Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Can Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Still Succeed?

• 902 posts
    November 11, 2023 12:27 PM PST
    Why do feel the need to crap on the game again and again and again?
    • 194 posts
    November 11, 2023 12:31 PM PST
    Can you rephrase the question earnestly and choose a subject next time? If you think I crap on the game, I don't.
    • 902 posts
    November 11, 2023 12:40 PM PST
    I quote: "...that's why they ultimately should shut it down...:
    Regardless. Not worth any more of my time.
    This post was edited by chenzeme at November 11, 2023 12:40 PM PST
    • 194 posts
    November 11, 2023 12:52 PM PST
    chenzeme said:
    I quote: "...that's why they ultimately should shut it down...:
    Regardless. Not worth any more of my time.

Yeah, that wasn't me.
    • 40 posts
    November 11, 2023 12:55 PM PST

I think you quoted the wrong person.

Anyways........ the path to success would be to recapture what they had, anything else is going to be met with dissatisfying the niche audience that this project was centered on and not bring in new players because there are other games that are actually released and popular. 

Trying to serve everyone will mean no one is satisfied. If they cannot do that then officially announce a completely new direction and start over with a new project giving current backers some closure at least and perhaps an apology of some sort, or close it out entirely for the sake of closure.

If they were able to show off at least the same caliber of content they had under Brad that would be something to hang a hat on. Even if it was a totally different vision. But if the first attempt took 10 years and we're effectively scrapping all that came before, I think it's outrageous to assume people will wait another 10 years.

• 902 posts
    November 11, 2023 1:01 PM PST
    And to be fair, I didn't say anyone in particular either. Just way too much doom and gloom.
    • 194 posts
    November 11, 2023 1:02 PM PST
    chenzeme said:
    And to be fair, I didn't say anyone in particular either. Just way too much doom and gloom.

Which is why I asked you to pick someone. You wanted the ambiguity. You want to insult people on here, to judge people on here, to write people off on here. This will all get removed, people are not free to leave valid criticism on here and it's your fault. Know that.
    This post was edited by justdrop at November 11, 2023 1:03 PM PST
    • 902 posts
    November 11, 2023 1:08 PM PST
    Criticism has been valid. But going over and over the same arguments is just ridiculous.
    People don't like graphics, 247, extraction, models, direction change, development time, radio silence, lack of output, etc., etc.
    How many ways can people say the same things?
    • 40 posts
    November 11, 2023 1:15 PM PST

chenzeme said: Criticism has been valid. But going over and over the same arguments is just ridiculous. People don't like graphics, 247, extraction, models, direction change, development time, radio silence, lack of output, etc., etc. How many ways can people say the same things?

How many times do you want people to come up with ideas that would improve things that have an almost but not quite zero chance of being used? You're poo poo'ing people venting their frustration and highlighting of problems that have yet to be addressed or fixed in any way for a passive 'lets just think happy thoughts' approach. Everything people wanted was laid out 10 years ago and has been gone over and talked about since then, if anything is tiresome it's that because it's answering questions that have already been answered ad nauseum. 

People are mad, and it's going to be that way until they see something that is an improvement. Otherwise, they will abandon the forms entirely because the only thing that's "permitted" is hardcore on topic discussion and positive thoughts.

• 902 posts
    November 11, 2023 1:28 PM PST
    The point is that there are no new reasons to be mad. They have been said over and over. Like this conversation, tbh.
    There is a difference between raising new concerns and just regurgitating the same issues again and again.
    • 194 posts
    November 11, 2023 1:44 PM PST
    chenzeme said:
    Like this conversation, tbh.

Nobody's confronted you about your toxicity yet, I don't think.
    This post was edited by justdrop at November 11, 2023 1:45 PM PST
    • 902 posts
    November 11, 2023 1:51 PM PST
    Lmao. Toxicity. I mean. Grow up, mate.
    • 194 posts
    November 11, 2023 1:57 PM PST
    This will all be gone soon, but just know that people know what you are and what you're doing.
    • 902 posts
    November 11, 2023 2:01 PM PST
    The original topic was about constructive conversation. I think it is time to return to that. Don't you?
    • 40 posts
    November 11, 2023 2:03 PM PST

chenzeme said: The original topic was about constructive conversation. I think it is time to return to that. Don't you?

You're the boss. 

• 902 posts
    November 11, 2023 2:04 PM PST
    :D At last! You understand! :D
    • 194 posts
    November 11, 2023 2:04 PM PST
    chenzeme said:
    The original topic was about constructive conversation. I think it is time to return to that. Don't you?

I don't know. Can you?

Prevenge said:
    While I fully understand that negativity tends to dominate current discussions, and that these conversations can sometimes draw unwarranted criticism, I'm here with a sincere commitment to fostering a constructive conversation.

chenzeme said:
    Omg! Drivel and more drivel. Seriously, if you hate the game so much and where it is, why are you constantly posting about it?
    It isn't Pantheon that should shut down.
    You are entitled to your views but to constantly going on and on is just awful.
    • 40 posts
    November 11, 2023 2:06 PM PST

What if we had 2 pets. Like instead of 1 you could have 2.

Maybe that will fund the game.

• 194 posts
    November 11, 2023 2:08 PM PST
    They could always stumble upon buried treasure. That would fund the game.
    • 40 posts
    November 11, 2023 2:10 PM PST

Dancing emotes would really make it appeal to a wider audience.

I think we could fund the game if they had the flossing emote specifically. Also dabbing, I would bet a wide audience would appreciate dabbing in game.

• 902 posts
    November 11, 2023 2:12 PM PST
    Ideas. Hoorah. Well done. Keep it up, we will get pantheon published yet!
    This post was edited by chenzeme at November 11, 2023 2:13 PM PST
    • 194 posts
    November 11, 2023 2:14 PM PST
    chenzeme said:
    Ideas. Hoorah. Well done. Keep it up, we will get pantheon published yet!

So I guess the answer is no for you then :( Unfortunate
    • 194 posts
    November 11, 2023 2:15 PM PST
    Atarius said:

Dancing emotes would really make it appeal to a wider audience.

I think we could fund the game if they had the flossing emote specifically. Also dabbing, I would bet a wide audience would appreciate dabbing in game.

Trails that float behind the player and current popular music are also good ideas.
    • 80 posts
    November 11, 2023 3:45 PM PST
    I agree. We should also have an NBA mode, where your elven ranger can play a quick game of basketball. They should also do a Barbie collab to appeal to a wider female audience. As long as the game gets funded. Who's with me!
    • 40 posts
    November 11, 2023 4:37 PM PST

I like where this is going guys!

The NBA mode could have a little EQ homage. The home team can be "The Gems". /gems brings up your stats and starting lineup.