Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Does it really matter?

• 89 posts
    July 2, 2018 3:10 PM PDT

For an MMO it mostly goes with the class I'm playing at the time as it generally is best to play to the strength of the character so you don't get ostracized or worse.

In solo RPGs it changes completely as every character has a different fundamental story for me so even if I play through the same game on the same exact character race/classitI'll be pretty different.

• 129 posts
    July 2, 2018 3:35 PM PDT

Hell yeah !

Wizard slapping mobs with dual-wielding wands, like a Warrior !

• 1281 posts
    July 2, 2018 6:45 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Does your playstyle depend on your character or do you play the same way on all characters no matter what class/race? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

Since I only ever play one class, from a class perspective, the answer is no, I always play it the same way. While I am bummed there will be no Half-Elf race in Pantheon, I should be able to play him the same way as a Human.

• 363 posts
    July 2, 2018 7:32 PM PDT

Definitely depends on the class for me. As a Rogue I play it safe and work the buttock region from the shadows. As a Warrior I go ape punching and kicking faces and doors in wif ma feetz and blades!! As a Healer I recline behind my brethren and sistren providing them with cleansing heals so that we may live longer and obtain many loots.

:D

• 768 posts
    July 3, 2018 5:20 AM PDT

Does the game allow for such class specific gameplay? Or is it standardisation for all classes and races? 

Most of the time I've seen mages faceplant as much as healers or fighters. Most of the time, people will get bored of trying to play their role and either lay back or move in where they shouldn't. (Just think about how many times a healer, mage or utility has pulled mobs instead of the tank) Or the opposite, where I as scout, sneak passed a mob or corner and the group mindlessly stumbles into mobs before I get the chance to report back. Or when the clothwearing spellflinger goes and stand in the middle of the mobs and nukes away, not looking at their hatefeed or aggro.

I approach the game differently depending on the survivability and progression of that certain class I'm playing. If it's an easy killer and staying alive kind of class, I'll be inclined to venture alone more often and quest every nook and cranny. If I'm slow moving/killing or weak, I would try and find me some groups and focus on groupquests/events. If I'm tank, I'll try to group as much as possible, helping where I can. 

If the game offers a challenge I'll stay close to what my class is meant to do. So let's keep this game challenging, shall we?!

When it comes down to roleplaying in character/race..I hardly see that happening, perhaps wise to create specific servers for those that want such an experience. (me for one). Most players new or old, will quickly go ooc and the whole RP of things is lost soon enough.

Mind you, the people responding on these forums are those players, a bit more devoted to this genre than those drifting for one game to another to get their adrenaline fix and move on. So the responds to your question, might not be well balanced as that other kind of player is not investing their time in forums as these. But again it's those kind of players the dev's and the game will have and need aswel if they want to be viable.

This post was edited by Barin999 at July 3, 2018 5:22 AM PDT
    • 168 posts
    July 3, 2018 7:22 AM PDT

Class and race along with any racial bonuses play a large factor in determining my playstyle. Game mechanics determine this answer much moreso than RP or Lore values.