Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Have you ever Rage Quit?

• 73 posts
    February 26, 2018 5:38 PM PST

I'm not really the rage quit type, but my brother on the other hand.

I've watched him karate chop a solid wood tv tray in half. Also there was that day I came home to a brand new Playstation I. He said he accidently stepped on mine and bought me a new one, LOL yeah okay.

• 217 posts
    February 26, 2018 6:58 PM PST

Yes, when I was on a Plane of Hate raid and it was declared prior to beginning that if a Chestplate of the Constant dropped I would be the cleric guaranteed to recieve it, which at the time was the primo cleric BP, as well as my biggest loot desire in EQ. I have horrible luck so I really was happy I was gauranteed the drop but didnt believe it would drop.  I died just as the npc dropped and was then awaiting a rez when the raid leader announced it dropped.  And some chick cleric from another guild ninja looted the no drop item and thrn started apologizing saying she didnt know... SOOOOOOO pissed.. girlfriend had been haggin alot about my playing EQ too much as well so I decided then and there I was done.. deleted my toon and all..

• 44 posts
    February 26, 2018 10:12 PM PST
    I have rage quit. Never because of the game. I was playing a game of course. To me rage quitting is getting mad enough that you say to hell with it an walk away for a short time. When it has happened, it’s been because people can be jerks.
    • 89 posts
    February 26, 2018 10:58 PM PST

If you haven't rage quit an MMORPG, you haven't played an immersive one. 

• 159 posts
    February 27, 2018 12:42 AM PST

I have been mad at games during especially frustrating moments, but never to the point of throwing something at the wall or anything like that.

As for quitting, I did quit an MMO after several years invested in it because it stopped feeling like "my" game. I had been vocally complaining about a number of issues with the game, and at some point after feeling those issues were not really appreciated by the developers I basically lost interest in logging in any more. I had a few months left on my sub but never went back online.

• 37 posts
    February 27, 2018 2:23 AM PST

yes i broke many controllers throwing them against the walls of my room when chain dieing at darksouls games :D when i was younger ! but now i'm not that stupid anymore well i hope :p

i never rage quited while playing a mmorpg, even with multiple deaths within a short period of time, i keep going at it untill i win or if for any reason i cant do it, i just go do something else.

basically i hate unfair deaths, i mean if deaths come from my skills not high enough, i'm ok with that, but if it's coming from bad game design, bad camera control (just like in most darksouls games) then, one death ok, 2 deaths...ok, XXX deaths.... controllers go hug my walls.

• 36 posts
    February 27, 2018 2:39 AM PST

Rage quit might be a bit hard but i lost interest in some games pretty fast as they changed business model from sub to ftp. After this there spwaned many ingame shops, items etc. to buy stuff for cash = gameover. The community changed pretty fast because many ppl did join the game and leave pretty fast too. I got the feeling to like at a train station, no real community anymore.

Another thing was the NGE at Star Wars Galaxies for example. It was a completly new game, lots of work i had done ingame was just blown away for good. If a company just make things trivial you had to work yourself for month. This killed my motivation.

• 319 posts
    February 27, 2018 6:38 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Has a game madeou so mad that you lost your cool? Have you got a game rage story to share of you or someone you know going bananas over some pixels? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

I have "rage quit" a few times, once for a whole day. But  do not look at it as quitting. I look at it as I was having an off day and a small break is needed to get my timing back.

However I did "rage quit" while playing  Shadowbane quite a while ago. When i hit level 20 and pvp was active I died 8 times in the first 2 hours to gankers who trolled the lower level pvp zone just greifing lower levels. I  deleted the game from my computer and never tried t again.

Therefore it  shows in my utter hatred for pvp. There fore I have no desire to have pvp in my games unless it is fully controlable  like a button to shut it off permanently.

• 108 posts
    February 27, 2018 8:09 AM PST

sdcord said:

If you haven't rage quit an MMORPG, you haven't played an immersive one. 

Or perhaps said people who have never rage quit have a back bone and do not let the little things get to them.....

• 12 posts
    February 27, 2018 10:43 PM PST

Aye lol, once in a while something either I do, another player does, or a choice I made will set me off. I'm my own worst critic so when I do something insanely dumb or make a choice I can't go back and correct, my fuse is immediately lit at the source. 90% of the time the amount of patience I have is commended by others who witness it. That 10% though... It'll get me, right in the nerve. Needless to say I appreciate the abiluty to respec, overwrite enchantments, or make certain outcome changes due to quest decisions if the outcome is not obvious or in parenthesis.

• 801 posts
    March 1, 2018 5:42 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Has a game made you so mad that you lost your cool? Have you got a game rage story to share of you or someone you know going bananas over some pixels? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

I personally rage quit for one reason only, when my hand goes numb, (carpel Tunnel in both hands now) and if i am getting foggy mind with the graphics, cam view etc.. fed up more or less.

• 120 posts
    March 1, 2018 1:21 PM PST

I have never ragequit an MMO. I have ragequit League of Legends before when getting hard trolled, but that's about it. I think I may have smashed a keyboard once as well.

• 57 posts
    March 1, 2018 2:14 PM PST

oh yes...   Thank god it was when I was younger and I no longer suffer from poor choices like that.

Controllers through walls. 

Fist through everything but support beams apparently.

Tossed keyboards, smashed mice.

To the point of selling every single item i had on every single character I had, deleting all characters after that and then canceling my account.

Only to come back 6 months later, and make up some BS story about how my crazy EX did it , not me " can you please restore all my stuffs puhleeeze"

Actions change, when it's you buying all the stuff you just broke...

This post was edited by Suterian at March 1, 2018 2:16 PM PST
    • 2419 posts
    March 1, 2018 6:48 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Has a game made you so mad that you lost your cool? Have you got a game rage story to share of you or someone you know going bananas over some pixels? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

When I rage quit, which I do some times, is more due to frustrations with myself than the game.

• 106 posts
    March 2, 2018 1:49 PM PST

Not necessarily a rage quit but I did leave Rift after the update where they added a scoreboard.  It included such innocuous things as crafting and artifact collecting(or shinies as they were called).  No place in an RPG for that.

This post was edited by FierinaFuryfist at March 2, 2018 1:49 PM PST
    • 7 posts
    March 4, 2018 12:52 PM PST

I have never rage quit, but I certainly have raged out playing games. Mobas are a rage inducng nightmare. My biggest rages came from EQ over a decade ago. Farming my last VT key off a ghost in a swamp ruins for 6 hours, no sooner did it spawn I feel a sense of relief only for some monk to train 30 mobs on me and fd and take the kill as I ran my ass off into seb for safety. Or the dreaded Stormfeather camp that I spent 37 straight hours camping only to have the mob ksed by some group that pops in for 20 minutes to loot and scoot. So in those events, the games never made me mad but certainly the players can cause rage.