Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

First Person View

This topic has been closed.
    • 1095 posts
    November 27, 2017 9:23 AM PST

I play in 3rd person unless I'm in a dungeon or in a small space then its 1st but 99% of the time its 3rd. One thing that has bugged me in the streams and its just because they haven't put it in yet probably is the option to show your name above your head while in 3rd person lol. Every time Cohh opens settings tab I always look for it but hope they add it for Alpha because I like to see my name and titles, it is very distracting for me not to see my name. Thats one think I hated about ESO, no option to show my name.

Hope they add it soon lol.

This post was edited by Aich at November 27, 2017 9:23 AM PST
    • 1019 posts
    November 27, 2017 9:32 AM PST

Krixus said:

These posts drive me nuts. Do people seriously expect a game in PRE PRE ALPHA to be fully fleshed out? Good grief. 

What would you prefer everyone do Krixus?  Should we all wait until launch, knowing there are many aspects that the team should hear recommendations about but wait until release before we voice those opinions?  Should we never say anything, hoping the game we (or at least I) have invested hundreds of dollars to (others $1000's) and hope they just see the error of their ways.

This is what a community does Krixus, we talk.  If we didn't say anything about an issue we see, or voice an opinion we'd be offered a POS and genuninely be expected to like it.  If that POS was released and we start, then, to voice our displeasure, the Devs would be like WTF?  

However, if it drives you nuts, my sincere recommendation is that you aviod the forums.

This post was edited by Kittik at November 27, 2017 9:35 AM PST
    • 1019 posts
    November 27, 2017 9:34 AM PST

Zeem said:

One thing that has bugged me in the streams and its just because they haven't put it in yet probably is the option to show your name above your head while in 3rd person lol. Every time Cohh opens settings tab I always look for it but hope they add it for Alpha because I like to see my name and titles, it is very distracting for me not to see my name. 

I agree, hoping to see lots of display/hide options.  Hide all.  Show Grouped member only.  Hide floating dmg numbers.  etc...

• 1281 posts
    November 27, 2017 11:44 AM PST

Prefer first person myself.

Prefer to see weapons in FPV

OK with the idea of adding a checkbox to hide weapons while in FPV if it bothers people as long as I get to see it.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at November 27, 2017 11:45 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    November 27, 2017 11:59 AM PST

Krixus said:

Kittik said:

Not a big fan of the view aspect myself, but there are times when fighting a mob I'd like to zoom in and see the mob up more closely.  However, watching the videos of recent it looks like the first person view doesn't show a sword swinging into the mob, or the staff stricking, or from watchig Cohh's monk, I don't see hands flailing toward the mob.

I'm hoping they implement this to some extent.  While in 1st person view even when running/walking, you should see your hands breifly appearing at the bottom of your screen.  Of if you're holding a shield or sword, you should see those.  In the "making of a city" video, we see the staff that Cohh is holding, so maybe it's being worked on.

These posts drive me nuts. Do people seriously expect a game in PRE PRE ALPHA to be fully fleshed out? Good grief. 

I think some expectations come from how some games have advertised themselves this past decade or so..eg:  Rift ..told us it was pre-alpha,  but they were actually beta..ready for market.  Not much for testers to do.  More like early access.    Eventually everyone will realize this is old school testing we'll be doing for Pantheon. :)

Cana

• 2130 posts
    November 27, 2017 12:03 PM PST

Will Pantheon go full PUBG and have heated discussions about the merits of First Person Perspective? Will we have special ruleset FPP servers? :thinking:

• 1618 posts
    November 27, 2017 2:41 PM PST

Why has Bazgrim not come in and posted all the already heated discussion threads about this point?

Baz, I am deeply disappointed. Get to work! I am too lazy to do it myself.

• 9 posts
    November 27, 2017 3:22 PM PST

Liav said:

Will Pantheon go full PUBG and have heated discussions about the merits of First Person Perspective? Will we have special ruleset FPP servers? :thinking:

Its been posted before....I'd love to see a First Person only locked server.  To me the imersion is orders of magnitude greater in first person.  You get that sense of awe, sense of fear, sense of being there.  With 3rd person, not so much.

I smiled in the City Video when they told Cohn to go first person :D

-Chris

This post was edited by trukk at November 27, 2017 3:22 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    November 27, 2017 3:43 PM PST

Unfortunately, I have to close this down folks, there are already multiple threads on First Person, I will link some below, please use the search function prior to starting a new thread as more often than not, you will find one already exists.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/3203/first-person-view-my-thoughts-exactly ;(Active)

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/6997/first-person-mode ;(Active)

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/6084/first-person-animations (Active)

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2205/first-person-rendering (LOCKED)