Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

In One Word - Questing...

• 646 posts
    July 1, 2019 11:11 AM PDT

Immersed. I love being a part of a game's story!

• 184 posts
    July 18, 2019 5:33 AM PDT

synergism

• July 18, 2019 11:15 AM PDT
    Heroic!
    • 124 posts
    July 18, 2019 12:52 PM PDT

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

• 62 posts
    July 19, 2019 12:01 AM PDT

Distracted

At least that is what happenes mostly to me when on a quest. I start exploring and come up anywhere but the quest area.

• 73 posts
    July 19, 2019 8:25 PM PDT
    Squirrel
    • 768 posts
    July 20, 2019 11:23 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

In One Word - Describe how questing makes you feel? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

Submerged

During this phase of 'questing' the dev's have the chance to submerge other people/players into their desired world of fantasy and playstyle. To drag them into the world of their creation.

This post was edited by Barin999 at July 20, 2019 11:24 AM PDT
    • 223 posts
    July 20, 2019 2:15 PM PDT

Engaged

• 18 posts
    July 20, 2019 10:31 PM PDT

Inquisitive.

But it depends what type of questing.

If we're talking WoW questing, the word would be monotonous. I'd rather have a game where you grind mobs for XP and there's a quality over quantity kind of quest system for cool stuff!

Imagine if the only quests in the game were EQ2 style heritage quests + the perception system that's planned. Now that sounds awesome!

• 178 posts
    July 21, 2019 12:15 AM PDT

one word: Tasklisted.

more words: when all you do is going from questhub to questhub, filling your tasklists from NPCs, and then deleting tasks from your tasklists doing chores.
    this means that it is a bad quest design.

if you go through a dark forest and meet and old guy who appears only at night time, and he tell you a story about courage, sacrifice and failed duty that compells you to finish what he started generation ago.
    and you start and adventure that takes you from place to place.

anyway in my "ideal" MMO, your log book can hold only five quests.  (one crafting quest, one class quest, and three world quests) and you have to choose what you do.

• 136 posts
    July 21, 2019 6:50 AM PDT
    Excited
    • 417 posts
    July 21, 2019 3:33 PM PDT

Engaged

• 67 posts
    July 21, 2019 4:57 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

In One Word - Describe how questing makes you feel? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

Conditional.

If well-done, with interesting storylines and themes, not repetitive or mundane "go kill 10 rabbits", or "collect 20 flowers", and I'm not being led around by !s and ?s and glowies and guide trails, and don't even get me started on auto-pathing... I can really get into them. If they're not being treated as a core leveling method (aka standard themepark), they can be fun.

If they're any of those negative things above, then they become a chore, quickly get boring and I hate doing them.

Let me think and use clues and explore and learn the landscape and figure things out on my own. 

You know what MMORPG had excellent questing? Well still does I guess... The Secret World. If nothing else, I would love to see more MMORPGs adopt that game's approach to questing. Not necessarily the "investigation" missions as those got a bit obtuse and required a lot of (IMO) leaps of logic.. but for other quest types, they're among the best in the genre, IMO.

This post was edited by Wolfsong at July 21, 2019 5:00 PM PDT
    • 184 posts
    August 2, 2019 8:50 PM PDT

Required...

Questing give us something to do and encourages community interaction (No person is an island)...

• 114 posts
    August 3, 2019 5:55 PM PDT

(an) Experience

• 23 posts
    August 3, 2019 7:31 PM PDT

ambiguous 

• 2756 posts
    August 8, 2019 2:38 AM PDT

Satisfied