Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

A couple of questions about the last stream

• 107 posts
    May 13, 2018 8:09 PM PDT
    In the last stream with hiveleader you killed a boss. Now how would that function in a real live game setting?

Would your group normally stay at that "camp" to farm that boss everytime she spawns or are you meant to progress to something else?

Will that boss respawn every time on a timer the same as the trash or different than them? Or will a placeholder spawn instead of her?

Will her loot be rare or will someone like that have rare drops? How would you prevent the problem of a group getting her loot for the 2 people that want it and moving out or do you like it like that?

At one point hiveleader showed that he had a do ability and laughed about using it. I thought that dps abilities and healing abilities used different colored Mana so that a cleric really could do more than heal without the group getting mad about him wasting Mana. Is there not going to be different colors of Mana? Does it not work like I thought?

• 839 posts
    May 13, 2018 8:34 PM PDT

Hey mate, hopefully this helps! My formatting sucks lol

zendrel said: In the last stream with hiveleader you killed a boss. Now how would that function in a real live game setting? Would your group normally stay at that "camp" to farm that boss everytime she spawns or are you meant to progress to something else?

Thats completely up to you and or the group! 

zendrel said:

Will that boss respawn every time on a timer the same as the trash or different than them? Or will a placeholder spawn instead of her?

Likely It will be a chance to spawn the boss again or a place holder mob

zendrel said:

Will her loot be rare or will someone like that have rare drops?

Almost definitely a chance for rares off names

zendrel said:

How would you prevent the problem of a group getting her loot for the 2 people that want it and moving out or do you like it like that? At one point hiveleader showed that he had a do ability and laughed about using it.

A good discussion going on about the philosophy more than the mechanics in another thread as we just dont know for sure yet! 

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/4170/looting-rules

zendrel said:

I thought that dps abilities and healing abilities used different colored Mana so that a cleric really could do more than heal without the group getting mad about him wasting Mana. Is there not going to be different colors of Mana? Does it not work like I thought?

almost definitely will be diff colours of mana.... not su much to seperate types of spells as i know but more about choosing a focus for your line of spell i thought was the last update about this.  Could be wrong!

This post was edited by Hokanu at May 13, 2018 8:38 PM PDT
    • 346 posts
    May 13, 2018 8:37 PM PDT

Dungeons will have multiple bosses, both static and likely transient (roaming). Each will have a varied loot table. Like in EQ, you can ask to be notified when an available spot opens up. Then factor in the multiple dungeons, and the multiple overworld static and transient bosses, all with unique drops. Each named will also have placeholders. Also, no items aside for a few will be no-drop or bound to character or bound on pickup. You can openly trade them for others or sell them. Crafters in the game can change the properties and stats of that piece to fit your character as well and even heighten the potency of the stats. That's when the item becomes "bind on equip". There will also be a method to use nice dropped items to convert them into something else entirely. Not quite sure what it is, but one that was validated was that crafters need named items to deconstruct them. The specifics are still unknown.

The fact items will be tradeable means we won't have an issue with being pigeon hole'd and the sheer number of gear variants you'll need to include the number of slots available, it'll be a long process that continues even to raid drops.

This post was edited by Janus at May 13, 2018 8:42 PM PDT
    • 1860 posts
    May 13, 2018 8:42 PM PDT

I recommend you read up on the colored mana system.  There is speculation that the system has been heavily changed since it was first introduced and it will not be nearly as robust as originally advertised.

• 107 posts
    May 13, 2018 9:07 PM PDT
    Where would I read about the most recent info on colored Mana?
    • 1479 posts
    May 13, 2018 11:15 PM PDT

For now all we know about colored mana, is that some classes can use Mana at much as Stamina...

Like thehiveleader had some Stam damage skills in addition to his mana costing nukes.

That's pretty much all we know yet, as the overall system was not described and doesn't seem to be implemented from all we have seen.

• 1860 posts
    May 13, 2018 11:37 PM PDT

Its been talked about in streams (but i'm under the impression that what was shared in the early stream may be invalid at this point).  There are a few threads at least where it has been discussed by the community that can be dug up.

This post was edited by philo at May 14, 2018 12:14 AM PDT
    • 839 posts
    May 13, 2018 11:46 PM PDT

Yerp.. I just realised my coloured mana comment goes back to that state of the game 2015 statement from Joppa.. oops!