Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Are we there yet?

• 3016 posts
    January 19, 2017 9:14 AM PST

Dang so beautiful VR...I think I'll spend my time walking around gawking at everything..hehe

• 3016 posts
    January 19, 2017 9:16 AM PST

Kilsin said:

maslo said:

This game looks so amazing. I can't wait. Really, release alpha today Kilsin!!

Ok sure, here is the link to the... wait did you hear that? brb need to check something... :D

OMG!  What a tease! lol

• 24 posts
    January 19, 2017 9:34 AM PST

Looks amazing as usual, thanks for wetting my palette :)

• 144 posts
    January 19, 2017 9:45 AM PST

Incredible.

For so many years, I never thought I would ever see this happen.

There was no spark of light, it seemed like there would be no hope for any form of actual challenging, meaningful game mechanics and content in an MMO ever again.  I, and I think everyone here as well, hoped for so long that that one day a game would be made where the graphics match the "next-level" challenge in gameplay. A game where the content and quests as well as the high level of social grouping and guilding and guild competition would all be there and integrate,  all the things that an MMO like Everquest had to offer, and it is coming to us all soon... and more

Thank you so, so very much to Kilsin and VRI for keeping us in the loop as much as they do and for all your efforts, innovation and hard work on creating the world of Pantheon. I know it's been said before, but imo, it just cannot be said enough. Thank you for creating Pantheon!

• 2752 posts
    January 19, 2017 9:46 AM PST

Those are some sexy snow laden pines! 

• 26 posts
    January 19, 2017 9:47 AM PST

Looks great, so looking forward to wandering around this land

• 279 posts
    January 19, 2017 10:34 AM PST

Love the climbing. Hope everyone can hop on the Orgre and slide back down when they're done.

• 42 posts
    January 19, 2017 12:10 PM PST

/drool/daydream....        I don't know about you guys, but every damn time the pics or vids are posted I like a dummy start clickin my mouse and tappin the keyboard thinking I can run,jump ect ,I forget that I am not in the game *sigh*They are awesome shots and can't wait until I can really move  in the game.Thank You

• 106 posts
    January 19, 2017 12:50 PM PST

The texture work on the armor looks amazing.  Nice touch on that scarf as well.  Oh yeah, and now debating a new vid card for all that landscape.  Could take pics without the UI and print and frame em.  Sheesh.

• 839 posts
    January 19, 2017 1:48 PM PST

Oh man...  so epic! I am thinking i will have to get an extra hard drive just for storing the tens of millions of screenshots i will be taking in this game lol!

I will be forever stopping and taking screen shots from various angles.. seriously man these shots are so nice!! You're making waiting for this game nearly impossible to stand!

• 12 posts
    January 19, 2017 2:08 PM PST

The sheer scope of the third photo is amazing. I bet it looks even more increadible looking forward from the party. 

• 363 posts
    January 19, 2017 2:41 PM PST

These screenshots (and latest vids) make me glad I upgraded my computer recently. Nicely done, VR!

• 9115 posts
    January 19, 2017 3:43 PM PST

Faux said:

Very nice screenshots, Kilsin. The models are really looking good too.  Are the models of each race the same currently or do you have it capable of rendering different armor visuals already?

We are actually working on some of that right now man, so stay tuned for more improvements on armour and appearance :)

• 9115 posts
    January 19, 2017 3:44 PM PST

Quintra said:

So what is the dev team's vision for a location like this? It's clearly outdoors, so it's not a dungeon per se... What are your thought on an "outdoor dungeon" basically the same concept as a dungeon crawl except you're climbing up a steep, perilous mountain, where at the top there is a deadly dragon guarding hordes of treasure (for example)!!

Will there be groups of people camped along the trail, pulling mobs for xp, and the higher you get, the more difficult mobs get? Or is it just a beautifully rendered path that we get to enjoy on our way to the top where there is something glorious waiting for us, like the entrance to a dungeon, some out-of-the-way quest NPC etc. 

Or a mix of everything, where there are good places for people to camp and grind xp along the way, but there is also a reason to get to the top?

If you watch our second stream you will see for yourself, we run through this area, show off magic forces that harm us, a certain type of mob in large groups and fight a boss at the top ;)

• 2752 posts
    January 19, 2017 3:53 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Faux said:

Very nice screenshots, Kilsin. The models are really looking good too.  Are the models of each race the same currently or do you have it capable of rendering different armor visuals already?

We are actually working on some of that right now man, so stay tuned for more improvements on armour and appearance :)

Oh sweet Gods, please let the same armor look different between the races.  :D

• 613 posts
    January 19, 2017 4:18 PM PST

Noticed a scarf and then my eyes went to the armor......That looks great! 

Looking awesome!!

Ox

• 264 posts
    January 19, 2017 4:53 PM PST

Mucho Frio; I see a cold climate that requires a Scarf for protection and some good looking armour. All of the pieces show nicely and clearly as individual items when worn.   

Sweet !

• 93 posts
    January 19, 2017 5:31 PM PST

Looking great!

I do like that the metal looks shiny and looks like metal!  I hope that metal armour doesn't bend like it's fabric and stays rigid, I minor thing I know  :-P

Time to do another read through of all the lore and info.

• 393 posts
    January 19, 2017 5:41 PM PST

Alix said:

/drool/daydream....        I don't know about you guys, but every damn time the pics or vids are posted I like a dummy start clickin my mouse and tappin the keyboard thinking I can run,jump ect ,I forget that I am not in the game *sigh*They are awesome shots and can't wait until I can really move  in the game.Thank You

You should see me when I watch the twitch streams.

I'm not admitting anything, just sayin...

>.>

• 142 posts
    January 19, 2017 5:53 PM PST

These environments look amazing, can't wait to see them with my own eyes in game!

• 65 posts
    January 19, 2017 6:17 PM PST

Man everytime I see a new screen shot for this game, it just looks better and better.  You guys at VR are doing a wonderful job!  I would love to be able to get in this game NOW and play it, but I know the longer I have to wait, the better the game will be.  So, take your time, I'll be here waiting....patiently....waiting...

...can we play yet?

• 2138 posts
    January 19, 2017 6:36 PM PST

I just realized the orange-yellow bit on the lower back of the armor of the person wearing the scarf? is the relfection of the torch being held bu someone else,, behind them.

• 31 posts
    January 20, 2017 12:49 AM PST

Quintra said:

So what is the dev team's vision for a location like this? It's clearly outdoors, so it's not a dungeon per se... What are your thought on an "outdoor dungeon" basically the same concept as a dungeon crawl except you're climbing up a steep, perilous mountain, where at the top there is a deadly dragon guarding hordes of treasure (for example)!!

Will there be groups of people camped along the trail, pulling mobs for xp, and the higher you get, the more difficult mobs get? Or is it just a beautifully rendered path that we get to enjoy on our way to the top where there is something glorious waiting for us, like the entrance to a dungeon, some out-of-the-way quest NPC etc.

Did you watch the december stream? Everything you have wished for in this post was seen in the twitch stream.

• 2886 posts
    January 20, 2017 5:35 AM PST

borgy95 said:

Quintra said:

Did you watch the december stream? Everything you have wished for in this post was seen in the twitch stream.

Yup and even the stream before that. It's kinda a combination of all the things you mentioned. It's nonlinear, but there's a bunch of regular aggressive mobs along the path, a big bad boss at the top, and the entrance to Amberfaet is also nearby.