Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Christmas 2017...the Christmas that wasn't

• 28 posts
    December 25, 2017 1:00 AM PST

Anyone else just a twinge disappointed we didn't wake up to Pantheon special video to celebrate the season?

Just a little clip of of a decorated town hall or central square and orc guts hung from the chimney with care. Is that too much to have hoped for?

• 633 posts
    December 25, 2017 5:42 AM PST

I'm personally glad they didn't spend their time and resources creating such a thing.  Maybe when the game is released (or almost released) they can take the time.

• 72 posts
    December 25, 2017 5:47 AM PST

Well I hope all the people at VR and all the people I will be spending tons of time with from alpha on have a great holidays, and a happy new year!

• 2886 posts
    December 25, 2017 7:55 AM PST

Yes that is too much to have hoped for tbh. At least at this stage. So no, I'm not the least bit disappointed. I find it best to always keep my expectations very low. Cinematics like that take much more time and money to produce well than most people realize. And they are currently up their noses with work on Pre-Alpha, which is much more important. So actually, in that sense, I probably would have been disappointed if they did make a clip like that haha

Maybe that sort of thing will be more common post-launch. They already officially acknowledged the holidays here which is plenty sufficient imo: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/7746/happy-holidays-everyone/view/post_id/146918

This post was edited by Bazgrim at December 25, 2017 8:01 AM PST
    • 319 posts
    December 25, 2017 8:25 AM PST

frdmlover said:

Anyone else just a twinge disappointed we didn't wake up to Pantheon special video to celebrate the season?

Just a little clip of of a decorated town hall or central square and orc guts hung from the chimney with care. Is that too much to have hoped for?

No need to waste resources and time to create such a video. I personaly hope they spend that time improving the game and move on to alpha sooner than later.

If you want orc guts displayed then take that turkey carcus outside and use your imagination.

• 1019 posts
    December 25, 2017 8:51 AM PST

It would have been a nice Christmas gift just to see a very impromtu video.  No extra anything, just a short walk in the town square of a new location.

However, I'm not upset about it, I'm hoping the team is taking a nice break from work over the holidays so they can come back recharged and ready to rock it.

• 1095 posts
    December 25, 2017 2:38 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Maybe that sort of thing will be more common post-launch. They already officially acknowledged the holidays here which is plenty sufficient imo: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/7746/happy-holidays-everyone/view/post_id/146918

I agree but I also think that post should of been in Off-Topic :P

• 769 posts
    December 27, 2017 12:56 PM PST

Yes. Low expectations. Approach MMO development like a 1st date. It'll probably go horrible wrong. She'll probably have a glass eye, or your ex will be there. Imagine and plan for the worst. 

• 2752 posts
    December 28, 2017 9:43 AM PST

Kind of glad they didn't actually. Not just because the resources but more since I don't want real world holidays to be in-game events. 

• 25 posts
    December 28, 2017 3:30 PM PST

It'd be fun for Pantheon to have its own holidays, but copying real holidays for games is meaningless to me, and I'd disband every gnome or elf with a santa hat from my party 

• 137 posts
    January 1, 2018 10:33 AM PST

Speaking of decorating, have the Devs confirmed ingame holiday events?

Never mind, it has been confirmed. Apologies

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at January 1, 2018 2:38 PM PST