Forums » News and Announcements

Alpha Pledge Test Update - Emails have been Sent

• VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    December 18, 2023 10:35 AM PST

We have a full awareness of the disappointment that the alpha pledge test session postponement caused. We made a commitment to our community and it is important to us that we honor that. Since the postponement, our team has been working on a solution that will bring in alpha pledges for a test session and we have settled on that solution.

- We will be running 3 test sessions for PA testers and alpha pledges over the next 3 days. Invites will go out to those alpha pledges who have registered their keys.

- Registered alpha pledges will be broken down into 3 groups and each group will be assigned a day and a server for testing.

- Emails with details will be going out to alpha pledges later today.

The biggest question is, has the issue that postponed the test on Saturday been fixed? The answer is "No." To mitigate this we are limiting population with the 3 test sessions, performing reboots as needed, and cross-server movement for player characters will not be permitted. Alpha pledges need to be aware that the test server is currently experiencing issues with item/stat loss and these things will not be recoverable. We completely understand that there will be alpha pledges who do not wish to test in this state, and we are planning future test sessions for alpha pledges in 2024 once these issues have been resolved.

Please keep an eye out for more information coming in today.

This post was edited by Savanja at December 18, 2023 10:36 AM PST
    • 19 posts
    December 18, 2023 10:49 AM PST

"The biggest question is, has the issue that postponed the test on Saturday been fixed? The answer is "No.""

Translation: We still have not created any MMO infrastructure or backend, so we need to split everyone up into small testing groups. 

Thanks, but no thanks!

• 44 posts
    December 18, 2023 10:53 AM PST

While not a perfect solution, this is great to see! It's gone from "Not trying" to "Trying". The first announcement was quite insufficient... in several ways. So this is a much needed improvement and update to that.

Whats lost and ruined is peoples weeks of planning for Saturday, and some peoples eventual inability to log in on their hard-assigned session date when they would have otherwise for Saturday. But I hope a sizeable chunk of the community is able to log in at least get their hands on the game for once like they have been needing for the past 10 years. And yes, I hope the limits put in place allow for a relatively stable and enjoyable play session regarding the Persistence system issue.

And my final hope is that, these sessions are productive in help finding the cause of this issue at all, since you tried and failed to fix it. Some extra good should come out of this like that.

• 86 posts
    December 18, 2023 11:55 AM PST

Awesome news.

• 75 posts
    December 18, 2023 12:15 PM PST

Agreed with DarkAkuma. Not the perfect solution but definitely can appreciate you guys at least trying to meet half way while you guys continue to work on a fix. Small steps are still steps.

• 453 posts
    December 18, 2023 12:28 PM PST

OGTomkins said:

Agreed with DarkAkuma. Not the perfect solution but definitely can appreciate you guys at least trying to meet half way while you guys continue to work on a fix. Small steps are still steps.

/AGREE

• 801 posts
    December 18, 2023 12:56 PM PST

Thanks, VR, for the effort so quickly, it was a smart move. I am trying to think what persistence game we had issues with before, OH DAYZ. Different engine though.

Trying to think what they did to correct it; it's been a very long time since i was a tester for them.

Redis database? to keep world persistence's was my best guess.

• 801 posts
    December 18, 2023 12:58 PM PST

OGTomkins said:

No but it could take weeks to find the right solution.

• 25 posts
    December 18, 2023 1:00 PM PST

I will take what I can get at this point. Keeping expectations low, and seriously keeping an open mind.... hope VR is ready to listen. 

• 26 posts
    December 18, 2023 1:06 PM PST

Crazzie said:

OGTomkins said:

No but it could take weeks to find the right solution.

No it wont. This is my career field , it will not take "weeks"

• 49 posts
    December 18, 2023 1:10 PM PST

thank you for patience!

• 1 posts
    December 18, 2023 1:43 PM PST

Now if i can get a response as to why i didn't receive an invite in the first place =(

• 2419 posts
    December 18, 2023 1:55 PM PST

Gelf said:

I will take what I can get at this point. Keeping expectations low, and seriously keeping an open mind.... hope VR is ready to listen. 

Listen to who..about about?  There won't be a single thing you'll find, notice, do, not do or discover that hasn't already been found, noticed, done, not done or discovered and posted to VRs attention since day 1 of PA1 back in 2017.  If they haven't listed to the VIPs yet they aren't going to listen to you or anybody else.

• VR Staff
    • 1337 posts
    December 18, 2023 2:53 PM PST

Couperet said:

Now if i can get a response as to why i didn't receive an invite in the first place =(

I got the impression that it was waiting for ages, based on this comment. Turns out it was only 20mins at the time, which isn't too bad, given how many emails were sent out. In any case, I looked into it myself, have passed on the info to Artois, and he'll be in touch soon to get you sorted. :)

• 3 posts
    December 18, 2023 2:56 PM PST

I didn't receive a email as of yet and yes I have an alpha PKG from way back that does not show up on the pledge menu anymore.

Knight's Pledge is the PKG I bought for Alpha invite. I am a early supporter so maybe this package was changed?

This post was edited by ssidistik at December 18, 2023 2:58 PM PST
    • VR Staff
    • 1337 posts
    December 18, 2023 3:10 PM PST

ssidistik said:

I didn't receive a email as of yet and yes I have an alpha PKG from way back that does not show up on the pledge menu anymore.

Knight's Pledge is the PKG I bought for Alpha invite. I am a early supporter so maybe this package was changed?

Do you make sure you've filed a ticket at https://www.pantheonmmo.com/support so we can look into it and get you fixed up. :)

• 3 posts
    December 18, 2023 3:32 PM PST

Thanks, ticket sent.

Wardain said:

ssidistik said:

Do you make sure you've filed a ticket at https://www.pantheonmmo.com/support so we can look into it and get you fixed up. :)

>EDIT< Thanks Wardain, I am all set up and rdy.

This post was edited by ssidistik at December 19, 2023 10:46 AM PST
    • 6 posts
    December 18, 2023 3:57 PM PST

So we went from a weeknd test where I was able to clear up time to be able to have the oportunity to test, to a last minute weekday test where I will not be able to test due to work load at my job. The disappointment in how this has been handled only grows more and more.

• 7 posts
    December 18, 2023 3:59 PM PST

Just hoping that the issues can get resolved and that there is a plan to collect the data to make further improvements and innovations. Obviously everyone wants to have an at least somewhat functional game to try out after waiting so long but this is an acceptable compromise.

• 33 posts
    December 18, 2023 4:09 PM PST

Likely to sit this one out. 23 hours mid week, work day. After 6 years, I am surprised how unexcited I am now. I will come back when they open an Alpha persistent test. I need to get 50 in Embers, and I am certain I will enjoy it much more for the moment.

• 29 posts
    December 18, 2023 4:13 PM PST

So would the sessions start at 1pm EST during the week? Thank you for letting us see it :)

This post was edited by ghrast at December 18, 2023 4:14 PM PST
    • 194 posts
    December 18, 2023 4:13 PM PST

Vandraad said:

Gelf said:

Listen to who..about about?  There won't be a single thing you'll find, notice, do, not do or discover that hasn't already been found, noticed, done, not done or discovered and posted to VRs attention since day 1 of PA1 back in 2017.  If they haven't listed to the VIPs yet they aren't going to listen to you or anybody else.

No but they'll have a new scapegoat should they fail to meet an upcoming deadline of Alpha testers shirking their duties.

• 29 posts
    December 18, 2023 4:15 PM PST

OGTomkins said:

/Agree

• 14 posts
    December 18, 2023 4:43 PM PST

Still no e-mail here.

/e forlornly refreshing outlook...

Ablazze.

• 9 posts
    December 18, 2023 4:44 PM PST

Will give it a go; unfortunately the wife and I got split into different groups but that's better than nothing.