Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

City Design

• 51 posts
    November 26, 2017 9:20 AM PST

It is interesting that we can sometimes limit our thoughts, based upon what we know in our world. I do not believe that Pantheon should be compared to the development of human kind as we, the human race, perceive it. To my knowledge anyway, we do not know of the methods of war or threats that have been experienced in Terminus over the centuries.

I.e. we do not know how the tactics that are employed by the various races nor the progression of tactics over the periods. Tactics in Terminus, more than likely did not follow the same development that we are accustomed to, what we may have read, what we think that we know and/or what we have seen or read in other high fantasy worlds.

Let us no forget that that static defenses that we may have become accustomed to might not be relevant in Terminus. Dragons, giants, magic, different races, beasts yet to be seen or known, hands of game gods, etc. could have played a decisive part in how and why Thronefast has been built the way that it is.

I for one am glad that I do not see a cramped city or a slum area where the masses live. Instead, I see a city built by and for the humans of Terminus and the art and lore that they appreciate for their race. I prefer to be immersed, instead of thinking that Thronefast reminds me of an early Middle Age castle in which it’s outside walls are surrounded by wooden hovels, mud paths, bed pan waste being tossed into the streets. Thank you very much Pantheon!

• 89 posts
    November 27, 2017 1:59 AM PST

Kittik said:

sdcord said:

After seeing all of the past streams and watching this most recent one, I have to be honest, I'm concerned with the art direction of this game.  I'm not a fan of Jared's art style. :(

What of it do you not like?  Darkness, fairytaleness, overly expansive, not lifelike enough?  Throw us a bone here.

I've only seen a couple of his, umm for lack of a better word, civilizations.  And it's been the ToRM (Tower of the Reckless Mage) and Thornefast.  We really haven't seen him diversified in his creativity yet.  Once we get to see Wilds End proper or the lands of the other civlizations, they could be vastly different.

Although I do think Thornefast is a little too large and spacious inside, I liked the look of it.  Some life justs needs added and hopfully, when complete it doesn't have that empty overly vast feel that I got from the stream video.

It seems like everything is narrow and tall.  There's no body to structures or buildings.

For example, in Wilds End, the trees are very straight.  The trunks have no variation to them.  The nearby temple looks very narrow and tall.  In the video of the wood made structures in the bandits area, the roofs are tall with narrow eve's, no overhang.  In Thornefast, the same thing, everything is narrow and straight.  It all looks very sterile.  There's no character to the buildings.

This post was edited by sdcord at November 27, 2017 2:36 AM PST
    • 1281 posts
    November 27, 2017 6:02 PM PST

sdcord said:

Kittik said:

sdcord said:

After seeing all of the past streams and watching this most recent one, I have to be honest, I'm concerned with the art direction of this game.  I'm not a fan of Jared's art style. :(

What of it do you not like?  Darkness, fairytaleness, overly expansive, not lifelike enough?  Throw us a bone here.

I've only seen a couple of his, umm for lack of a better word, civilizations.  And it's been the ToRM (Tower of the Reckless Mage) and Thornefast.  We really haven't seen him diversified in his creativity yet.  Once we get to see Wilds End proper or the lands of the other civlizations, they could be vastly different.

Although I do think Thornefast is a little too large and spacious inside, I liked the look of it.  Some life justs needs added and hopfully, when complete it doesn't have that empty overly vast feel that I got from the stream video.

It seems like everything is narrow and tall.  There's no body to structures or buildings.

For example, in Wilds End, the trees are very straight.  The trunks have no variation to them.  The nearby temple looks very narrow and tall.  In the video of the wood made structures in the bandits area, the roofs are tall with narrow eve's, no overhang.  In Thornefast, the same thing, everything is narrow and straight.  It all looks very sterile.  There's no character to the buildings.

I think alot of the stuff is still at the "placeholder" stage.