Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What do you miss?

• 1019 posts
    April 24, 2018 11:38 AM PDT

Getting lost and being surprised by finding a new (what I thought was hidden, unexplored) area.  I miss finding a peice of gear that seemed to matter.  Upgrades that happend with every level increase of gear is boring.

• 247 posts
    April 24, 2018 11:39 AM PDT

Oxillion said:

Krugus said:

Venjenz said:

I miss development forums that were honest, constructive and cut straight the point, having been replaced with these sycophant echo chambers of false adulation and hero worship. This trend in game forums, where criticism only happens AFTER a game is released and almost never during its development, is the single most common root cause of so many failures, particularly in the MMO genre. 

I also miss games that were made under the theory of a game the developers wanted to play, versus a game that sells boxes and grabs as many "one month and done" subscriptions as possible.

I miss games that started off difficult and never got easier because of level and/or gear. Hip hip hooray for exponential mob difficulty curves, where things get harder and less forgiving as you level up.

THIS!

Oh yes Ox agrees!!!

Yep this  and where cohh it its not vips doing a stream befor its available  to them it should be him as its been whats been expected ..  

• 180 posts
    April 24, 2018 12:28 PM PDT

Venjenz said:

I miss development forums that were honest, constructive and cut straight the point, having been replaced with these sycophant echo chambers of false adulation and hero worship. This trend in game forums, where criticism only happens AFTER a game is released and almost never during its development, is the single most common root cause of so many failures, particularly in the MMO genre. 

I also miss games that were made under the theory of a game the developers wanted to play, versus a game that sells boxes and grabs as many "one month and done" subscriptions as possible.

I miss games that started off difficult and never got easier because of level and/or gear. Hip hip hooray for exponential mob difficulty curves, where things get harder and less forgiving as you level up.

THIS

And not to mention that outsiders or general public get to see new areas of the game before any VIP's do, so i ask myself "Just exactly what is a VIP" ?

This post was edited by Zani at April 24, 2018 12:30 PM PDT
    • 28 posts
    April 25, 2018 3:45 AM PDT

Nephele said:

I think there are a lot of ingredients to make a good, compelling MMORPG/world. They are all present in some degree in the games I have played recently, although they seem to be getting harder and harder to find though.

The thing I miss though, that I haven't really been able to find in any game or world I have played in a long while, is patience on the part of the general playerbase. Everyone is so focused on getting to the end as fast as possible, on keeping up, catching up, doing it all as quick as they can...that they never really stop to appreciate what they have.

I miss the days when people understood that they didn't need to rush, that the content would be there when they were ready, and that the other players they needed to so that content would still be there too. When people felt like they could take the game in their own way and at their own pace, without having to rush to keep up with everyone else.

It is my hope that Pantheon can be designed in such a way as to bring this back. It will be hard since this isn't really a conscious choice players make.  It's something where the game has to be set up so that if someone misses an evening of leveling, they aren't really behind their friends in any meaningful way.  Where people have time to do their own thing and can still join together and help each other. It involves every aspect of the game though, not just the speed of leveling.  But that is what I miss.

• 28 posts
    April 25, 2018 3:50 AM PDT

I agree Nephele once the game is out of testing and starts for real I will be thinking of slowing my experience gain at certain levels as I used to do on the eq pvp server, and try to enjoy all the content meant for that level that I can find. I hope we will have this option, no rush in this girl :p

This post was edited by Pada at April 25, 2018 3:55 AM PDT
    • 1860 posts
    April 25, 2018 8:15 AM PDT

Pada said:

I agree Nephele once the game is out of testing and starts for real I will be thinking of slowing my experience gain at certain levels as I used to do on the eq pvp server, and try to enjoy all the content meant for that level that I can find. I hope we will have this option, no rush in this girl :p

You won't have to worry about slowing your experience.  You will have the option to temporarily delevel so that you can play through content at the appropriate level.  I encourage looking up the mentor system.

• 99 posts
    April 25, 2018 11:38 AM PDT
    Feeeling lost its to easy to mount and explore now days. When i started EQ i was scared to get lost for fear of not finding my corpse. It actually happened one night i fell asleep on my keyboard woke up dead and i had no flippin clue where my body was but after shouting a couple messages and a 3-4 hour search somone found it and gave me the cords.
    • 98 posts
    April 25, 2018 12:42 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

What is something you miss the most about gaming these days, compared to the past?

Logging into a MUD and seeing the following:

You are hungry.

You are thirsty.

And having to figure out for myself what to do about it.

• 28 posts
    April 25, 2018 9:22 PM PDT

philo said:

Pada said:

You won't have to worry about slowing your experience.  You will have the option to temporarily delevel so that you can play through content at the appropriate level.  I encourage looking up the mentor system.

I am aware of the mentoring system but I would like the ability to choose what percentage of my experience gain goes towards the level of my character.

• 51 posts
    May 4, 2018 6:45 PM PDT

Nihimon said:

Kilsin said:

What is something you miss the most about gaming these days, compared to the past?

Logging into a MUD and seeing the following:

You are hungry.

You are thirsty.

And having to figure out for myself what to do about it.

Logging into the mainframe to play Zork and having to think up my own visuals from the text provided: "You are in a dark tunnel when you happen upon three doors. The middle door has a runestone above it that reads VZXIII..."

This post was edited by Hauskat at May 4, 2018 7:02 PM PDT
    • 51 posts
    May 4, 2018 7:01 PM PDT

double post

This post was edited by Hauskat at May 4, 2018 7:02 PM PDT