Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

If you truly want immersion...

• 53 posts
    November 1, 2017 9:37 PM PDT

....make it so that the longer your character is online, he or she will need to go to the bathroom. Give us a creeping debuff that gets worse and worse the longer you hold it/ignore it. Once you "relieve" yourself, then the debuff drops and you get a short term "bliss" buff that will make you regen/etc faster.

I can see it now, "Hold on guys, I have to take a piss"...brb. "Wait, did he mean in real life..or his character?" Not only would it be kinda funny...but it would be ultra-realsitic. 

• 2130 posts
    November 1, 2017 9:38 PM PDT

How immersive is it that I vomited irl at the idea of this being an actual game mechanic?

:)

• 454 posts
    November 1, 2017 9:40 PM PDT

I’m ok with my character not needing to use a bathroom! LOL.

• 839 posts
    November 1, 2017 9:49 PM PDT

Pantheon ROTF. The only game you can swordfight while you "swordfight".

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    November 1, 2017 10:08 PM PDT

Honestly... don't... know... how to... respond.... :)

• 207 posts
    November 1, 2017 10:08 PM PDT
    I can see it now...

"Hey, this mob is weak to water right?" Lol!
    • 68 posts
    November 1, 2017 10:23 PM PDT

So not only will I be able to fight epic dragons, travel magical lands and cast fireballs from the tip of my fingers, but I'll also be able to watch as my character does his "business" behind some bush, as well? Realism does not equal immersion.

Immersion is elements in the game that adds as sense of scale and purpose into the world. Like allowing every location and monsters (at least humanoid) to have a history and reason. "What is this building? Why is it here? Why did the wererats establish a colony in this particular place? How did pirates manage to get such a strong footing in this area, despite heavy presence of the local City Guard?" These might be some of the type of questions you'd ask yourself as you visit different locations, or fight different factions or monsters, if the game has answers to those questions, instead of just leaving you with the sense that it was randomly put there for you to have something to fight or for you to look at, it adds immersion.

• 53 posts
    November 1, 2017 10:32 PM PDT

Menubrea said:

Immersion is elements in the game that adds as sense of scale and purpose into the world. Like allowing every location and monsters (at least humanoid) to have a history and reason. "What is this building? Why is it here? Why did the wererats establish a colony in this particular place? How did pirates manage to get such a strong footing in this area, despite heavy presence of the local City Guard?" These might be some of the type of questions you'd ask yourself as you visit different locations, or fight different factions or monsters, if the game has answers to those questions, instead of just leaving you with the sense that it was randomly put there for you to have something to fight or for you to look at, it adds immersion.

These are all things your character could ponder whilst on Ye Ol Can. :)

• 207 posts
    November 1, 2017 11:23 PM PDT

Just think about it, "A mages study," could be a great way to learn spells:)

• 32 posts
    November 2, 2017 2:50 AM PDT

Will definitely have to not roll a female character.  The line for behind the bushes will always be twice as long.

• 263 posts
    November 2, 2017 3:10 AM PDT

Aradune said:

I am with you there. I will say this that VR have plenty of mechanics in the works that will make the game immersive enough without having to go down this "crazy" road. This is after all not Second Life. 

• 763 posts
    November 2, 2017 3:20 AM PDT

Oh dear Gods!

EQ1 was bad enough with Trolls/Ogres scratching Butt-cleavage ....

.... but just how BIG would a bush have to be for an Ogre to hide behind!

There would not be enough brain-bleach to counter seeing this every hour or so!

Evoras, seriously hopes pets don't have to poop ... else that 'cat in his backpack' idea is looking iffy!

• 257 posts
    November 2, 2017 3:33 AM PDT

Healers don't need bathroom breaks. That's how you get healed.

• 121 posts
    November 2, 2017 5:06 AM PDT
    Maybe my character gets dysentery? I'm pushing for old school , but msybe not Oregon Trail old school
    • 753 posts
    November 2, 2017 5:26 AM PDT

Menubrea said:

So not only will I be able to fight epic dragons, travel magical lands and cast fireballs from the tip of my fingers, but I'll also be able to watch as my character does his "business" behind some bush, as well? Realism does not equal immersion.

Immersion is nothing more and nothing less than something that brings you "into" the game world... as opposed to simply "playing the game."

For example, playing first person is more immersive than third person simply becasue in third person you are watching your avatar and everything around him/her.  In first person, you are more or less experiencing the world through the eyes of your avatar.  You aren't WATCHING the game, you are IN the game.

(no this isn't a push to say we should all be playing first person... it's merely me using the distinction between first and third person to make a point)

• 72 posts
    November 2, 2017 5:57 AM PDT
    Picture this.... train to zone!!! Meanwhile, everybody has been going number 2 at the zone line. The person running the train runs through all the pooh and it “snares” the poor soul allowing the train to get closer. BUT THEN! The train gets ensnared as well!!
    • 319 posts
    November 2, 2017 7:09 AM PDT

if that is the case then I will open the first adult diaper stand. I will be rich before the first week is out.

• 21 posts
    November 2, 2017 8:18 AM PDT
    I'm on board with this as long as there's an option to hold it until you get a pvp kill corpse to unload on.
    • 53 posts
    November 2, 2017 4:36 PM PDT

Yarnila said:

Aradune said:

I am with you there. I will say this that VR have plenty of mechanics in the works that will make the game immersive enough without having to go down this "crazy" road. This is after all not Second Life. 

Ah there is always one. One person on the forum that does not see the humor in a post. Literally everyone else laughing and having a good time with the topic....and then you have that one guy..the obligitory stick in the mud. lol.

This post was edited by Hateborn at November 2, 2017 4:37 PM PDT
    • 53 posts
    November 2, 2017 4:38 PM PDT

Isaya said:

if that is the case then I will open the first adult diaper stand. I will be rich before the first week is out.

haha yes!

• 24 posts
    November 2, 2017 6:00 PM PDT

Mandatory food and drink; sure why not.  Bathrooms....just no!  /shudder

• 334 posts
    November 2, 2017 6:33 PM PDT

Daring... next would be the proposal for the addition of a bitcoin mining subroutine to compensate for the lack of CPU activity during crafting.

• 184 posts
    November 3, 2017 8:28 AM PDT

I lost it when I read "bliss buff" lolllll

• 3237 posts
    November 3, 2017 8:33 AM PDT

While we're at it we may as well introduce a wide-spread disease epidemic.  Would make sense right?  So many hard fought battles where bodily fluids are getting mixed ... if you spill a wretched zombie's guts on an open wound, one would think it would lead to some horrible, uncurable disease.  At the same time, I think rabid dysentery would be a really bad look so maybe we should turn our cheek the other way when it comes to that level of immersion, lol

This post was edited by oneADseven at November 3, 2017 8:36 AM PDT
    • 234 posts
    November 3, 2017 8:51 AM PDT

Um no, though I do like oneADseven's idea.  There could be certain creatures that give disease and you may then pass that on to others.

SWTOR had some interesting quests that involved getting infected.

Vampirisim such as in Skyrim was also a cool idea. 

I would like to see some things such as this, makes it more interseting.

But bodily functions?  No, don't think we need to do that one personally. 

EXCEPT, if we are allowed to have lots of Ale and Wine and have a drunk system similar to EQ.   Then perhaps over doing it may make you puke and pass out.  Perhaps you wake up in jail if you do it in the wrong place. 

-Az