Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Gear of the Sunhunter

• 2130 posts
    November 24, 2017 11:24 AM PST

I definitely can say that I felt the same way. Ignorance is bliss, haha. These days, it would pain me to look at an item and not be able to understand how it benefits me. EQ's itemization in retrospect is hilariously bad, and the benefits most stats give are so miniscule or misunderstood that people still argue to this day about the effects of Charisma on charm duration, frequency of breakage, etc.

I personally prefer to see stats give tanglible benefits.

• 1095 posts
    November 24, 2017 11:38 AM PST

Liav said:

In fairness, +3 agi amounts to nothing tangible so Kittik's point still kind of stands. The scarcity of stats in early EQ didn't matter because most stats on gear were worthless.

HP, AC, Mana, and Strength all had tanglible benefits. The rest would require a hundred hours of parsing to detect any kind of effect.

It all depends on how they code the characters rection to stats. +1 agi could give benfits if it is made that way. I do like way in Dark Souls showed you what each point would do to your stats, like dodge evasion, and mitgation so you knew exactly what each one was doing. I would like to see something like that. It's all dice rolls in a equation so they should be able to show how it effects the character.

This post was edited by Aich at November 24, 2017 11:39 AM PST
    • 2130 posts
    November 24, 2017 11:53 AM PST

Right. One point of Agi could be huge if they design stats that way. In EQ, the benefit from Agi was so miniscule that you wouldn't notice it.

• 249 posts
    November 24, 2017 6:07 PM PST

Liav said:

Right. One point of Agi could be huge if they design stats that way. In EQ, the benefit from Agi was so miniscule that you wouldn't notice it.

I think this is the key. A +2 str bracer should effect your dmg enough to be noticable. One stat/benefit that was super apparent in eq when equipped was Haste. I was a haste addict. On the other end of the spectrum...agi was a joke. I'm sure they'll nail it. 

• 3016 posts
    November 24, 2017 6:50 PM PST

I remember being thrilled if something dropped and the stats were green (in the early days 1 point of anything was a big deal to a newbie.)

• 7 posts
    November 25, 2017 5:42 AM PST
    • 1019 posts
    November 25, 2017 11:37 AM PST

I don't know what that item does.