Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Weapon type, mob type, and weapon damage

• 16 posts
    May 30, 2018 6:44 AM PDT

I believe this was discussed about a year ago but I'm not sure if it is in.  Are there going to be bonuses with different type of weapons and mob type?  i.e.  Slashing does better against fleshy mobs, blunt better against skeletons.  I like the idea of having use of different weapons depending on the encounter instead of always defaulting to the one weapon with the best damage ratio.  I also like the idea that some classes will be more useful in combat against specific type of mobs than others.  Further defining class roles is a good thing in my humble opinion.

• 612 posts
    May 30, 2018 7:16 AM PDT

From what I recall not only is there going to be mobs that are strong/weak vs weapon types, but there will be classes that are restricted in their weapon types. Monks only use blunt weapons. Dire Lords only use Edge weapons (since they ritually have a need to draw blood).

• 1281 posts
    May 30, 2018 10:32 AM PDT

We have been told this is going to be in game.

I think a few streams ago, Joppa pointed out damage reduction or something to that effect. I'm sure Baz knows exactly where it is, he always does.

• 66 posts
    May 30, 2018 10:41 AM PDT

bigdogchris said:

I'm sure Baz knows exactly where it is, he always does.

Baz the Omniscient

• 2886 posts
    May 30, 2018 11:02 AM PDT

bigdogchris said:

We have been told this is going to be in game.

I think a few streams ago, Joppa pointed out damage reduction or something to that effect. I'm sure Baz knows exactly where it is, he always does.

Yup, here it is: 02:20:50 Weapon and body types in combat

This post was edited by Bazgrim at May 30, 2018 11:02 AM PDT