Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Best Memory?

• 25 posts
    April 17, 2018 2:27 PM PDT

My first 5 minutes after getting my flying mount in Shadowmoon Valley in WoW.

I realize a lot of people think flying mounts were a huge mistake for immersion purposes, and there is some truth to that.  Doesn't change the fact that that first 5 minutes was absolutely amazing.

• 52 posts
    April 17, 2018 4:51 PM PDT

Best memory hands down in EQ (or any MMO for that matter) is my 68 hour Ragefire camp in Solb for my epic.  Would NEVER do anything like that ever again but looking back it was pretty special.

• 752 posts
    April 17, 2018 5:32 PM PDT
    My first raids were some of the best. Naggy was so powerful and it was amazing that we actually managed to kill him! The whole experience was electrifying and i won CoF on my first raid! My first PoH raid and sneaking up to maestro’s bedroom for my rogue epic book. Never been so scared of a CR in my life! Making friends and joining a guild/family!
    • 107 posts
    April 17, 2018 8:53 PM PDT

vanguard was killing kotasoth. iirc it was the last shot before they allowed 24 man raids on him which rather trivialized the fight, so we had pressure to get it done that week. took us a bit becuase we made a point of not looking for strats or bugging it. all the build up and deaths and accidental evacing of a group.

SWGs i got a jedi rather early, before the village so the nerf that came sucked, but then i took on a guildy as an apprentice when he finished the village. put together a ceremony with a speech that was rather fun. or using several resource deeds and hours to get the perfect lightsaber or crafting ris armor or av-21s. most favorite crafting. or taming rancor on dathomir.

exploring! in vanguard following the north thestra coast to get to old targonor at lvl 10ish. being killed and porting inland surrounded by mobs so my only escape was east over the mountains and making it to the dwarves starting area after much effort. or running around to the necropolis having no idea what i was going to find. in SWGs running from one starport to another and stumbling upon the wollymander temple (yavin iirc.) or seeing a terminal way over on the west edge of dathomir and thinking well i got a long way to go to find out why that is there and stumbling upon the prison.

ooh! i wonder what is on that island...

• 25 posts
    April 19, 2018 10:37 AM PDT

Oh I forgot a couple.

I started as a barbarian rogue and was killing in Everfrost.  My first time I attacked a gnoll it talked trash to me and used MY NAME!  No game had ever done anything like this and it freaked me out!

Also hanging out in Blackburrow with a group of people, I asked them if they could see me when I hit hide/sneak.  When I disappeared and they really could not see me it was an amazing revelation.

• 1281 posts
    April 19, 2018 12:13 PM PDT

spryler said:

Oh I forgot a couple.

I started as a barbarian rogue and was killing in Everfrost.  My first time I attacked a gnoll it talked trash to me and used MY NAME!  No game had ever done anything like this and it freaked me out!

Also hanging out in Blackburrow with a group of people, I asked them if they could see me when I hit hide/sneak.  When I disappeared and they really could not see me it was an amazing revelation.

This last thing is one thing I don't like about most post-EQ MMOs.  You don't truly disappear to others as a Rogue.  Unfortunately, it looks like Pantheon is going to be much the same way....

• 1281 posts
    April 19, 2018 12:20 PM PDT

There are FAR too many "favorite" memories to catalog, and I fear ones that I have forgotten, so I will go with a feeling.

When I first logged into EQ, shortly after Kunark came out, it was just the AWESOMENESS of it.  The graphics are good for the time, but not great.  The sound was good, but not great.  The control system was good, but not great.  HOWEVER......  When you combined the totality of it all, it made for a great game.

On top of that, there was an awesome community.  While every crows has its share of assholes, over-all EQ had great people and that made for a most excellent experience.

Another thing that I loved was exploring, whether with people or alone.  I had plenty of deaths and close calls, but I also had many "ooooo" and "ahhhh" moments.  The first time I visited Thurgadin.  The first time I visited Highpass.  The first time I visited Kunark.  The first time I visited Neriak, even though I wasn't a DEF.

I was hoping for more of the same from Vanguard, and I got it, up until SoE got their grubby hands on it and ruined it.

• 12 posts
    April 19, 2018 1:23 PM PDT

A 30 hr camp with a RL friend in Highhold Pass just to get a Polished Granite Tomahawk  . Was epic