Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Server Reset - Now What?

• 166 posts
    January 23, 2018 12:10 PM PST

Would I ever again break the golden rule: "Never play on a patch day"?

Well probably I would :)

First thing I would do is to check out whats new to to game and after that just continue with what I stopped when logging out.

• 25 posts
    January 23, 2018 5:16 PM PST

Kilsin said:

When the servers come back up after a reset or update, what is the first thing you usually check out? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

First thing I check for is juicy raid-targets or named spawns :P
    But that was the name of the game in Everquest

• 208 posts
    January 23, 2018 5:51 PM PST

Am I the only one that immediately heads to the bank and cleans out the trash items that sell for good money if there are not that many on a vendor first thing after a reboot?

• 1479 posts
    January 23, 2018 11:14 PM PST

I usually go throught the patchnote first, and go to check the novelties that could interest me at first. No rush for named spawn here, I'm not "that" providing.

• 1120 posts
    January 24, 2018 10:26 AM PST

Celandor said:

Sabot said:

This is something that I kind of hope goes away. The whole repoping of rare spawn mobs after a reset. Would love to see them just have their respawn timers randomized on a server reset. One of the things I hated about EQ was that some of the stuff could be put on lockdown by a guild if they knew the last time it was killed. Make it so no one ever know when something is going to pop, even after a server reset.

I couldn't agree more, Sabot.  Timers need to be randomized.  I'd take it a little farther and suggest that wherever possible, the spawn locations should also be randomized.  Add to that, I'd like to see drops happen from a specific level or tier of boss mob, rather than have a specific item always drop from the same boss.  Still make certain drops rare, but remove the ability for a specific guild or group to be able to lock down a specific epic drop, thus holding an entire class for ransom.

I understand the point of wanting random timers and spawn points, but it all honesty that wouldn't really change anything.    Most of the top eq guilds also mobilized better than any other guild.   Just because you randomize spawn points doesn't mean that guild still wouldn't beat you to that spawn.    Same with random timers, eventually people will narrow down spawn Windows to + or - however many hours just like in eq.

This suggestion of making mobs MORE random will actually hurt less hardcore guilds more than help them imo.

• 151 posts
    January 24, 2018 11:25 AM PST

Porygon said:

Celandor said:

Sabot said:

This is something that I kind of hope goes away. The whole repoping of rare spawn mobs after a reset. Would love to see them just have their respawn timers randomized on a server reset. One of the things I hated about EQ was that some of the stuff could be put on lockdown by a guild if they knew the last time it was killed. Make it so no one ever know when something is going to pop, even after a server reset.

I couldn't agree more, Sabot.  Timers need to be randomized.  I'd take it a little farther and suggest that wherever possible, the spawn locations should also be randomized.  Add to that, I'd like to see drops happen from a specific level or tier of boss mob, rather than have a specific item always drop from the same boss.  Still make certain drops rare, but remove the ability for a specific guild or group to be able to lock down a specific epic drop, thus holding an entire class for ransom.

I understand the point of wanting random timers and spawn points, but it all honesty that wouldn't really change anything.    Most of the top eq guilds also mobilized better than any other guild.   Just because you randomize spawn points doesn't mean that guild still wouldn't beat you to that spawn.    Same with random timers, eventually people will narrow down spawn Windows to + or - however many hours just like in eq.

This suggestion of making mobs MORE random will actually hurt less hardcore guilds more than help them imo.

As it relates to the topic here it wold make a difference. A lot of pleople are saying that when the log into the server after a restart the first thing they do is check their rare spawn camp. If all of them are on random spawn timers then the odds of one being up on a restart are slim. The odds would be no different that checking the spawn at any other time of the day on a non-restart game day. I don't want a spawn window that is small like it seems to me like you are saying. I am talking about a window that ranges from 10 minutes to several days. You can't really lock that down. Anyone has a chance at it unless you want to mobilize your guild to camp it 24/7. In that case go for it, and you will have to check 5 or more alternate spawn locations spread thorugh out a given area while you are at it. 

I don't want to stop top guilds from killing rares. I just want to make it so no one group can lock it down. My way several guilds could all be in competition for the same thing at the same time. And having things pop on a server reset just seems to...artificial for me. Server reset should not interrupt the world if that makes sense.

• 3016 posts
    January 24, 2018 8:45 PM PST

Patch notes FIRST...read up on bug fixes..and so on. :)

• 24 posts
    January 26, 2018 5:14 AM PST

A lot of guilds or players would camp a toon near or at a spawn point for a boss mob, so that when a server reset happens they can quickly login and check if a boss mob is up or not.

The option I am suggesting is a flag that the devs can set before a server is brought back up.

This flag would cause people to return to their bind point or home city.  Maybe after the login screen would be a selection for bind point or home city.

People could reset their bind point before a server goes down for a scheduled server reset, that way they have a little control of were they will end up.

I am sure their is a lot of detail I have not worked through but maybe it an idea that can work.

• 333 posts
    January 27, 2018 4:23 AM PST

Log the spot alts for contested content or rare named spawns.

• 37 posts
    January 27, 2018 5:21 AM PST

Xxar said:

Log the spot alts for contested content or rare named spawns.

i really hope this will go away with Pantheon.

• 333 posts
    January 27, 2018 5:40 AM PST

If there is contested content or rare spawns expect it.

• 112 posts
    January 27, 2018 6:24 AM PST

Gjerde said: Same, but I tend to focus on the class patch notes and then I quickly go over the other stuff.

Same as well. I go over my class notes and general information.

• 644 posts
    January 27, 2018 8:51 AM PST

Kilsin said:

When the servers come back up after a reset or update, what is the first thing you usually check out? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

Instantly and immediately rush around to check all the rare named spawns to farm rare drops from them.