Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Do You Sell or Hoard?

• 9115 posts
    January 11, 2018 3:56 AM PST

When finishing a dungeon run, do you sell straight away or do you rummage through all the shiniest items looking for things to store for later? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

• 1315 posts
    January 11, 2018 4:09 AM PST

The amount I hoard is directly proportional to how many of the items are usable in trade skills.

• 3 posts
    January 11, 2018 4:25 AM PST
    Hoard, I love to find things and try different builds. I hate one option (or the best) builds. Especially if you get the feel of getting a unique item. Ugh “like, maybe you only have x-amount of drops from some randomly roaming goblin or forest giant.”
    • 1479 posts
    January 11, 2018 4:33 AM PST

I hoard, nothing is more painfull than needing something you sold and realizing later it's a rare drop that you now need.

• 793 posts
    January 11, 2018 4:53 AM PST

Both, depending on the item and what alts I may have or am considering.

• 2138 posts
    January 11, 2018 5:01 AM PST

Hoarder. I get a bit of satisfaction from using something that I had saved ages ago but for which I did not then know the use. So when I finally go to inventory and see that item and am able to use it in a complicated quest or recipe, I feel quite smug.

This post was edited by Manouk at January 11, 2018 5:02 AM PST
    • 43 posts
    January 11, 2018 5:23 AM PST

Fulton said:

Both, depending on the item and what alts I may have or am considering.

Same here.  I like a clean inventory, but my banks are often bursting at the seams.

• 690 posts
    January 11, 2018 5:48 AM PST

Kilsin said:

When finishing a dungeon run, do you sell straight away or do you rummage through all the shiniest items looking for things to store for later? #PRF #MMORPG #MMO #communitymatters

I hoard tradeskill items for whatever tradeskills i have (usually everything that is available to me).

I sell everything else

• 1281 posts
    January 11, 2018 5:58 AM PST

I do a combination of both, really. Some stuff I even give away to lower level people that could use it. It kind of depends on what I have going on.

• 21 posts
    January 11, 2018 7:00 AM PST

My wife hates my in-game hoarding. She says my bags give her a migrane, or something like that.

I look at her screen and all her equipment in bags are way too organized.

• 2756 posts
    January 11, 2018 7:19 AM PST

I hoard, but I like to trade also. Are we going to be able to break stuff down for crafting?...

• 1095 posts
    January 11, 2018 8:42 AM PST

Kilsin said:

I tend to hoard gems. I like the idea of having tons of gems in my bank vault like the cave in Aladdin. Plus I may need a gem for something.

• 801 posts
    January 11, 2018 8:49 AM PST

Hoard but only if bags are deep enough like 100 stacks, otherwise id rather bite my teeth with a 10 bag slot.

This is why i never hoarded in EQ at the start of it all, too many drops not enough room. I waited until they allowed larger stacking and bigger bags.

• 1921 posts
    January 11, 2018 9:11 AM PST

Presuming we're still dealing with "this rat/slime/snake/tiny lizard/bee/beetle drops a complete magical & immediately equippable/wearable piece of metal armor" mechanic from 1999?

I guess I would just sell it.  /shrug

Hopefuly I will be inclined salvage everything, or hopefully sacrifice everything, instead.

But honestly?  If we're going this route, might as well just jump right to the GW2 inventory system.  It's the best I've ever seen, from a pure convenience perspective.

• 98 posts
    January 11, 2018 9:34 AM PST

Hoard tradeskill items, hoard decent items to give to newbies, hoard really nice items for equipping. I also hoard funny items.

My friends always have to check if I have enough space for a handful of items when they want me to help transfer stuff.

• 105 posts
    January 11, 2018 9:53 AM PST

I usually, like most I would imagine, have a "banker" character who lives in a main city and keeps stacks of stuff for me should I ever need it. Anything I know I'm not going to need would be split between guildies / guild bank and of course selling... man I've got five alts to feed!

• 1714 posts
    January 11, 2018 10:34 AM PST

I tend to give lots of things away. If it isn't a high value item that sells well or would be good for an alt, I'm not going to through the "pain" of selling it. 

• 2752 posts
    January 11, 2018 10:40 AM PST

Anything with little to no value to players I sell to NPCs immediately. Most everything else I hold to sell to players at a later date. I don't hoard much of anything these days.

• 121 posts
    January 11, 2018 10:45 AM PST
    I'm a part time hoarder. I'll dump the obvious vendor trash stuff first then dump everything else in the bank. Then during those times that I only have like 15-60 mins before I have to log, I will clean out the bank. It guarantees me something to do for those limited play times.
    • 1281 posts
    January 11, 2018 10:55 AM PST

I sell unless I have an immediate need.

• 430 posts
    January 11, 2018 11:57 AM PST

Both , half the time i need the item i just sold :)

This post was edited by Shea at January 11, 2018 4:29 PM PST
    • 470 posts
    January 11, 2018 2:01 PM PST

Kilsin said:

I always rummage first and hoard anything potentially useful, especially for crafting. Rest goes to the vendor. :)

• 1860 posts
    January 11, 2018 2:35 PM PST

It depends on bank space...I guess I'm a hoarder until I run out of room.

This post was edited by philo at January 11, 2018 2:36 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    January 11, 2018 3:01 PM PST

Ooh, these replies are more mixed than I thought they would be! :D

• 363 posts
    January 11, 2018 3:09 PM PST

I hoard stuff waayyy too much, I am afraid. Hope our bank vault sizes are huge...