Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What Is Your Go-To Backup Class?

• 393 posts
    December 19, 2017 2:48 PM PST

Hrm, Shaman, Bard or Pally.

• 999 posts
    December 19, 2017 5:55 PM PST

With my main, I'd prefer to play a "leader" type class like a tank/puller (Shadowknight) or I suppose Dire Lord in Pantheon terms; however, my schedule dictates now to be more of a support role, so most likely I'd roll a summoner as my "back-up" (would prefer necromancer) which ultimately would turn into my main.

• 108 posts
    December 19, 2017 8:00 PM PST

If the Human Ranger is a no go for any reason i would play a dwarf Paladin.

• 178 posts
    December 19, 2017 9:35 PM PST

I tend to try something different in every game. I have not yet played a pet class. At some point that will be a back up plan to try. However, I like to gravitate to the classes rarely played - which generally means a support class of some sort. And I really like going with classes that require a little bit of extra effort on the side. Such as poison making or if there is some alchemy. Just a little something extra required to round off or top up your class.

Once there are more reveals I will be able to identify the support classes and the classes that may require the little bit of extra effort (poison making; alchemy, whatever). I'll also have a better idea on the classes I really abhor playing. I suppose my backup class, so far, would be the shaman.

• 106 posts
    December 25, 2017 3:11 PM PST

Hey all, seasons greeting. It would depends, if i play a shaman as my main, i would go with druid as backup if i was not able to play a shaman, vice versa. Again as some folks mentioned, it proabably depends. If main is bard and couldnt play it, ranger maybe...or rogue as main, if not...warrior. If wizard is my main, enchanter or nercromancer as backup. All that may change when game goes live. Meh...

• 28 posts
    December 28, 2017 10:09 AM PST

I find that if my necromancer is not available to me--which it currently is not :(  ...

I tend to unhappily settle on a number of roles:

Cleric, Enchanter, Wizard, Bard, etc.

• 40 posts
    December 29, 2017 12:16 PM PST

Dwarf Paladin as main.  Typically fall back on CC classes as alts, so likely an Enchanter or Bard.

This post was edited by Hane at December 29, 2017 12:16 PM PST
    • 40 posts
    December 30, 2017 3:17 AM PST

If I couldn't play Necromancer, my #2 would be a wizard/mage. 

• 57 posts
    December 30, 2017 4:37 PM PST
    With the current information available so far, it is likely I roll Gnome Enchanter as main and Ogre Shaman or druid as main-alt. I will have an assortment of different groups of friends, and each will have separate play schedules. So, multiple alts look likely, unless leveling really is going to be slow like old school EQ (maybe even hell levels?)