top again on the experience of it.

This post was edited by Lochaber at April 10, 2016 9:35 PM PDT
    • 34 posts
    April 10, 2016 6:01 PM PDT

Don't do near as much gaming as I used to but trying to get myself back into it more but keep getting distracted by programming or other interests. Currently running around in Minecraft most often and sometimes GTA V (XBox). Manage to pop into Opensim when I can, usually on OSGrid or developer meetings/chat.

Drbeefz said:

Being a big fan of Luclin and Planes of Power, I decided to start fresh on P2002, yesterday! (equivalent of P1999 but will be locked  at PoP).

Did not even know that was a thing, will have to give it a try. Came from EQMac and have missed it, even though I didn't get to play it that frequently in later years.

• 148 posts
    April 10, 2016 7:19 PM PDT

OtakuMegane said:

Did not even know that was a thing, will have to give it a try. Came from EQMac and have missed it, even though I didn't get to play it that frequently in later years.

Project 2002 is made to emulate EQMac 

• 65 posts
    April 10, 2016 7:29 PM PDT
    I have barely gamed at all in a long time. I think EQ killed gaming for me. No other game has ever been able to catch me like it did. I did Wow for a couple years but it sucks. Played some cod and some heroes of the storm but they just don't catch my attention for long.

I started up a fresh toon on p99 last week though and it's been a lot of fun so far.
    • 11 posts
    April 25, 2016 12:41 PM PDT

A bunch of people just started on P99 like a week ago, we got a guild going we started from talking in the pantheon discord server.

• 613 posts
    April 25, 2016 12:51 PM PDT

Playing Landmark still.  It is really getting harder to stay there.  The game has been overrun by the people that like "shiney" stuff.  There are so many bugs now its scary.  I also play GW2 and may fall back there for a bit.  I know Alpha is coiming but man I hate this waiting part. 

Ox

• 38 posts
    January 4, 2017 2:22 PM PST

I'm on p2002 server at the moment, they are about to implement Luclin soon, should make alpha waiting better

-W

• 1860 posts
    January 4, 2017 2:43 PM PST

I started playing P99 a couple months ago but it just isn't holding my attention.  As someone who played EQ during those times it feels a lot like I have been there and done that.  I am the kind of person who is either all in or I'm not going to waste my time.  I don't have the incentive to really play if I am just playing to kill time while I wait for Pantheon.

Soo...not playing anything.  But I would log in to an emu server and talk about Pantheon hah.

This post was edited by philo at January 4, 2017 2:45 PM PST
    • 144 posts
    January 4, 2017 2:52 PM PST

I'm not playing any MMO's atm either, and am happily and patiently waiting for Pantheon alpha. Cannot wait for that Alpha! I was on P99 for a long time, but that server end-game is just not quite my flavor in life at the moment, and raids seemed to be taking WAY too long due to ppl afk, texting, or for whatever reason

Mostly just playing Teamfortress 2 for @$#%s and giggles, and some CS:GO to keep my FPS skills from fading right now.

I would suggest that if you see postings you like from a player and seem to have like minds, throw them a friend invite? I'm learning volumes about people by reading their posts and their interactions with each other. I will admit that in-game is a bit different with regards to getting to know a player though, just because ppl get along on a forum doesn't mean they will be famously compatible in-game and in groups

Classes? Tough call, I'm mostly interested in summoner, wizard, enchanter, cleric, and a few others that I will wait to see what happens with them and mostly only play them to understand their mechanics better in groups etc

• 1618 posts
    January 4, 2017 3:35 PM PST

Nothing. Trying to lose some weight before pre-alpha. Spending time with the kids. Sucking up to the wife to earn more gaming hours at release.

And of course, the forums. If I can't play the game, might as well discuss it. Will be much more enjoyable when we have actual information to argue about.

• 2130 posts
    January 4, 2017 3:41 PM PST

picks86 said:

raiding in AoS on EQ's Phinny server.

The first rule of Fight Club is...

In all seriousness, same. Nothing left in MMOs for me except Phinny.

This post was edited by Liav at January 4, 2017 3:41 PM PST
    • 1618 posts
    January 4, 2017 3:46 PM PST

Wife and I may try Phimy.