Forums » News and Announcements

Alpha Pledge Session on Hold

• 44 posts
    December 17, 2023 10:50 AM PST

Gaku said:

DarkAkuma said:

Gaku said:

They postponed a test session, they didn't kill your dog, calm down bro.

"I give up. I'm leaving."

"The chef just burnt your meal for the 5th time, and you have been waiting hours, they didn't kill your dog, calm down bro."

That's how you sound. People who have invested time and money into this over the course of years, and in particular the past few weeks when this was announced (Planning and upgrading ledges) are COMPLETELY JUSTIFIED in feeling upset about this and wanting to express that. What is not called for is being dismissive of them to boost your own ego.

Be happy that people care enough to post at all. It's when they don't care enough to do so that people should be worried... Wait. Considering the amount of registered Alpha testers vs the surprising lack of comments here... That just may be now. So... people complaining? That's a good thing.

VR F'ed up BIG TIME! This is bigger than 247 and the art change. They promised something specifically to earn back some good will with their supporters, got us all hyped up so started planning our day around it weeks ahead of time... only to pull the rug out from under us in the last 10 minutes with a "Oops! Sorry! We suddenly encountered a bug that we have known about for a while. No 24 hour test for you! What? Those PA's who paid more money? Well... yea... they can still play. But you need to wait some more. You have been waiting 10 years, so you should be good at that by now. Were going to go eat some turkey. See you next year... maybe...".

And if you need another way to look at it, VR literally had one job. To make/keep their supporters happy. Making a game is just the method to do so. They didn't just fail at that. Considering that this event was needed to earn back the good will and trust of the supporters...Failure would be not catching the ball. It's more like they ran to the wrong end zone, spiked the ball and started dancing.

This was a serious failure that they may never recover from, as they have severely damaged supporters trust in them even more, when they already did so and needed to earn it back. While you and I may still be here and wait for the next attempt, I certainly understand and don't want to dismiss those who have legitimate reasons to not. Again, if they care enough to post... thats a good thing.

That comment was directed towards another person who's post has since been edited which he was clearly behaving like an out of control toddler throwing a temper tantrum. People have every right to feel upset or disappointed and I was in no way dismissing someone to boost my own ego. 

They dropped the ball, mistakes were made, I'm hoping they make it up to us with an extended test session at a later point once they fix the issues that need be addressed. 

Fair enough. Sorry if my response seems a bit much as a result of the confusion. In hindsight, your comment did seem like a bit much when trying to compare against the recent comments I thought it was responding to.

I guess this is what quoting people is for. No editing away context.

• December 18, 2023 4:43 AM PST

I found my pledge confirmation email from five+ years ago this morning and had to laugh (at myself) for being foolish.  

• 4 posts
    December 18, 2023 7:20 AM PST

yes i'm done.

i'd the windows partition only for gaming and after the cancel of the 16.12 i deleted everything and wiped my windows partition.

Dont get me wrong, i wish a good game to all of you, but after so many years and the "fcked up" of VR, i have no more hope and time to spend.

so i focus now on my personal RL-Game, called "Career" :).

best regards and i hope someday this game will be that game as it initialy was created.

This post was edited by Skuhl at December 18, 2023 7:22 AM PST
    • 14 posts
    December 18, 2023 8:53 AM PST

Mhm, I even forgot I paid you guys $100+ almost 10 years ago for a thing that, if ever is delivered feature-complete - I probably wouldn't even be interested in it by then. Seriously, this made me laugh. It would probably be funny looking at my face changing from confusion "pantheon? Sounds familiar...." (with my mouse hanging over "report spam") to recognition. And yet it isn't even the alpha that was promised in 2-3 years from the date I joined.

Well, have fun I guess, whoever is still interested.

This post was edited by leozaur at December 18, 2023 8:54 AM PST