Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Scenario - Servers need to go down

• 1584 posts
    September 24, 2018 3:19 AM PDT
    Probably either watching TV shows, maybe go play some RL football with friends or play with my gaming friends on either my PS4 or XBOX One
    • 644 posts
    September 26, 2018 5:33 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Scenario - Servers need to go down for an emergency patch/hotfix on your main gaming night, what do you do instead? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

1 - Hit the forums to let the devs know how much you love them and appreciate all their hard work ;)
    2 - Spend time with loved ones and enjoy quality human interactions (IRL FTW)
    3 - Figure out a way to end world poverty and hunger while gaming (Pants optional, obviously)
    4 - Other (explain below)

4 - Other 

Pace angrily

Practice cursing

Telepathically try to control the shakes

Check the server screen again

Mash the keyboard relentlessly

repeat....

• 1303 posts
    September 26, 2018 5:41 PM PDT

Option 4. 

Go to resource sites and research quests, gear, unlocks, etc. Look up sites I've not visited for information on good crafting leveling techniques, locations where rare items can be found, and what kinds of lore has hints of new unexplored avenues, and things I'd never even considered looking up. 

If the game is deep enough I should be easily able to blow several nights learning out of game. 

• 108 posts
    September 27, 2018 8:56 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Scenario - Servers need to go down for an emergency patch/hotfix on your main gaming night, what do you do instead? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

This is a hypothetical question because we all know Visionary Realms is a professional outfit and this would never happen!

I am sure Visionary realms will:

1. Always thorouly test new content prior to releasing it to the public.

2. Always patch the game in off hours during a consistant time frame.

3. Bend over backwards for their paying customers.....

4. Do backflips on command!

• 29 posts
    September 27, 2018 11:01 AM PDT

Option 4 if the patching can be done while toons continue to play in the zone, as mentioned earlier. Else, at least we could continue chatting in the client during the emergency patch and all chat functionality is still 100% functional. Once server is done patching, we would automatically load into the zone.

• 200 posts
    September 28, 2018 4:12 AM PDT
    Servers going down unexpectedly while being at home and planning to play have always resulted in a very clean house with all my chores done, and a proper giggle at the forums exploding with people who rant and rave. I’m evil like that.
    • 690 posts
    October 2, 2018 12:23 AM PDT
    Play another game and probably check the forums for news at the same time
    • 409 posts
    October 2, 2018 8:15 AM PDT

Watch TV.

Play another game.

Read a book.

Go to bed early. 

Etc. Server downtime is an enforced break from the grind. Enjoy it.