Forums » News and Announcements

Alpha Pledge Session This Weekend

• VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    January 25, 2024 7:30 AM PST

Alpha pledges are invited to join us for a test session, this Saturday, January 27th at 10AM PST. (-8 GMT). Details will be emailed to eligible pledges later today.

Things to note:
    1. This is a test of our latest update and system upgrade. Expect bugs and bumps.
    2. The test will run for 24 hours.
    3. You may choose the server you play on, so feel free to coordinate with friends. Servers will lock and become unavailable when full, so join early if server choice matters to you.
    4. PA testers will be able to play on these servers, but please know that if a PA tester rolls up a toon on one of the additional (non-PA) servers, that character will not be available after the test session.

Keep an eye out here for further information as it rolls out.

• 252 posts
    January 25, 2024 11:04 AM PST

Exciting! I'm glad we didn't have to wait long.

• 2 posts
    January 25, 2024 5:05 PM PST

Saw the email but the patcher doesn't seem to be allowing logins, can't even download the game yet.

• 4 posts
    January 25, 2024 5:47 PM PST

Yay!  Can't wait.  Looking forward to playing with the friends I made during last test session as well as meet new ones.  :)

MissDemeanor

• 1404 posts
    January 25, 2024 7:59 PM PST
    Nithael said:

Saw the email but the patcher doesn't seem to be allowing logins, can't even download the game yet.

The email has a date and time on it, and today isn’t that day
    • 23 posts
    January 26, 2024 12:25 AM PST

Edit: Thank you for the extended run. I had a great time! I sincerely appreciate your decision to extend. I honestly believe you have an alpha-ready game to leave up and running most of the time. Seeing is believing and the game runs great. Let er run and get some subs! 

Shout out to Aegon to being the first (only?) to reach Level 9.  

--Call - Level 8 Shaman--

This post was edited by Maladar at January 28, 2024 9:07 PM PST
    • 173 posts
    January 26, 2024 2:19 AM PST

Very exciting! I couldn’t make the December session, but I will be able to make this one.

• 61 posts
    January 26, 2024 4:04 AM PST

Maladar said:

***When the time comes*** will the patcher I used for the December stress test allow me to patch the new version, or do I need to re-install a new ClientLauncher? I would assume the persistent pre-Alpha servers use the same launcher and I'm all good to fire it up when it's time and let it patch...?

• 61 posts
    January 26, 2024 4:09 AM PST

ATM, if you played or Downloaded the Client launcher in Dec '23 you are all good to fire it up when it's time and let it patch.

• 513 posts
    January 26, 2024 6:43 AM PST

And if I just bought a new rig? I think I might just have to try preloading every few hours. They'll unlock the servers soon enough.

• VR Staff
    • 330 posts
    January 26, 2024 8:42 AM PST

Maladar said:

***When the time comes*** will the patcher I used for the December stress test allow me to patch the new version, or do I need to re-install a new ClientLauncher? I would assume the persistent pre-Alpha servers use the same launcher and I'm all good to fire it up when it's time and let it patch...?

You can just run clientlauncher and it will update the patcher and then patch the game files.

• 14 posts
    January 26, 2024 3:16 PM PST

Looking forward to!

• 2 posts
    January 26, 2024 3:29 PM PST

How big is the game client? Not having been able to do the December one it would have been nice to be able to download the client ahead of time.

• VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    January 26, 2024 9:52 PM PST

The game is now available to download/patch. The installer may be found here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/download/

• 2 posts
    January 27, 2024 1:34 AM PST

Fresh new pledger and I have a question.  Got all logged in, registered and stuff.  Doesn't seem the patcher allows to specify where to install.  Is that correct or did I miss something?

Nevermind, I am a retard.  If  I had actually read the welcome stuff, I would have figuerd it out. :(

This post was edited by OldMarineGy at January 27, 2024 1:37 AM PST
    • 5 posts
    January 27, 2024 8:08 AM PST

Will I be able to play with my friends or will we be put on different server's with no way to switch servers again?

• 3 posts
    January 27, 2024 9:21 AM PST

Is the Alpha Pledge Session this Weekend only Pre-Alpha or for Alpha too?

• 23 posts
    January 27, 2024 9:37 AM PST

Savanja said: Alpha pledges are invited to join us for a test session, this Saturday, January 27th at 10AM PST. (-8 GMT). Details will be emailed to eligible pledges later today.acter will not be available after the test session.

I can login and see the servers list. Are all of these available to Alpha, or only specific ones?

• VR Staff
    • 330 posts
    January 27, 2024 10:44 AM PST

Blutrabe said:

Is the Alpha Pledge Session this Weekend only Pre-Alpha or for Alpha too?

Pre Alpha testers are always able to log in during testing sessions. Today's session is one we invited alpha testers into.

• VR Staff
    • 330 posts
    January 27, 2024 10:44 AM PST

Maladar said:

Savanja said: Alpha pledges are invited to join us for a test session, this Saturday, January 27th at 10AM PST. (-8 GMT). Details will be emailed to eligible pledges later today.acter will not be available after the test session.

I can login and see the servers list. Are all of these available to Alpha, or only specific ones?

You can log into any of those you wish as they are available. Just make sure to remember the name of the server you chose so you can find your character when you log out and come back

• 4 posts
    January 27, 2024 10:47 AM PST

I can log in but the select realm shows that "No realms are available!" and it is now 10:46 PST. Any advice?

• 40 posts
    January 27, 2024 11:05 AM PST

same i log in no patch downloaded and says  no realms available 

• VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    January 27, 2024 11:06 AM PST

The game is available to alpha pledges currently. Come and play!

• 40 posts
    January 27, 2024 11:10 AM PST

i am an alpha pledge, still cant see any realm or have any patch downloaded, am using the patcher that i recieved when alpha pledges were invited

• VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    January 27, 2024 11:15 AM PST

Morgoth said:

i am an alpha pledge, still cant see any realm or have any patch downloaded, am using the patcher that i recieved when alpha pledges were invited

Try going to https://www.pantheonmmo.com/download/ and replacing the patcher.