Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

New EQ progression server vote

• 133 posts
    February 27, 2015 2:42 PM PST

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/in-game-progression-server-poll-feb-2015.218117/

Please log in your old SOE account to EQ and cast your vote for slow progression server pls.

Brains and Brawn will be on this slow server upon release.

See you all there, Pantheon members will be offered instant membership to my guild...... Well except Kilsin.

I do have a shred of a reputation to consider.

• 753 posts
    February 27, 2015 2:55 PM PST

I'm voting - I've said for years that they should do a P99 style server - where they let one essentially get stuck in time.

• 238 posts
    February 27, 2015 3:02 PM PST

I always get excited for Prog servers but they always disappoint me. Has something to do with the high expectations it’s going to feel likes when I originally played but sadly it never does. Was in Realm of Insanity in the first set that basically unlocked everything…

I’ll probably play again but I am trying to keep my expectations lower.

Just a word on what you vote for. If the unlock is to slow you will run into certain dungeons with a 24/7 waiting list on every single room, not just named. Imagine LGuk or Soulesk with 100+ people in it all the time.

• 31 posts
    February 27, 2015 5:05 PM PST

Im thinking of trying it out, i never got to play everquest when it was newer. Its been 4 years since they made a progression server.

I wasn't really sure which one to vote but i voted locked progression. I saw a few people wanting seasonal but that doesn't seem very appealing to me.

• 148 posts
    February 27, 2015 6:07 PM PST

Went and voted for the slower progression. Personally I would prefer a server where expansions unlock after preset times (6 or so months) with no votes , and going no further than PoP

• 12 posts
    February 27, 2015 6:19 PM PST
    Xonth said:

I always get excited for Prog servers but they always disappoint me. Has something to do with the high expectations it’s going to feel likes when I originally played but sadly it never does. Was in Realm of Insanity in the first set that basically unlocked everything…

I’ll probably play again but I am trying to keep my expectations lower.

Just a word on what you vote for. If the unlock is to slow you will run into certain dungeons with a 24/7 waiting list on every single room, not just named. Imagine LGuk or Soulesk with 100+ people in it all the time.

The problem with unlocks are people in raid guilds rush the content and leave the normal server population behind.  While I won't play on it, the e-sport option 4 prog server is likely to be the poll winner.  

• 595 posts
    February 27, 2015 6:39 PM PST

What am I missing?  This link goes to a thread about the poll, but not the poll itself?

• 12 posts
    February 27, 2015 7:28 PM PST

Poll is in game only. 

• 318 posts
    February 27, 2015 7:32 PM PST

I look forward to play on a progression server again. Should be a fun distraction while waiting for Pantheon.

• 84 posts
    February 27, 2015 8:06 PM PST

Logged in. Didn't get an option to vote for anything. Is it over?

EDIT nm You have to log all the way into the game for polls now. Votes used to be at the server select screen.

This post was edited by Nydan at March 22, 2015 11:49 AM PDT
    • 31 posts
    February 27, 2015 8:28 PM PST

You can vote as a free player too.

• 999 posts
    February 28, 2015 2:30 AM PST

I played on Fippy when it was released, but the closest replication of the progression server I've found is P1999 still.  Unless they could recapture the old code and implement EQlaunch, there were too many game changing items still left in the progression servers (like the Blackened Alloy Bastard Sword/Long Sword).

With that said.... I voted slow progression for you and enjoy! (they're still much better than EQlive)

This post was edited by Raidan at March 23, 2015 9:12 AM PDT
    • 308 posts
    February 28, 2015 3:49 AM PST

I logged in all 3 accounts and voted locked progression

• 31 posts
    February 28, 2015 1:43 PM PST

We could make a pantheon guild on the server :D

• 610 posts
    February 28, 2015 5:10 PM PST
    Ephemeros said:

I would join

Lets make this happen!

• 201 posts
    March 2, 2015 10:24 AM PST

Voted slow progression as well.

• 29 posts
    March 22, 2015 1:44 AM PDT

Cant wait for the server !!

• 453 posts
    March 22, 2015 11:47 AM PDT

I wish they had a classic server that only has Kunark and Velious with everything the way it was during those days. I know P1999 exists but my PC does not run it well on any setting oddly enough. 

• 753 posts
    March 22, 2015 12:09 PM PDT

One of the options they are proposing is a progression server that locks at some (as yet unspecified) expansion Jason.  If they were smart, they'd put one up that stops at Velious - it was (I believe) the most enjoyed expansion in the heyday of the game.

• 133 posts
    March 22, 2015 5:08 PM PDT
    Ephemeros said:

Great idea and good luck, but I may try and round up as much of the old EQ/VG crew and bring back Brains and Brawn for another romp.

• 133 posts
    March 22, 2015 5:10 PM PDT
    Raidan said:

I played on Fippy when it was released, but the closest replication of the progression server I've found is P1999 still.  Unless they could recapture the old code and implement EQlaunch, there were too many game changing items still left in the progression servers (like the Blackened Alloy Bastard Sword/Long Sword).

With that said.... I voted slow progression for you and enjoy! (they're still much better than EQlive)

Come on in man, will be a blast, they really did remove most of the new code for fippy and they are doing more this time to give us the classic feel with stupidity like racial and class XP differential.

• 318 posts
    March 22, 2015 8:09 PM PDT

Has there been any more news announcements regarding the Progression server? Or is it still under vote?

• 753 posts
    March 22, 2015 9:33 PM PDT

If they announce it as being original rule set at launch - with a hard lock at a given expansion - I might give it a go.  Right now I'm playing and having some fun on Rathe.

• 70 posts
    March 23, 2015 7:15 AM PDT

Has this changed with the company change/layoffs?  I'm sure setting up any new server requires a few people and they have a few less than usual.

• 753 posts
    March 23, 2015 8:07 AM PDT

Well - the survey popped up for me again over the weekend... so at the very least, they didn't turn the survey off!