Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

For you Alpha donaters...

• 70 posts
    March 28, 2016 7:57 AM PDT

Currently I am playing EQ for the first time.  I just have a free account, but enjoying it alot.  I missed it when it was around in the early days and kicking myself a bit as I play it now, thinking I should have given it a chance haha...I went straight to EQ2 after UO.

I also play Shroud of the Avatar, Neverwinter Nights Diamond, and EQ2 a bit.  Just waiting and waiting mostly :)

• 85 posts
    March 28, 2016 8:12 AM PDT

I'll be checking out Tree of Savior (Int.) when it launches tomorrow, played a bit of the closed beta test 2 and enjoyed it. It's a more relaxed type of MMO and playable with a controller, very similar to Ragnorok Online (apparently a spiritual successor). Tried out BDO recently, enjoyable but it feels like a single player experience with lots of other people running around in your world, no 1:1 trading, limited group content or even a need for a group makes it burn out very quick.

Otherwise, I'm waiting with bated breath to sink my teeth into the Pantheon alpha.

This post was edited by Endalmir at March 28, 2016 8:14 AM PDT
    • 71 posts
    March 28, 2016 8:34 AM PDT

All this excitment got me looking into P1999 to hold me over.

However, I decided to use that money I would have spent, cancelled some subscriptions on exisitng games I no longer play and use that money to upgrade my pledge here.

I get a boost to my Pledge and VR gets more plat to help the game along. Or, at least go out for a good lunch.

• 109 posts
    March 28, 2016 9:07 AM PDT

Currently playing guildless on Phinigel the EQ TLP server and loving it. For the most part it's a genuine recreation of the early days so far, of course theres some differences but by and large it's scratching that old school itch.

Griss - 53 Monk

Garmr - 33 SK

Imvi - 15 Cleric

• 148 posts
    March 28, 2016 7:22 PM PDT

Lakland said:

All this excitment got me looking into P1999 to hold me over.

However, I decided to use that money I would have spent, cancelled some subscriptions on exisitng games I no longer play and use that money to upgrade my pledge here.

I get a boost to my Pledge and VR gets more plat to help the game along. Or, at least go out for a good lunch.

Project 1999 is free. So you can save the subscription cost, upgrade your pledge, and play old EQ

• 47 posts
    March 28, 2016 8:09 PM PDT

Same thing, sort of in a holding patter. BDO sucked, now I'm debating rolling a character on the EQ2 TLE server. I haven't played EQ in so long I'm scared to jump back in there, lol! Would love to join some people and play in a game until alpha starts though. 

• 180 posts
    March 28, 2016 8:55 PM PDT

Project 99 makes me look forward to Pantheon.  This is the first time I've played EQ since 2002.  After playing VG, I wouldn't want to see just a clone of EQ. I enjoyed  melee combat in VG a lot more than I am P99.

• 163 posts
    March 29, 2016 4:43 AM PDT

Baldrith said:

Currently I am playing EQ for the first time.  I just have a free account, but enjoying it alot.

EQ has changed drastically since it's original release. (At least it had when I left in 2009). While some of the features were neat as EQ aged, it definitely wasn't the same. I highly recommend Project 99 for a better first time experience. I played P99 for about 1 year and really enjoyed it. It's free.

• 67 posts
    March 29, 2016 9:55 AM PDT

Pretty much playing some FFXIV, doing some small 3D modeling projects, etc.

In XIV, I'm on the Couerl server. Going to be starting up a new FC tonight - just going to be myself and some friends/family to start. Don't plan on growing it too big, though - too much drama and cliquey-ness in large guilds, in my experience. Going to keep it small and "cozy".  I don't imagine us having more than ~20 members, at most.

• 8 posts
    March 29, 2016 9:59 AM PDT

I was playing EVE for a long time but finally have gotten tired of not having a real avatar. I am now dabbling in Project 1999 and having a blast.

• 232 posts
    March 29, 2016 10:15 AM PDT

I've been playing EQ on Phinny server.  Currently playing an enchanter named Nucleus.

• 2 posts
    March 29, 2016 12:37 PM PDT

P99 here again, want that feeling again until alpha comes.

• 20 posts
    March 29, 2016 1:33 PM PDT

I've mostly been playing The Witcher 3 recently. I was playing Archeage for a while, but once it truely became pay2win, I lost interest.

If anyone wants to start up an Alpha guild, I'd gladly join and post on some forums. I joined a guild prior to EQ2 beta and I think I may have had more fun before the game launched than after, heh.

This post was edited by Brandus at March 29, 2016 1:34 PM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    March 29, 2016 3:43 PM PDT

EQ Xegony server...but have been lax lately real life takes over sometimes.    Can't seem to sit still for anything but Pantheon right now...hope alpha testing is looming within the next months.  :)

• 16 posts
    March 30, 2016 7:51 PM PDT

No MMOS for me until Pantheon. I'm trying to get platinum trophy in Dark Souls 2 and playing Salt and Sanctuary until Dark souls 3 comes out. 

• 16 posts
    March 31, 2016 10:43 AM PDT

I'm playing EQ on the P99 server, dabbling in Black Desert Online and playing a single player turn-based RPG, Hard West. EQ is fun, but it'd be nice to have more people to play with.

• 7 posts
    March 31, 2016 7:46 PM PDT

Ive taken a couple year brake from gaming as ive been letdown by most games on the market. Though i might start playing some EQ and or Rift again as those are the only games with good raid content on the market. 

• 1714 posts
    March 31, 2016 8:36 PM PDT

ToS is an absolute disaster right now. 

• 383 posts
    March 31, 2016 8:59 PM PDT

Today I was playing Asheron's Call 1 and I took a look at AC2 yesterday. Brings back a lot of memories as p1999 did when my wife and I first played that.

The AC server in the noobie areas was pretty bare, though I forgot so much of the game it was like a totally new game to me lol. Probably will continue to explore around for a few weeks at least.

• 1468 posts
    April 1, 2016 5:07 AM PDT

I actually picked up The Elder Scrolls Online the other day for £14 on Amazon. It isn't great but as I really enjoyed the single player elder scrolls games I thought I'd give it a shot. As long as it keeps me occupied until pre-alpha starts I'll be happy. I haven't played an MMO in years and this is a nice easy one to muck about on while I wait for Pantheon testing to begin. I will say one thing for TESO though, the graphics are amazing.

This post was edited by Cromulent at April 1, 2016 5:07 AM PDT
    • 563 posts
    April 4, 2016 6:10 AM PDT

It's probably going to sound very sad, but I’ve been strangely addicted to "Kittens game" by "bloodrizer" I'm pretty sure it works off of your cookies but: http://bloodrizer.ru/games/kittens/#

You start a village by farming catnip (lol) and increasing your kitty population (lol) but it  quickly becomes a very time consuming hardcore investment game (I’m currently ~255 hours in at 70 kittens :P ) Its kind of a text base resource management, village/city sim? :)

I also picked up Never Winter Nights 1/2 on GoG and have been playing #1 first so far :D

Rachael

• 801 posts
    April 4, 2016 6:46 AM PDT

Here is a sad story, i wanted to play EQ again. Have 12 accounts, but since Cotf i havent decided to hook it back up when they nerfed the mage so badly. Then they started to nerf every class afterwards.

I am so eager to play some boxing again, but am forced to not sign in because ill get upset that my once decent characters are now nerfed. If i sign in, ill be in an old guild, cant raid, and probally log off as soon as i log in. I also would have to have 30 days attached to my accounts to be able to play again since its all prestege gear.

I am sick of the games out there, they are so cut dry and boring for the most part. Hack and slash, rinse and repeat. Zombie feast, FPS... sandbox, dry and cut down.. The only good games are total war series, and mount and blade isnt too bad just needs much more to do.

So i go play ,...... work

Edit= this is why i am so not wanting any of those devs transfered here. They have no vision TM anymore, and brad might not like the direction they have become.

This post was edited by Crazzie at April 4, 2016 6:47 AM PDT
    • 52 posts
    April 4, 2016 7:27 AM PDT

I am back at P99 again since nothing else comes close to the classic experience.

• 1468 posts
    April 4, 2016 7:34 AM PDT

Crazzie said:

I am sick of the games out there, they are so cut dry and boring for the most part. Hack and slash, rinse and repeat. Zombie feast, FPS... sandbox, dry and cut down.. The only good games are total war series, and mount and blade isnt too bad just needs much more to do.

If you like the Total War series you'll love Stellaris and Hearts of Iron 4. Stellaris is due out on the 9th of May and Hearts of Iron 4 is due out on D-Day. Both very good looking grand strategy games and I'm almost as excited for them as I am for Pantheon which is saying a lot :). Paradox make some of the most engrossing games out there.

• 801 posts
    April 4, 2016 8:42 AM PDT

awesome thanks cromulet.