Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Suggestion: PRoTF Thing of the Week

• 9 posts
    May 8, 2018 10:53 AM PDT

I just returned from a business trip and popped over to the Pantheon forums and I'm kinda disappointed to see there's really nothing new. I think it would be really great if the devs could post a screenshot / concept art / ability description / something else interesting every few days or at least every week. I want Pantheon to succeed SOOOO bad, and I'm a little concerned that new people may find their way to the forums, read through, come back a few days or weeks later and see almost no movement, and assume nothing is progressing.

I completely understand that the devs have their hands full trying to get the game launched, I really do. In fact, I'll even offer to post stuff for them if they just want to send me grabs, etc. periodically. I'll do anything in my power to help!

• 1120 posts
    May 8, 2018 11:04 AM PDT

How long were you away.  You reference a few days to a few weeks.  Those are substantially different timeframes.

In the last few weeks weve had 4 streams that account for over 5 hours of gameplay footage and 2 different dungeons.  A slew of new information from those streams and a ton of information regarding timelines coming out of PAX East.

If you're only looking at the website. And not the forums and youtube, you're making a mistake.  I believe the website is in the process of being upgraded or moved, which is why the updates havent been made to it.  But I could be wrong.

• 9 posts
    May 8, 2018 11:17 AM PDT

I was gone just under a week. I know streams have been posted recently, but there weren't any new posts in the news & announcements forum, which is where I assume most people will continually check for new info. 

I'm just trying to encourage lots of customer activation / participation to build the anticipation. Honestly I was a little surprised to see a lack of of the week on the forums and website. It's a quick and easy thing to do, but it often gets lost in the sea of more important things. I completely understand where they're coming from, as customer activation and business development is my career path. :)

• 1479 posts
    May 8, 2018 11:36 AM PDT

Newsletter should hit tomorrow, or next wednesday, just be patient.

The game is not in a state where everything is leaked to maintin a hype level  constant while doing nothing more than what is shown. What is one week in the numerous years of game development ?

• 769 posts
    May 8, 2018 11:41 AM PDT

MauvaisOeil said:

Newsletter should hit tomorrow, or next wednesday, just be patient.

The game is not in a state where everything is leaked to maintin a hype level  constant while doing nothing more than what is shown. What is one week in the numerous years of game development ?

I agree with everything you said - but I also see where the OP is coming from. The game is NOT in a state where everything is leaked to maintain a hype level, but it is most certainly in a place in the organic timeline of MMO's that hype WILL grow. We're in pre-alpha, word is spreading, streams are going out there, there are more new people on the forums every dat. It's just going to grow from there. 

Again, I agree - but we're also going to see more and more of these posts, I think. 

• 2752 posts
    May 8, 2018 11:43 AM PDT

Well they aren't looking to start they hype train anytime soon, far too early for that.

There really isn't much to show right now outside of the occasional stream as the abilities are in flux so showcasing them wouldn't be the best, and there is only a limited amount of content "okayed" to show so screenshots tended to end up being months of pictures of the same few places in different angles back when they were posting them more regularly.

Usually at this phase of development most people wouldn't even know the game existed or would only know the name with maybe a basic website that has very general info. (Not counting the modern "early access" development model.)  

• 287 posts
    May 8, 2018 12:02 PM PDT

Man I hope that newsletter drops tomorrow, but not gonna hold my breath as previous months have come out closer to the middle of the month, which is still a week away. I too have been hovering over the forums for new news and trying to find new nuggets that I hadn't previously known about. I love the newsletters as they have a TON of information in them. I wonder if it would be possible to make newsletters drop every other week instead with half of the information (its a lot to read in one session as is).

Just my two cents, but keep up the good work VR! Just gonna twiddle my thumbs until more info comes in.

This post was edited by randomrob82 at May 8, 2018 12:10 PM PDT
    • 9 posts
    May 8, 2018 12:14 PM PDT

Had it not been for the crowd-funding nature of the game and continued pledges, I would be totally fine with trickling out info very very slowly. But I think when you're activating the community in such a way as to procure funding for the project the more you can share, the better.

• 1281 posts
    May 8, 2018 1:01 PM PDT

I would normally agree. However, I think that they put a lot of work into the monthly newsletter and share the ideas like you suggest within that.

Where this discussion can go is to give VR some ideas of how they can change it up a little. Say, talk about the direction they want to go with certain class abilities or spells, or the philosophies behind the playstyles, or something like that.

Additionally, Kilsin posts a weekly discussion question to keep people engaged.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at May 8, 2018 1:04 PM PDT
    • 239 posts
    May 8, 2018 1:40 PM PDT
    The monthly news letter is a great touch. If I could put words in the OP post... VR needs a web base PR person ;)
    But like other have posted I don't think they are at a stage in the game where they feel 100% comfortable releasing much information due to the fact it could change next month.
    Saw in one of the streams last week or so a level 20ish shaman with a GROUP heal spell. I myself would think something that small could and should change. Something stupid like a spell being released as game update information could become very confussing very fast.
    I agree I would love to see uodates on a weekly basis and not the same post and news letter all week. I just don't think they are at that stage just yet.
    • 3016 posts
    May 8, 2018 8:00 PM PDT

Iksar said:

Well they aren't looking to start they hype train anytime soon, far too early for that.

There really isn't much to show right now outside of the occasional stream as the abilities are in flux so showcasing them wouldn't be the best, and there is only a limited amount of content "okayed" to show so screenshots tended to end up being months of pictures of the same few places in different angles back when they were posting them more regularly.

Usually at this phase of development most people wouldn't even know the game existed or would only know the name with maybe a basic website that has very general info. (Not counting the modern "early access" development model.)  

This..game world still being built,  some things are still placeholder,  there's more testing to do over the rest of the year.   Black Rose Dungeon was brand new for Pax.   Also there are postings on Reddit, Mmorpg.com,  Facebook,  Twitter..and all the livestreams that have been uploaded to You-tube.   Lots to look at, lots to read.  :)

Cana