Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

• 1019 posts
    November 23, 2017 6:01 PM PST

If you played EQ2, you know what that is.  

Do you want this in Protf?  I do, it is something I sincerly missed in other games I've played.  I did't like what it's turned into in the past few years, but i loved the simple concept of it when EQ2 first came out.

• 1281 posts
    November 23, 2017 6:28 PM PST

There is going to be no quest prodding in Pantheon according to the devs, other than the the perception system, which gives no visible cues.

• 1095 posts
    November 23, 2017 6:39 PM PST

Kalok said:

There is going to be no quest prodding in Pantheon according to the devs, other than the the perception system, which gives no visible cues.

The "?" is collection ground spawns not quest givers.  I like them but rather it be tied into perception skill then a automatic mark on the ground.

• 839 posts
    November 23, 2017 6:40 PM PST

wasnt that the shiny icon?  I was never a collector so i could be wrong lol

• 633 posts
    November 23, 2017 6:42 PM PST

There was a very recent discussion on this at https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4654/shiny-collections/view/page/1.

Also, you can look at https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/1837/gameplay-you-want-to-see/view/page/1 where there is a bit of discussion within the thread.

• 753 posts
    November 23, 2017 7:32 PM PST

Shinies were fun.

• 3237 posts
    November 23, 2017 9:32 PM PST

The shinies from EQ2 were awesome.  I would love to see them in Pantheon but I don't think they should be tied into perception.  They should just be something shiny you find on the ground ... no need for advanced perception to see them.

• 261 posts
    November 24, 2017 12:55 AM PST

Yes I would like collections of some sort. It creates a game within a game. Rift I thought did the concept fairly well, except by the time you completed a collection you were far to high for the reward.

It was also fun playing the card game in vanguard.

(you can leave gems out (EQ), hopefully down time won't be that much)

• 753 posts
    November 24, 2017 4:56 AM PST

Boulda said:

Yes I would like collections of some sort. It creates a game within a game. Rift I thought did the concept fairly well, except by the time you completed a collection you were far to high for the reward.

It was also fun playing the card game in vanguard.

(you can leave gems out (EQ), hopefully down time won't be that much)

I would welcome having some collection rewards (certainly not all) being things that are always "useful in a pinch" - for example... maybe a collection gives a "Bottomless bucket of water" which is an item you can always use to get a basic drink (assuming drinking affects things like mana regen) - but that in no way competes with any beverage created via trades.

• 1019 posts
    November 24, 2017 5:01 AM PST

I remember towards the end of my time in EQ2 a few exp pack ago, the shiney system had become less about fun and more about nessesity.  Some shiney's were the most expensive items in game and some zones were run specifically to find a shiney that spawned in there.  

That wasn't fun.  It's fun finding a shiney on the ground and adding it to a collection and in the end gettting a silly little reward.  A house item, a fluff peice of appearance gear...

• 35 posts
    November 24, 2017 5:06 AM PST

my wife would come to Pantheon if she could have some shinys. :-)
    but she is also still missing Rattongas.

but collections should be just for fun only not a nessesity.

• 6 posts
    November 24, 2017 5:13 AM PST

O  Ooo Ooo!  I loved Shiny collecting in EQ2 with my Monk!

Only see one issue, when they made picking up the Shiny(s) a part of a raid encounter,  Arrrrgh

• 1281 posts
    November 24, 2017 7:16 AM PST

They haven't mentioned anything about how the harvest system will work yet that I have seen in any of the videos.  It would be interesting hearing how it is going to work.  I'm not really an "active" harvester, but if I see something handy to harvest I will do it.

• 3852 posts
    November 24, 2017 7:19 AM PST

Collections are a very nice plus as long as they don't work the way they did in EQ2 (where collections gave experience and could enable new characters to jump all the way to middle levels).

• 1281 posts
    November 24, 2017 7:32 AM PST

dorotea said:

Collections are a very nice plus as long as they don't work the way they did in EQ2 (where collections gave experience and could enable new characters to jump all the way to middle levels).

In my opinion, take it for what it's worth....  Harvesting/collecting/whatever should just be for items for the crafting system, not for level experience.

• 1303 posts
    November 24, 2017 7:37 AM PST

I loved the collections in EQ2. But I do think that they should be seperated from character leveling, and be limited to either crafting or simply aesthetic rewards for housing, or something along those lines.  

• 1785 posts
    November 24, 2017 7:40 AM PST

I also enjoyed EQ2's collectibles but I agree with others - no "necessity" rewards, no experience gain from dong them, etc.

• 19 posts
    November 24, 2017 7:46 AM PST

I loved shiny collecting in eq2 was one of my favorite things. I do agree with Kittik that collecting shinys shouldnt be a major requriement just something fun to do.

• 3016 posts
    November 24, 2017 9:06 AM PST

Loved collecting in EQII,  the book collections, the pet collections that you could let loose in your home to wander,   the music box collections some of which played themed music from EQ1 and so on.    I had a library shelf in my house that held all the books I had collected thus far.    Oooh shiny,  loved collections and achievements.

Cana

• 769 posts
    November 24, 2017 10:40 AM PST

Didn't you get experience for turning in completed shiny collections in EQ2? I only ask because people are saying yes to collections, but no to XP gain, so I wonder if they remember that you did, in fact, get XP from collection quests. 

I don't recall it being particularly game breaking in the early years of EQ2. Sure, some people would use shiny collections to PL an alt, but I don't see the difference between that and just buying, say gnoll teeth or orc belts for the same reason. 

Regardless, yes, I agree with the majority. Shinies weren't something I really cared about, but they were a neat little addition that I wouldn't mind seeing in Pantheon. 

• 3237 posts
    November 24, 2017 11:19 AM PST

Yes, they gave XP and that was one of the big reasons they held so much value in the economy.  It was a really advanced system of turning in gnoll teeth or orc belts, exactly like you said Tralyan.  There were a bunch of sets that were exclusive to a specific zone, or tier.  Some rewards were better than others ... some were plain old house items while others might actually give you a piece of gear.

• 399 posts
    November 24, 2017 11:40 AM PST

I wouldn't mind seeing collections like in EQ2 or EQ1 for that matter.  I just don't want them to question marks.  Make it a twig,a leaf, a stone, a bag, a wallet, a scroll, a book, a doll, etc.

Perhaps this should not come at launch but at some expansion. 

• 668 posts
    November 24, 2017 11:44 AM PST

I would not mind the shinies if it tied in with Perception.  Better perception and the detection, shine, would be easier to spot based on relation to spawn point.  These could represent collections, quest starts, special keys, list could go on...

• 1019 posts
    November 24, 2017 11:44 AM PST

Durp said:

I wouldn't mind seeing collections like in EQ2 or EQ1 for that matter.  I just don't want them to question marks.  Make it a twig,a leaf, a stone, a bag, a wallet, a scroll, a book, a doll, etc.

This is a great idea Durp, it could also incorporate your preception skill.  If you're still is higher these "collection" items might have a slight hue around them, so you can spot "shiny's" in the game, while if you're preception skill is low it would still be collectable, but you just wouldn't see it with a slight glowing hue that a higher level person with high preception might see.

• 399 posts
    November 24, 2017 11:50 AM PST

Oh and also, no static spawns...  Randomize the spawn places and make it so that if it hasn't been picked up in 30 minutes, it despawns and spawns somewhere else.  (this, so that shiny's spawned inside walls, trees, etc can respawn without a gm having to do something)

I mean, people lose stuff all the time but always in the same place?  Hardly.