Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

• 3016 posts
    November 24, 2017 1:08 PM PST

Durp said:

Oh and also, no static spawns...  Randomize the spawn places and make it so that if it hasn't been picked up in 30 minutes, it despawns and spawns somewhere else.  (this, so that shiny's spawned inside walls, trees, etc can respawn without a gm having to do something)

I mean, people lose stuff all the time but always in the same place?  Hardly.

Love that idea Durp,  gives equal opportunity for someone else to find the item,  instead of people spawn camping and then charging exhorbitant prices for that same item, because noone else can get near it.  Random spawns in different places has my vote.   Also Perception skill..based on the work you have done to increase it..definitely would have value here.   :)

Cana

• 1303 posts
    November 25, 2017 1:09 PM PST

Tralyan said:

Didn't you get experience for turning in completed shiny collections in EQ2? I only ask because people are saying yes to collections, but no to XP gain, so I wonder if they remember that you did, in fact, get XP from collection quests. 

I don't recall it being particularly game breaking in the early years of EQ2. Sure, some people would use shiny collections to PL an alt, but I don't see the difference between that and just buying, say gnoll teeth or orc belts for the same reason. 

Regardless, yes, I agree with the majority. Shinies weren't something I really cared about, but they were a neat little addition that I wouldn't mind seeing in Pantheon. 

I remember that they gave xp. I just never did it to get xp. I did it because I enjoyed it, and I liked some of the displayable house items. I just don't see how picking flowers or collecting scraps of metal help increase one's power. 

• 1019 posts
    November 25, 2017 1:27 PM PST

Feyshtey said:

I remember that they gave xp. I just never did it to get xp. I did it because I enjoyed it, and I liked some of the displayable house items. I just don't see how picking flowers or collecting scraps of metal help increase one's power. 

And nor should it.  I'd love to see a colletables game/systems in Protf.  I played with many people who honestly just loved doing it.  Running around collecting shinys.  They also loved the house decorating items it gave.  They, and myself, could have cared less if that tiny little quality of life game inside a game helped progress your charater.  In an MMO like this, it's about living in the world and Lore and Legand, Housing, Shiny collections, are all apart of BEING in the world.

This post was edited by Kittik at November 25, 2017 1:28 PM PST
    • 98 posts
    November 25, 2017 1:47 PM PST

Durp said:

Oh and also, no static spawns...  Randomize the spawn places and make it so that if it hasn't been picked up in 30 minutes, it despawns and spawns somewhere else.  (this, so that shiny's spawned inside walls, trees, etc can respawn without a gm having to do something)

I mean, people lose stuff all the time but always in the same place?  Hardly.

I have lost items in the same place, and that place is the last place I look!

• 19 posts
    November 25, 2017 10:55 PM PST

They deff gave good exp when you turned in a bunch together. I remeber one of the expansions, maybe Kingdom of Sky, I had 30 or so collections done and I turned them all in right after the expansion launched and I got half of the new levels just from that more or less instant turn in.

I would be totally understanding if they wanted to put in ? shinys but either keep the exp out or somehow reduce the exp for a large group of them being turned in all at once like I did in eq2.