Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What do we wanna be called?

• 409 posts
    December 16, 2016 5:47 AM PST

Termians

• 2138 posts
    December 16, 2016 5:59 AM PST

If Termites is the unofficial forum community name, I think it would be cool if there was an easter egg/hidden, "plane of mischief" like area within a zone, that was a small model of Terminus inhabited by termite-like creatures, with newbies (termbies?) and mature NPC's with a simple but intruiging quest where you are the raid target, or the high level monster as yourself wandering in the zone, and there are two rewards, one if you kill them all and one if you buff them all up and help them- both with the same stats but a different name.

Dynamic so that if you go back with the "help them" reward you get sort of an "all hail J" kind of cheer (A la "Men in Black 2") or of you go back with the "killed them" reward all the termbies run back into the city gates and mature NPC's start gating in and forming up and buffing up.

Maybe to win the "help them" you had to let them get you to 50% health before the quest allowed you to choose to leave or attack/walk out the door of the encounter. The faster you got to 50% the better (like if you buffed them) Or to win the "killed them" you have to wait untill you got to 50% health before you could cast or attack , and then once they are all or %age are dead, then you can choose to leave or walk out the door of the encounter.  

And have it come with a one item permanent storage, like a one item only bank. So you can go back there and get the one item. Not a bag full of items, just one item.

This post was edited by Manouk at December 16, 2016 2:01 PM PST
    • 188 posts
    December 16, 2016 6:04 AM PST

Is this a new phenomenon? I don't remember being called anything in EQ or VG.  Other than "grounded" when I was tying up the phone line with 56k all day during the summer.  

• 109 posts
    December 16, 2016 6:42 AM PST

All updated. Did the best I could. Let me know if there are mistakes. I will fix.

What else can be added? What other sub categories?

• 78 posts
    December 16, 2016 7:52 AM PST

Youmu said:

Neckbeards seem appropriate.

Can't use that. We are a subcategory of it and are looking to specify ourselves.
    We are neckbeards but all neckbeards are not Panetheon ppl. Just simple logic.

//Voices of Terminus' Youmu Svartie

You're right.

"Delusional Neckbeards who have nothing better to do with their lives; hence they create a thread to give themselves a name based on the following of an amazing game."

• 2130 posts
    December 16, 2016 7:54 AM PST

Laura said:

"Delusional Legbeards who have nothing better to do with their lives; hence they reply to a thread to give themselves a sense of superiority on any topic."

FTFY

• 2138 posts
    December 16, 2016 8:41 AM PST

In Trivial pursuit the question/answer is: Q. What are people from the island of Lesbos, called?

A. Lesbosians

To follow the type of question evidenced in Trivual pursuit.

Q. What are people that inhabit Terminus called? A. Terminosians?

or from a lore perspective: The displaced (The Displacements) or the Remnant (has an old terstament flavor)

Heh

• 1778 posts
    December 16, 2016 10:01 AM PST
    Kind of like Terminarians myself.
    • 383 posts
    December 16, 2016 10:05 AM PST

I prefer a global replace of the name Terminus. It just doesn't have a sexy ring to it in my humble opinion. 

• 2130 posts
    December 16, 2016 10:08 AM PST

Not a fan of Terminus either. It is what it is. Too many game worlds with T names.

Telon, Telara, Tamriel, Terminus, etc.

Norrath and Azeroth sound so much better.

This post was edited by Liav at December 16, 2016 10:10 AM PST
    • 109 posts
    December 16, 2016 11:16 AM PST

I like Terminus. Easy to say. Easy to pronounce. Rolls off the tongue easily.

Same with Pantheon. Easy to say. Easy to pronounce. Rolls off the tongue easily.

Things need to be kept to three syllables or less. Nice and simple for naming things.

• 2130 posts
    December 16, 2016 11:34 AM PST

Backin said:

I like Terminus. Easy to say. Easy to pronounce. Rolls off the tongue easily.

Same with Pantheon. Easy to say. Easy to pronounce. Rolls off the tongue easily.

Things need to be kept to three syllables or less. Nice and simple for naming things.

You have to admit that T names are a little bit overdone, though.

• 109 posts
    December 16, 2016 12:20 PM PST

Liav said:

You have to admit that T names are a little bit overdone, though.

I honestly don't know the 3 your have named. Id have to google them.

• 1095 posts
    December 16, 2016 12:30 PM PST

Well in connection with the game, Rise of the Fallen and the pledge item Ring of the Fallen, one could argue that we are the Fallen, the players.

This post was edited by Aich at December 16, 2016 12:33 PM PST
    • 1778 posts
    December 16, 2016 12:49 PM PST
    So we are Nephilim then? :d
    • 1095 posts
    December 16, 2016 1:11 PM PST

Amsai said: So we are Nephilim then? :d

Yeap, Demi-Gods

• 107 posts
    December 16, 2016 1:53 PM PST

Hello everyone. For the forum aspect, for me, i am a Patheonneon. Hey Aich, I was always wondering this myself, "rise of the fallen" who really are the fallen? The players, glad someone mentioned it.

Kilsin only when we are out of line lol.

For ingame, our character(s) living in the world of Terminus...we are (wait three to six months).

• 513 posts
    December 18, 2016 10:13 PM PST

Termini: pronounced term -in - eye

• 220 posts
    December 18, 2016 10:44 PM PST

Termiganders

• 3016 posts
    December 22, 2016 5:21 PM PST

Pantheonians :P

• 363 posts
    December 22, 2016 5:39 PM PST

Ashvaild said: